It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent Jesus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Many of you may know of some sayings of Jesus which may seem to induce violence.

I write today to clue you in on what these saying intend to convey.

I will not use any quotes because what is to be said is easily said, easily understood, and easy to apply.

Remember that there are no dark passages in the bible.

The meaning of violence that Jesus speaks of is the war of the spirit.

One must fight with all one's ability, asking the gifts of God and weapons of the Spirit, to maintain and increase holiness in ourselves and others. Read your scripture now and you will understand.

We must pick up the cross and deny ourselves, because "the will of the spirit is contrary to the will of the flesh".

Would it make sense that Jesus meant to spur physical violence when he always spoke of peace and a spiritual kingdom. Jesus did not come for that, He said 'no' to that in the desert and 'no' when in agony at Gethsemane.

Many times the crowds wanted to stone the Pharisees. Jesus stopped them.

Many times Jesus was tempted by Judas Iscariot to reign and dominate. Jesus would reiterate: 'My Kingdom is not of this world.'

So remember, the Kingdom of God is conquered with virtue and the weapons of the spirit.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Arnt there stories of Jesus as a child killing a boy with magic?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
However God amd Jesus are still responsible for many deaths
And may I ask why people always depict Jesus as a white man when he was infact middle eastern

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

not in the approved gospels.

There are four gospels written by 4 different witnesses at 4 different times in 4 different places of the world. All of which complement each other and do not contradict.

Any story that contradicts these 4 are questionable and therefore, not in place as truth in the argument.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: backcase

There are mountains of contridict ions in the bible... And that's after Constantine held his meeting to remove all contridictions....

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeChakra
However God amd Jesus are still responsible for many deaths
And may I ask why people always depict Jesus as a white man when he was infact middle eastern

All men must die physical death.

God is about mercy, but when man has no mercy he shall receive none, for that man there is justice.

"'Vengeance is mine', saith the Lord God of Israel".

I don't think skin color is relevant, only Word of God. "Blessed are those who believe without seeing".

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

There are no contradictions in doctrine. as for descriptions of place I would say that that would be an error of man, who is imperfect.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
You can't cherry pick what you would like to include in the debate to conform to your ideals and beliefs. I think if you were to view all evidence as a whole you'd find how wrong your statements are.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

My OP is about viewing scripture in the light of the spirit of it, not of the physicality.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Right cherry picking to conform with your views. I say this because you disregard evidence contrary of your beliefs with weak excuses for why that isn't what you wanna discuss. You can't have a proper debate or discussion without including the whole of the topic…which is religion.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

The discussion is on the spirituality of the religion.

I admit to there being mistakes in the bible if you read it to the letter, but the Doctrine is the Truth. Discern the difference, it's obvious.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

You might wanna choose a title to reflect that…I wouldn't have come had I know the real topic here.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
God gives us wisdom. The wisdom to decipher the lies that we hear everyday. But examine the old testiment where it speaks of all the greed and deception that somehow reoccurs within their religion. Religion and the judicial system are not immune from power seekers and greedy people trying to take over. Now flash forward to the New Testement, I do not see much greed or desire for power being preached in that.

Interpretation of the law and the laws themselves can become corrupt. It is the perception of the time that steers the creation of corrupt laws and translation. There will always be greedy people and those who would want to control others, but we should try to dissuade our young from desiring this. That is not easy in the society here in America though, a society that promotes competition. We do not need to compete against our neighbor, it is much better to work together as a team symbiotically. Sports aren't bad, as long as you do not let them control your life.

What is god? It is something that connects us and keeps us apart. It is the bond of the universe, an energy that we know little about. Structured energy, not chaos created mankind and all other life. Now, the basis of religions are usually similar but we have twisted our perception to focus on differences, so this makes us pessimists instead of friends. Everyone is different yet everyone is related. We are related to all life on this planet.

Ok, enough babbling.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

My title is true. It leads to a thread regarding the title, in which I explain the sayings of Jesus which seem to be violent.

Did you read the OP before you posted? You should make a habit of doing that.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yes, you speak well of the error of religion. Try to trace errors to their initial cause though in order to learn the error and teach what the error is.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

We should focus on the good, but understand that bad things do happen. I guess seeing how people lost their path in the old testament shows that we are not so different than people two thousand years ago. We still stray and get caught up in Fads that hurt others and our own offspring in the future yet we are steered by some to ignore the world of our future generations, living for the day without examining the consequences of our action. We can be happy and still not destroy the world and the lives of others. Well, maybe some of us can, I do know people who think everyone's life should be as miserable as the life they have created for themselves. I feel sorry for them but if they cannot see the good in things, it is hard to persuade them it exists.

Some people like chaos, they will work hard to create it and persuade others to join with them. We need to work together to create a better world, not build tools to destroy it.

I know, just a pipe dream.

edit on 4-6-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I seem to remember Jesus whipping and beating the hell out of the money-changers in the Temple. Any paintings of that event show Him flaying a whip around and frowning...He was not too HAPPY.....

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The weapons are of the Spirit. Rest assured that God has a plan.

We have many examples to lead us to be better people ourselves, and it is not a torture to pray that people are more inclined to do so.

Do what you can in you sphere. What you do for the world you do also for yourself, but remember to place more importance on the souls of man, who are either with the Father or as orphans, lost to the world by those who lead them astray.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

The temple of God is to be cleared of everything ungodly. We must give Satan no quarter. See the meaning behind that story.

We are the temples of God and we must purge ourselves of evil to restore the place, even with violence.

Star for you, I should have added that.
edit on 033030p://333 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaAgent
Arnt there stories of Jesus as a child killing a boy with magic?

He had the ability to access this thing called the "gate of intelligent infinity". He got angry with his playmate, and it triggered this ability and resulted in the playmate's death. He then spent his life by making recompense and learning to use his gifts for the absolute good.

Ra: I am Ra. Those who heal may be of any density which has the consciousness of the spirit. This includes third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh. The third density can be one in which healing takes place just as the others. However, there is more illusory material to understand, to balance, to accept, and to move forward from.

The gate to intelligent infinity can only be opened when an understanding of the instreamings of intelligent energy are opened unto the healer. These are the so-called Natural Laws of your local space/time continuum and its web of electromagnetic sources or nexi of instreaming energy.

Know then, first, the mind and the body. Then as the spirit is integrated and synthesized, those are harmonized into a mind/body/spirit complex which can move among the dimensions and which can open the gateway to intelligent infinity, thus healing self by light and sharing that light with others.

True healing is simply the radiance of the self causing an environment in which a catalyst may occur which initiates the recognition of self, by self, of the self-healing properties of the self.

17.19 Questioner: How did Jesus learn this during his incarnation?
Ra: I am Ra. This entity learned the ability by a natural kind of remembering at a very young age. Unfortunately, this entity first discovered his ability to penetrate intelligent infinity by becoming the distortion you call “angry” at a playmate. This entity was touched by the entity known as Jesus to you and was fatally wounded.

Thus the one known as Jesus became aware that there dwelt in him a terrible potential. This entity determined to discover how to use this energy for the good, not for the negative. This entity was extremely positively polarized and remembered more than most Wanderers do.

17.20 Questioner: How did this aggressive action against a playmate affect Jesus in his spiritual growth? Where did he go after his physical death?
Ra: I am Ra. The entity you call Jesus was galvanized by this experience and began a lifetime of seeking and searching. This entity studied first day and night in its own religious constructs which you call Judaism and was learned enough to be a rabbi, as you call the teach/learners of this particular rhythm or distortion of understanding, at a very young age.

At the age of approximately thirteen and one-half of your years, this entity left the dwelling place of its earthly family, as you would call it, and walked into many other places seeking further information. This went on sporadically until the entity was approximately twenty-five, at which time it returned to its family dwelling, and learned and practiced the art of its earthly father.

When the entity had become able to integrate or synthesize all experiences, the entity began to speak to other-selves and teach/learn what it had felt during the preceding years to be of an worthwhile nature. The entity was absolved karmically of the destruction of an other-self when it was in its last portion of lifetime and spoke upon what you would call a cross saying, “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do.” In forgiveness lies the stoppage of the wheel of action, or what you call karma.

17.21 Questioner: Then [in] which density does the entity known as Jesus now reside?

Ra: I am Ra. This information is harmless though unimportant. This entity studies now the lessons of the wisdom vibration, the fifth density, also called the light vibration.

17.22 Questioner: In our culture there is a great saying that he will return. Can you tell me if this is planned?
Ra: I am Ra. I will attempt to sort out this question. It is difficult. This entity became aware that it was not an entity of itself but operated as a messenger of the One Creator whom this entity saw as love. This entity was aware that this cycle was in its last portion and spoke to the effect that those of its consciousness would return at the harvest.

The particular mind/body/spirit complex you call Jesus is, as what you would call an entity, not to return except as a member of the Confederation occasionally speaking through a channel. However, there are others of the identical congruency of consciousness that will welcome those to the fourth density. This is the meaning of the returning.

www.lawofone.info...
edit on 4-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join