It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Woman Dies After Being Hit By Plane Propeller

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This is just awful. She apparently walked into an operating propeller while at work at Start Skydiving in Middletown, Ohio (which is not too far from me).

Start Skydiving will be “a lot less bright” after an employee died Monday night, one day after she was critically injured when she accidentally walked into an operating propeller on an airplane.

Sarah Rhoads, 24, of Miamisburg and office manager for three years at Start Skydiving, passed away from the injuries Monday night at Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton.

She was surrounded by family and the friends she had made at the business, said John Hart, owner of the skydiving company, based at Middletown Regional Airport.

Middletown Journal News

My thoughts go out to her family and friends.

edit on 4-6-2014 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm sure there are a lot of news sites where there will be plenty of sympathy expressed for this tragic accident, but ATS being a conspiracy site and all, I wonder that this is the best place to get such. The fact is that Start Skydiving will be a "lot MORE bright" after this accident because it's not very bright to walk into a propeller in the first place. This young lady, tragic though it may be, just earned herself the Darwin Award for taking herself out if the gene pool. Walk into a turning propeller and you die. It happens every time.

Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm such a bad guy for pointing this out, but does every thing that happens in the world have to show up here? Is there a conspiracy of propellers here or what?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
What a horrifying accident, can you just imagine being there in person and seeing the carnage?
She sure looks like a happy young lady in the picture that is included in the link.

I don't see any conspiracy in the OP's Post because it is in the "Chit Chat Forum"
I do appreciate the post and story, you never know it just might save a life down the road.

I for one have struck off of my bucket list the act of approaching a prop driven plane when its running.
S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I thought Raiders of the Lost Ark taught everyone about the dangers of spinning propellers.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
I'm sure there are a lot of news sites where there will be plenty of sympathy expressed for this tragic accident, but ATS being a conspiracy site and all, I wonder that this is the best place to get such. The fact is that Start Skydiving will be a "lot MORE bright" after this accident because it's not very bright to walk into a propeller in the first place. This young lady, tragic though it may be, just earned herself the Darwin Award for taking herself out if the gene pool. Walk into a turning propeller and you die. It happens every time.

Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm such a bad guy for pointing this out, but does every thing that happens in the world have to show up here? Is there a conspiracy of propellers here or what?

I've heard about these accidents many times. The worst one I can think of is when a charity skydiver descended on top of a helicopter.

www.apnewsarchive.com...

The mystery is was it suicide, panic or just carelessness?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm surprised she wasn't killed instantly after reading the title

There safely regulations are clearly poor if she was able to walk In to a propeller, how does that even happen? Invite everyone onto the Tarmac for a chat to take there minds off of the deadly spinning propeller blade on boogie day?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
I'm surprised she wasn't killed instantly after reading the title

There safely regulations are clearly poor if she was able to walk In to a propeller, how does that even happen? Invite everyone onto the Tarmac for a chat to take there minds off of the deadly spinning propeller blade on boogie day?

From what I read via the link the OP provided this is not a major airport, so yes people will walk and talk on the Tarmac whilst planes are running.

We are not talking 747's here but Cessna's and the like.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Wow 3 years, you would think she would know this....that said

It has happened so much in the Canadien military they have policies against foot traffic around aircraft running except the marsheller who is responsible for the area visible around the plane, like a big airport.

Anything less is shoddy training..blame goes to the poor person standing in front, then the lame owner for not providing the right/sufficient training.

We all have moments of in attention, that's why we got each other.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Walk into a turning propeller and you die. It happens every time.

Not every time...www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Treespeaker
a reply to: lovebeck

Wow 3 years, you would think she would know this....that said

It has happened so much in the Canadien military they have policies against foot traffic around aircraft running except the marsheller who is responsible for the area visible around the plane, like a big airport.

Anything less is shoddy training..blame goes to the poor person standing in front, then the lame owner for not providing the right/sufficient training.

We all have moments of in attention, that's why we got each other.

Cheers

I agree with your last line 100%. We all can think of one time or another where we drove home and didn't remember the trip, stop lights, etc. once you work at a job for so long your brain sometimes goes on autopilot (absolutely no pun intended no better phrase to be had).

My husband works at a sawmill. Some of the more serious injuries he has seen there have involved the guys who've been there for 20+ years. You get comfortable and that's when things happen.

It's a sad thing at any rate. That's a damned young age to leave the world.

new topics

top topics

join