It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Soldiers: Beware, you are only a hero if you are a right wing christian

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I don't know how you are so floored. The man deserted, became a traitor to the United States when he joined with the Taliban to fight against the US.

Ok, what right wing talk show this morning or yesterday said that he fought against the United States. In the last two pages, there is a new theme of saying he fought against America.

Where exactly are you getting this information???

It seems like people are just making it up because there is zero evidence of it.

Do you not believe he was a prisoner, do you think all the videos over the 5 years he was captured were all faked?

I am also not against them because they are Muslim, I am also Muslim. But they aren't just Muslim, this family - the Bergdahl's - are EXTREMISTS. I am against ANY Muslim who is an extremist!

And how are the Bergdahls extremists???

Because the father dared to praised Allah on the holy steps of the White House?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: amfirst1
a reply to: kruphix

He joined the Taliban and fought against America. R u stupid?

No, he didn't.

That is what the Right Wing media circus has caused a lot of easily manipulated people to think, but there is no evidence to suggest he joined the Taliban and absolutely nothing that says he fought against America.

He was a prisoner of war.

You are willfully and purposefully being obtuse,you have no evidence he was captured and was a POW.Witnesses from the village and from his unit suggest he deserted his post and yet you argue.Why?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

No, he didn't.

That is what the Right Wing media circus has caused a lot of easily manipulated people to think, but there is no evidence to suggest he joined the Taliban and absolutely nothing that says he fought against America.

...........and you are sure of this how? There is also no evidence the other way....... yet. You are positive he never picked up Taliban provided arms when he joined them after he left his post and his own weapon behind, didn't play any part when the six heros from his unit were KIA looking for him? You know for a fact he wasn't a Taliban sympathizer playing the part of a POW when the cameras were on him as a propaganda ploy to get the five GITMO terrorists released?

I go off what we know at the time, I don't make up a fantasy that fits my needs.

Like I said, there is zero evidence that points to him actively fighting against America. Sure, he could have, but nothing even hints at that at this time.

If you want to just make stuff up though, then let's just say that he was abducted by aliens from his post and dropped off in the desert. Yeah, sounds stupid...because there is no evidence to back it up.

All this uproar is based on what 6....SIX...members of his battalion (which can consist of hundreds of members). Notice they don't state he was part of his squad, the soldiers that would no him best.

Just like all propaganda, it is loose with the facts...and it seems like all of you are willing to believe it 100% without questioning. And with this latest piece, you guys are willing to just start making things up with zero evidence.

If you have any evidence at all that he actively fought against America, please provide it.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf

No, he didn't.

You are willfully and purposefully being obtuse,you have no evidence he was captured and was a POW.Witnesses from the village and from his unit suggest he deserted his post and yet you argue.Why?

There are many conflicting stories at this point.

I honestly don't care if he deserted, he was a prisoner and is still a US Soldier and deserved to be rescued. And the soldiers who are talking out aren't from his unit, they are from his battalion...so 6 out of what...300...1000???

The hate is running strong on the right wing...and facts be damned...they are on a witch hunt. And they are willing to trash on a US Soldier just to attempt to make Obama look bad.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
Ya know, I'm all about pointing out the hypocrisy of the hardcore Right.....but in this case they may be correct in their critisizm.

He deserted his post, said he was renouncing his citizenship and was going to fight for the other side.

To me, that sounds like he didn't want to be an American soldier anymore.

So why would Obama trade him for enemy prisoners? It doesn't make sense to me.

You people still live in a fantasy world where you having woke up yet? The enemy terrorists most likely WORK FOR THE US anyway..

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf

No, he didn't.

There are many conflicting stories at this point.

I honestly don't care if he deserted, he was a prisoner and is still a US Soldier and deserved to be rescued. And the soldiers who are talking out aren't from his unit, they are from his battalion...so 6 out of what...300...1000???

The hate is running strong on the right wing...and facts be damned...they are on a witch hunt. And they are willing to trash on a US Soldier just to attempt to make Obama look bad.

You are glossing over all of the witness statements and turning a blind eye to all the circumstances in order to defend Obama.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

You are glossing over all of the witness statements and turning a blind eye to all the circumstances in order to defend Obama.

When you say "all of the witnesses"...you are talking about 6 soldiers from his battalion, and second hand information from an anonymous "villager" who we no longer have access to.

If the Military wants to put him on trial to find out the truth, I'm all for it. If he is found guilty, then he should be punished.

None of it changes the fact that he is a US Soldier and deserved to be rescued.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

You may as well argue your points to a brick wall...public opinion on this is inextricably wrapped up with extreme political dissatisfaction with the current administration.

Some love to beat the drum about Obama being Muslim. Bob Berghdahl's comments at the White House only serve to fuel the irrational flames of those rumors.

Add to it the trade for 5 Taliban and a significant portion of the political populace (hard-line conservatives, Christians and Baby Boomers) is apoplectic.

Why? Because they tend to take every scurrilous thing they read on the internet at face value, forward it to dozens of family and friends and post it on FB..where the same closed circle reads it again and declares that it must be true. They don't wait
for substantiated facts or vetting info with public hearings because neither support their world view.
edit on 6/5/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

No, because he wants to see ALL Taliban in Guantanamo released. You aren't seriously contesting that, are you?

In my book, probably even a lot of "progressives" books even, that's pretty extreme. Those 5 we released even the military and former Defense Secretary Link didn't want them released.

edit on 5-6-2014 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Spare me the tears, you are getting all upset about nothing.

Like I said, look to your own country and you will see that both countries are doing the same things.

Camp bastion is used as a u.k torture prison why don't you ever talk about that?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

You may as well argue your points to a brick wall...public opinion on this is inextricably wrapped up with extreme political dissatisfaction with the current administration.

Some love to beat the drum about Obama being Muslim. Bob Berghdahl's comments at the White House only serve to fuel the irrational flames of those rumors.

Ummmm, you have people even on the Left pretty upset with the way the whole thing played out. Sure the Right is pissed, but you have your own party not very happy with the President and his actions on this one.

But you put on your rose colored glasses, it's only Republicans who have issues with this.............

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

No, because he wants to see ALL Taliban in Guantanamo released. You aren't seriously contesting that, are you?

In my book, probably even a lot of "progressives" books even, that's pretty extreme. Those 5 we released even the military and former Defense Secretary didn't want them released.

I want to see everyone in Gitmo released as well...or actually given a trial.

I don't think that is an extremist point of view...I think supporting the illegal prison and indefinitely holding these people without giving them a trial is an extremist point of view.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Are you aware of the UCMJ, Codes of Conduct, the oath that all military members take?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I see we disagree. Those captured during conflicts such as the one we are in, don't get all the trappings of POW status and the like. I know you don't like that, but even the Obama Administration has my viewpoint. They aren't U.S. Citizens. U.S. nationals and Citizens should have trials and the like, not Afghan Taliban.

Better complain to the guy you voted for then.........

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

First...you know nothing of my party affiliation.

And second, Dems are concerned about the legal ramifications of Obama circumventing Congress...not whether Bergdahl's Dad thanked Allah.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

what right wing talk show this morning or yesterday said that he fought against the United States.

It was assumed from the very first moments that he had traded sides.
(and with good reason)
The military believed that because of the mans actions.

Heard About Bergdahls Desertion

When he deserted, the Army didn't go on a rescue mission.
They had orders to shoot him if they saw him.
That's how sure they were that he had defected and was aiding the enemy.

edit on 6/5/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Kosmic,

You have tougher skin than that.

I used you a torchbearer on this issue. I wouldn't want to insult you by calling you a Democrat. JK.
My apologies if you were offended by me describing you as one.

When you state your case like that, only the Right is upset, you are doing a disservice to the discussion.

Lets see how national polling comes out on this issue and the party affiliation breakdown, shall we?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: Xtrozero

For a country that prides itself on the rule of law, we sure don't seem to have faith in it. The whole point of a trial is to determine guilt or innocence. Due process, you know one of the supposed cornerstones of our freedom and liberty.

Japanese internment camps ring a bell?

We have a history of locking people up sometime entire families based on race and or religion.

Is this something to be proud of?

Let me ask you a question...

Lets say you heard that some guy was going to kill your whole family. You learned it though methods that would not be usable in a court of law, but if you do nothing your family is going to die, what do you do?

The court system is a joke...who has the best lawyers either win or locks up the courts for decades. When you need to know information now, you can't wait years. It is nothing to be proud of, just a necessity.

So what would be your necessity to save your family?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Torture backfired and the USA should take responsibility, not hide behind tyrannical actions they preach so much against.

No, it was extremely effective, just not admissible in a court of law.

Either make them POW or Criminals. Simple.

Plus the lack of due process has made some horrific mistakes possible. Khalid El-Masri come to mind a German Citizen who was picked up due to a major CIA cock up.

# happens in a war....

They are not legal combatants (POWS), they are illegal combatants (criminals). If you haven't notice Afghanistan has a Government and this group wants to over throw the Government to go back to what they had when they controlled the population by a self guided religion.

What this means if you are a female is you become basically an uneducated slave...so defend them all you want and complain about America...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It was assumed from the very first moments that he had traded sides.
(and with good reason)
The military believed that because of the mans actions.

Who assumed that he was actively fighting against the United States?

Do they usually promote someone to sergeant that they think is a traitor and is fighting against them? He was promoted in absentia in 2011...two years after his capture.

You are trying really hard to hate this man, all in order to hate Obama some more...and you ignoring the facts to do so.

When he deserted, the Army didn't go on a rescue mission.
They had orders to shoot him if they saw him.

REALLY???

Well I'm going to have to see a source on that.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join