It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Soldiers: Beware, you are only a hero if you are a right wing christian

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: crazyewok

Whatever you say pudding, you worry about yours and we will worry about ours.

No!

It is my problem.

The USA has kidnaped UK citizen, one by the CIA admission by a complete mistake!
And he spent several years in gitmo, if he had a trial the mistake would have been cleared up.

Plus it hypocritical the usa shoves down the world throat tha its the "land of the free" while at the same time its inflicting tyranny.

So dont you dare patronise me you arrogant man.
All you do is dodge the issues and pull out insults like a mindless drone,

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: kruphix

There is a reason they are in a prison outside of the US territory.

We can't keep them locked up forever, try them for something or let them go.

There is a reason they are in prison period. None of those 5 are the mythical poor farmer who was picked up and wisked away to Gitmo.

The Taliban are hell bent on fighting us either in Afghanistan or America, this is a 100 year war as far as they are concern, so expect future attacks in Americs as they continue their buildup untouched now. These 5 guys will make sure of it.

So why not try them then?

Whats the usa got to loss?

If it had given them a trial they would be serving life and obama would not have been able to touch them.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

So why not try them then?

Whats the usa got to loss?

If it had given them a trial they would be serving life and obama would not have been able to touch them.

That is easy to explain... There was no evidence linking them to specific attacks or the evidence against them was tainted by coercion or abuse methods that was used to get the evidence, and so can not be used in a court of law, but they were also deemed to dangerous to be released.

I know this sounds so horrible to you but when a country imprisons people during a war, trials are not typically done to those captured and held, and the mere assertion that they are one of the enemies is enough for capture. I'm sure during WWII the Germans and Japanese only imprisoned those Americans that they had physical evidence against, and not just because they happen to be Americans supporting our side...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   

That is easy to explain... There was no evidence linking them to specific attacks or the evidence against them was tainted by coercion or abuse methods that was used to get the evidence, and so can not be used in a court of law, but they were also deemed to dangerous to be released.

I know this sounds so horrible to you

Extremely. immoral and tyrannical come to mind too.

Torture backfired and the USA should take responsibility, not hide behind tyrannical actions they preach so much against.

but when a country imprisons people during a war, trials are not typically done to those captured and held, and the mere assertion that they are one of the enemies is enough for capture. I'm sure during WWII the Germans and Japanese only imprisoned those Americans that they had physical evidence against, and not just because they happen to be Americans supporting our side...

And I would have no issues with this IF the people detained at GITMO and other sites were actually POW.

But the USA seems to have made up on the fly a new term. One I like most of the world don't recognize as legal and view as a thinly veiled excuse to allow abuse and torture.

Either make them POW or Criminals. Simple.

Plus the lack of due process has made some horrific mistakes possible. Khalid El-Masri come to mind a German Citizen who was picked up due to a major CIA cock up.

edit on 5-6-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-6-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

For a country that prides itself on the rule of law, we sure don't seem to have faith in it. The whole point of a trial is to determine guilt or innocence. Due process, you know one of the supposed cornerstones of our freedom and liberty.

Japanese internment camps ring a bell?

We have a history of locking people up sometime entire families based on race and or religion.

Is this something to be proud of?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

I don't know how you are so floored. The man deserted, became a traitor to the United States when he joined with the Taliban to fight against the US.

I also don't know how you see this as a partisan issue. The first go around (but not the second) I voted for Obama... I am a bit more conservative then some, but am much more center than others.... and I am so pissed I am seeing red over this...not partisan in the least.

I am also not against them because they are Muslim, I am also Muslim. But they aren't just Muslim, this family - the Bergdahl's - are EXTREMISTS. I am against ANY Muslim who is an extremist!

There are plenty of Muslims who served this country well and never deserted to fight for the other side... that is the definition of a deserter / traitor. Fighting for the Taliban, a group of people who kill other Muslims for no reason other than they don't like their interpretation of how to practice religion, and people of other religions for the same reason, is the definition of a seriously dangerous extremist.

You can feel sorry for the way people treat this man I suppose, if you are feeling particularly supportive of a man who thinks people should be killed who don't have the same beliefs as himself, but I wont... I'll be damned if I ever do. THAT is the great thing about this country in my eyes... no one tries to kill you for believing whatever you want!

That freedom of life and belief is also worth fighting and dying for imho. Apparently he doesn't like American ideals, and thinks the ideals of extremists are better for fighting and dying for... and for that I say we should have either left him there, or put a bullet in his head.

Nope, not even a little partisan.
edit on 5-6-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Did he join and fight with the taliban? or is this your opinion?

From what I understand he was held prisoner for 5 years and other nations conducted negotiations to secure his release.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Every single person who bowe served with said the same thing concerning what happened surrounding his disappearance. THEY are asking bowe to be court martialed..the core of which is court.

I say the same thing, he needs to stand accountable for what he did.

that said... those 5 Taliban - two of which should have gone before the UN for war crimes - were not worth this one man when all his fellow soldiers who served with him said the same damn thing...

Hell, those 5 would not have been worth my life and I'd have gladly given it to make sure they didn't go free.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

According to those who served with him he walked off and went to go join them.

I say join because unarmed he actively sought them out... this is what the men looking for him found out when they went looking for them... bowe outright was looking for them. unarmed. to join the Taliban.

Former Army Sgt. Evan Buetow was the team leader with Bowe Bergdahl the night Bergdahl disappeared.

"Bergdahl is a deserter, and he's not a hero," says Buetow. "He needs to answer for what he did."

Within days of his disappearance, says Buetow, teams monitoring radio chatter and cell phone communications intercepted an alarming message: The American is in Yahya Khel (a village two miles away). He's looking for someone who speaks English so he can talk to the Taliban.

"I heard it straight from the interpreter's lips as he heard it over the radio," said Buetow. "There's a lot more to this story than a soldier walking away."
CNN

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I wholeheartedly agree with you... Obama need impeached. I am still beyond flabbergasted that this hasn't been done yet...

He and his entire administration are working against American interests... its past time they got the boot, before any more serious damage is done!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype

I am just glad people like the OP are not serving else we would have a lot more cases such as this. I do not agree with the wars in the Middle East - what do i do about it?

Simple. I choose to not join the Army.

This POS chose to join the Army and chose to get Americans killed.

This is why I lean toward him joining with the express intent of exactly what he did... free Taliban from gitmo. Now, my husband says I am overthinking this, but I lean toward a belief that he planned in advance exactly what he did.

I spend a solid year talking with my son about whether or not he would join the military. We talked about it from every single aspect, but mainly the aspect of 'were the wars something he felt he could support with his life if necessary'.

We believed in the war in Afghanistan... both of us. But what he and I both were worried about was the war in Iraq... and there was a huge question, can he join and take the risk of going to Iraq rather than Afghanistan?

We spent a solid year talking about the pros the cons of it all... all the what if's there were, and in the end he decided not to join in military service. He is the first male child in my father's family who did not join the military.

By 2008 - 2009 when bergdahl joined the military, he knew the deal. He had by then heard how some of the soldiers were behaving even... which was one of his complaints apparently. He knew exactly what was up all the way around... yet he joined anyway...

so why did he join, and then only being in afghanistan a short time before deserting and joining with the Taliban. It seems premeditated to me, what with all the talks my son and I had had concerning the possibility of him joining... it makes me wonder...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: Xtrozero

For a country that prides itself on the rule of law, we sure don't seem to have faith in it. The whole point of a trial is to determine guilt or innocence. Due process, you know one of the supposed cornerstones of our freedom and liberty.

Japanese internment camps ring a bell?

We have a history of locking people up sometime entire families based on race and or religion.

Is this something to be proud of?

We don't have to lock up anyone or their families anymore. We have much better surveillance now. But I can tell you in regards to Japanese internment camps in Kalifornia. Japanese children were sent back to Japan at 16 to finish school and were required to pledge allegiance to the rising sun. This was a major concern at the time, so some brainiac decided to just lock up everyone that was Japanese. My ex father inlaw was in south Los Angeles and remembers it well. This guy is a huge lefty but this is the only issue he is reversed on because of personal experience. He is one of the quietest and kindest people I have ever met, bring this up and it was the only time in the 30 years I have known him he gets angry for thinking we did something wrong.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I really don't understand what the admin. is trying to accomplish. First the VA scandal that's been going on for years, but recently the govt. owned MSM has been allowed to bring to the forefront. Now, the admin. takes an unpopular PR hit by releasing five known terrorists for a deserting traitor. All this is a cover for something else which I just can't fathom.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1

He joined the Taliban and fought against America. R u stupid?

No, he didn't.

That is what the Right Wing media circus has caused a lot of easily manipulated people to think, but there is no evidence to suggest he joined the Taliban and absolutely nothing that says he fought against America.

He was a prisoner of war.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

You clearly haven't been paying attention to what is going on.

He deserted his post. He left his base in search of the Taliban. He left a note stating he was leaving.

Once with the Taliban, attacks on the outpost and the patrols were more direct and accurate.

He was never listed as a POW. He is and never was a POW. He went to them on his own accord.

He should be tried for desertion and the investigation into treason needs to be started as well.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Is he an AMERICAN soldier if he leaves his post, renounces his US citizenship, and then fights against America?

It's just amazing that so many people here are saying that he fought against America...where is the proof of that?

Did he leave his post...it appears so at this point, but we don't have all the facts yet. Did he renounce his citizenship...no...he stated he wanted to...but that doesn't do it. Did he fight against America, not from every single piece of information I have seen.

Do you care to provide where you found the information that he actively fought against America?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Last time I checked the taliban had no navy, it has no airforce and even before the war had no projection capabilty.

So to say if you dont fight them in afganistan they will rule the USA? Its pure male cow feces.

As for the people of afghanistan? Dont see how its the USA or allies problem.

A military opposition does not need an Air Force or Navy to fight or even win against a foe.

Asymmetrical warfare is the name of the game.

Only if POW

The usa should mot have made up a pathetic thrid catogory of enemy combatent that most the world thinks is bs.

If you have kept to the simple criminal or pow system the US gov and military would not be under so much flak. Of they were pow no one could complain on there indeffinate detention and if convicted criminal in a real prison obama would not have been able to pull this stund.

You shot yourselfs in the foot makeing up a silly third catogary so you could toture them.

What third category?
These 5 were treated better then most citizens live in the US. They were held, as per directive.
Now.....are those directives legal?? I'm not sure. I do think it is legal gymnastics to get them to be legal and semantics is used heavily in this.

Those 5, and all in Gitmo, need to be processed via the Military process. Or....just killed on the battlefield when found.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: damwel
John McCain did the same thing when he was a pow and you people wanted to elect him president. Hypocrites.

(Choke, gasp) Now that is too silly--it has to be sarcasm. John McCain was flying a mission when he was shot down and captured...he didn't desert his post and go looking to pal up with the NVA. Utter history failure.

lol. Look how many ignorance inspired stars the poster you were replying to got though.

The allegations against McCain were far more serious than anything leveled at this guy.

It is almost without doubt that McCain aided the enemy...and a lot of the people who are "outraged" (I put it in quotes because this same group of people are "outraged" every other day about something different) wanted to elect him President.

Hypocrisy?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: amfirst1

He joined the Taliban and fought against America. R u stupid?

No, he didn't.

That is what the Right Wing media circus has caused a lot of easily manipulated people to think, but there is no evidence to suggest he joined the Taliban and absolutely nothing that says he fought against America.

He was a prisoner of war.

...........and you are sure of this how? There is also no evidence the other way....... yet. You are positive he never picked up Taliban provided arms when he joined them after he left his post and his own weapon behind, didn't play any part when the six heros from his unit were KIA looking for him? You know for a fact he wasn't a Taliban sympathizer playing the part of a POW when the cameras were on him as a propaganda ploy to get the five GITMO terrorists released?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

A military opposition does not need an Air Force or Navy to fight or even win against a foe.

You have that right.

Funny thing, we got Bergdahl back from a group of armed Taliban inside Afghanistan, the Taliban were the ones that we were/are fighting there.... and we are in the process of pulling out of the country.
What did we accomplish?
I know that the Taliban are not in control of the government right now, but how long will that last?

edit on b000000302014-06-05T09:16:15-05:0009America/ChicagoThu, 05 Jun 2014 09:16:15 -0500900000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join