It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Soldiers: Beware, you are only a hero if you are a right wing christian

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
John McCain did the same thing when he was a pow and you people wanted to elect him president. Hypocrites.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

And by the way, the Daily Beast is overwhelmingly considered to be liberal, so don't claim rightt-wing partisan politics.

We haven't encountered each other until now pal, but I don't do partisanship...
I think all sides are as bad as each other & that's not why I entered the thread,

Desertion or Captured was only on my mind because a link shared with me clearly said some of his platoon-mates said captured!!!

I'm on the fence until all the facts are available pal!!!

Peace UnBreakable!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

He is a deserter. He walked out on his obligation, his brothers on base and more than likely helped the Taliban in providing patrol routes and placements for mortar fire and IED attack.

He should be tried as a deserter at the very least. And if it can be proven he willfully gave the Taliban info for attacks, tried for treason and hanged. Very simple.
Regardless of what ever statement his Dad has gone off on.

link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

I'm not taking the bait, try to find someone else to troll.

link   
a reply to: damwel

Yeah, McCain didn't leave his post searching for the Vietcong to be buddies.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

I'm not taking the bait, try to find someone else to troll.

It's not bait, and I'm not trolling you.

I simply would have liked your opinion in regards to your contradiction which I pointed out.

All I have done is provide factual logic, my apologies if that falls within the "trolling" category.

I hope you have a nice day

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

And by the way, the Daily Beast is overwhelmingly considered to be liberal, so don't claim rightt-wing partisan politics.

We haven't encountered each other until now pal, but I don't do partisanship...

I think all sides are as bad as each other & that's not why I entered the thread,

Desertion or Captured was only on my mind because a link shared with me clearly said some of his platoon-mates said captured!!!

I'm on the fence until all the facts are available pal!!!

Peace UnBreakable!!!

Ok pal! I was just answering the question you had posed as to whether he was captured or deserted. By his own admission in writing, he deserted. And I only added about partisan politics because others have made it a right-wing - left-wing issue. As far as I'm concerned, the facts are available, pal. His own letter admitting his desire to leavie is evidence enough for me.

Peace to you also.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a link shared with me clearly said some of his platoon-mates said captured!!!

His own letter said he deserted.

I'm on the fence until all the facts are available

That's a respectable position.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'm not a soldier, a tactician, or a politician, but even I could tell that this was a dud deal.

Five potentially dangerous people were exchanged for a potentially compromised soldier, I'm sure that the thousands of war widows will sleep easy tonight knowing that.

The Bush Admin was eager to wage this war and now the Obama admin is eager to leave it-and both like to forget all those they've marched to their deaths.

And now the Govt is using this soldier as a scapegoat to put a positive spin on the whole debacle. Adrien Brody anyone?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

One problem with your rant. The Bergdahl family is christian according to news articles. They reportedly belong to Sovereign Redeemer Presbyterian Church, an Orthodox Presbyterian (OPC) congregation in Boise. A conservative Presbyterian denomination with over two hundred churches in the United States.

Proctor—Bergdahl’s former pastor in Idaho—didn’t discuss the political questions surrounding the soldier’s disappearance and release during an interview on Monday, but he did offer insights into the struggles the family has faced over the last decade.

Proctor served as pastor at the Idaho church for just six months before pursuing missionary work in Uganda in 2003, but he grew close to the Bergdahls. He has since returned from the mission field and serves as pastor of an OPC congregation in Sterling, Va.

Bowe Bergdahl Aside from the pastoral visits with the Bergdahl family, the pastor said he also counseled Bowe regarding his struggles with Christianity: “He was asking questions about whether this faith was his faith or his parents’ faith. … He very much wanted to know things for himself.”

www.worldmag.com...

edit on 4-6-2014 by Deny Arrogance because: Added link to source

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
John McCain did the same thing when he was a pow and you people wanted to elect him president. Hypocrites.

So McCain didn't get shot down in combat? He deserted his post instead?

You all know that the death penalty can be used for desertion in a time of war? It is a serious event and we saw how serious it can be when people died looking for him.

I'm in Afghanistan right now and there isn't a person here that thinks he is anything other than a POS.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

It's just sad that people are so brainwashed that they think nothing of saying "kill the terrorists" when referring to people who are just living in their own country fighting against an occupying force.

Well in that case...

May you live out your days under Taliban rule....

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
"5 dangerous terrorists"

Are we sure they were dangerous terrorists, or labeled as such by the government? No trial, no due process, just labeled a terrorist. It was never proven in a court of law that anyone in gitmo is anything, other than Muslim of middle east descent.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Are we sure they were dangerous terrorists,

Yes.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

They are alleged terrorists, as they have not had trials or proven in a court of law that they are terrorists. Fox news doesn't determine who is or is not a terrorists. If they are dangerous terrorists it needs to be determined by a court and not public opinion or political ideology.

Do the right wing not believe in due process or rule of law? Or can they not prove there case?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Ok pal! I was just answering the question you had posed as to whether he was captured or deserted. By his own admission in writing, he deserted.

And I only added about partisan politics because others have made it a right-wing - left-wing issue.

As far as I'm concerned, the facts are available, pal. His own letter admitting his desire to leavie is evidence enough for me.

Nice one...
That's a damning letter no doubt!!!

I've seen the partisanship, it does my head in to see it so frequently on ATS!!!

I'd like to know why he deserted much more in depth...
The letter is an admission without a doubt, but we'd still need to know why he felt such a way!!!
Some hve mentioned PTSD which is probably the worst of all Mental Health conditions & I am a diagnosed Schitzophrenic!!!
I know which I'd rather have, Intrusive Imagery is quite a horrible symptom, having had first hand experience of I.I I'd take the voices & visions every time!!!
He is currently in a hospital in Germany, if it is PTSD I'd not like to remove the Hero title just yet, that's why I'm still on the fence!!!

Peace UnBreakable!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Do the right wing not believe in due process or rule of law? Or can they not prove there case?

And yet again you are incorrect.

Where does the US legal system and due process show any placement to captured military personnel?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Well if Fox and Friends say they are 5 of the most dangerous terrorist...it must be true.

Please tell me...what did these 5 do that make the 5 of the most dangerous terrorists around???

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

And yet again you are incorrect.

Where does the US legal system and due process show any placement to captured military personnel?

The Geneva Convention governs the rule of law when it comes to war, are we compliant with the convention? The Bush administration viewed the constitution as a g-d piece of paper, that's why gitmo is not in the United States. But if all the prisoners at gitmo are prisoners of war, what country are we still at war with and what justifications do we have to indefinitely hold these people without any due process??

Edit to add, you smaller government types crying about government over reach, and the best example of government over reach is indefinite detention without due process and your all for it????
edit on 4-6-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
A fact you may have missed. Soldiers have NO CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS to decide if they will fight.That decision should have been made earlier.
We are under UCMJ That stands for Uniform Code of Military Justice, kind of like ours accept run by officers.
Once you are on the line weapon in hand walking away is a crime and a misake.It has happened in peace time too...en.wikipedia.org...

That idiot went into North Korea,he didn't get out of it though.
If you think I am political you ARE illiterate.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join