It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Soldiers: Beware, you are only a hero if you are a right wing christian

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
And that is seen as treasonous???

No .. the treasonous part is him walking off his post and going looking for English speaking Taliban to hook up with. And he himself said he was sickened by America and wanted to give up his citizenship.

Captured or Deserted???

Deserted.

Peace Flyers!!!

Yeppers .... heya Charlie.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
He forfeited his life when he abondoned his post to join the other side. I could not care less if he and his entire family lineage praise the rainbow goats of Santa land. People lost their lives because this guy joined the military, got to his post, and then decided this job might not be the right choice for him. He should have nutted up like the other soldiers there that weren't really happy with what they were having to do. He should have been a conscientious objector. He had other options that didn't include costing other families their husbands, sons, and fathers.

He chose to desert and we should have chosen to do the same to him. If you can't see that folks are pissed about that, I don't know what to tell you. Ask the other troops that were with him in his platoon if they are pissed of because his father praised Allah, of if they are pissed off because of his actions. There have been several that have openly come out and said how they feel about this.... You must have missed it though because they weren't screaming mad about the whole Allah thing.

5 terrorists were traded for one terrorist that day IMO. Don't think he is a terrorist? Ask the families of the fallen soldiers who fell trying to find their friend/fellow comrade what they think he is.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: FlyersFan

Bergdahl's life has been under a microscope, with most accounts describing a soft-hearted infantryman who cared more for the Afghani people than he did for his Army mission

Your link says this...
And that is seen as treasonous???
Well that's sickening in my opinion!!!

He enlisted into the United States military not the Taliban.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
I'm just floored with all the hate talked against the recently rescued AMERICAN SOLDIER. People want him executed, want him tried for treason, so much hate towards his father for having the audacity to say the word "Allah" near our holy temple...The White House.

I didn't think right wingers could get any more hypocritical, but here you have it. The love soldiers, they support the troops....as long as you are a Christian soldier and your dad is a flag waving good Christian as well.

It is just scary how easily people are led by the nose. All it took was Fox News and Right Wing radio to turn rescuing our only prisoner of war in Afganistan into a hate story about Obama for people to turn their vicious hate towards the soldier as well.

Maybe he did desert his post, maybe his dad is a Muslim...but he is still an American soldier and why wouldn't we want to get him back? I can just imagine all the hypocrites that are currently calling for this guys execution losing their minds if Obama instead of rescuing decided to treat him as an enemy combatant. Can you guys at least admit that it doesn't matter what Obama does, you will automatically take the opposing position....damn the logic or hypocrisy?

The bottom line is that he is an AMERICAN SOLDIER...you would think everyone would be happy that we got him back.

So heres the deal, you want to talk about hypocrisy... I define hypocrisy as a 4 star General telling the media that he is an American citizen and is innocent until proven guilty. How come that didn't work for anwar al-awlaki and a drone strike that took him out without a trial? He was a US citizen as well. Then they chose to take out his son with a drone attack as well. There should be a hellfire shortage pretty soon.

I sure wouldn't want to argue with his platoon mates they all seem to think he is a deserter, without exception. The militaries own records show he went AWOL. As with all of his platoon mates I would like to see him tried as well. I strikes me funny that the administration could do this in an attempt to remove the ongoing scandals from the front pages only to have it blow up in their faces and create another. When Diane Feinstein bales on you Mr president you made a serious mistake. He will most likely get away with this too as he has everything else. Time will tell.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

This has nothing to do with religion or political affiliation. The fact that you think it does is concerning. The fact that you got that many stars is even more concerning.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

hey FF!!!

I'd be inclined to agree but at the moment I'm with this guy...

Former Guantanamo Bay prosecutor, retired Air Force Colonel Morris Davis, says emotions surrounding the case have quickly overtaken the facts.

"It’s become politicized. It’s not really a question of right and wrong. It’s how you can spin this to support your particular position in the current environment," Davis said. He urges caution until all the facts are known.

Peace FF!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Angry much?

Seems you have an issue with conservatives.

This issue is only political in that an idiot (Obama) did this and he is a politician.

They used to hang people for treason. Soldier-boy should be sweating bullets right now.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

He also signed up to fight all enemies foreign & domestic!!!

Nobody walks away without good reason, & we have no idea what he saw while in combat!!!
If he was sickened by America, why???
We'll have to wait and find out!!!

Peace saneone!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
If the president was a republican, he would be called a hero.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahhahaha!!!!

Thank you. I mean that from the heart. I haven't had a laugh like that in quite some time.

Bless you.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I agree. They should have also let Jane Fonda handle the trade. She was always so patriotic and for the soldiers. It would have been fitting.

edit on 6/4/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

The problem is when you join the military you become a unit and not an individual and what he did to his fellow brothers and sisters is straight up betrayal.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

If this guy is a deserter and not worthy of being rescued...why did his unit go to do just that? .

Basic military move. The deserter has information that the military doesn't want to fall into enemy hands. They weren't going to 'rescue' him. They were going to STOP him, and then mop up the damage he did (kill the terrorists that he was blabbing to).

You buy the 'rescue mission' PR put out .... but I'm telling you, it wasn't 'rescue'.

Really?

You know this for a fact...or is this just fantastical thinking on your part?

It's just sad that people are so brainwashed that they think nothing of saying "kill the terrorists" when referring to people who are just living in their own country fighting against an occupying force.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
remember he did apply to the "legion"
"If a legionnaire has made a break for it then for the first few days he is noted down as "Absent".
There are sometimes reasons why legionnaires are late back on camp.
Eg. after a night out in town. After seven days absence you are declared a "Déserteur".
This carries a standard sentence of 40 days
(assuming they haven't deserted on the brink of war
or whilst at war
when they could face up to two years in a French civilian jail after having done the forty days in the Legion jail).

If a legionnaire deserts with a weapon, the search will take a much more sinister form, with many men involved. The prospects for such a deserter are not pleasant."
unquote,
i find the weapon part
" If a legionnaire deserts with a weapon, the search will take a much more sinister form ",, interesting,

guess thats why he left his weapon gear,,

40 days for desertion ,,thats not bad.

oh ya "forty days in the Legion jail" ,,thats bad.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

You know this for a fact...or is this just fantastical thinking on your part?

Common sense based on my having been in the Army for five years. A deserter isn't rescued. He (or she) is contained. The situation is neutralized. And that would mean catching the deserter and killing or catching the bad guys he (or she) blabbed to. Obviously ...

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Break it down...

The Soldier walked off his post...He left men unguarded.

Doesn't matter what he did after that.

If you really feel sorry for him drop him a line.

To: The Dumbest Guy in Afghanistan

Solitary Confinement

Ft. Leavenworth KS.

% SuperMax

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Desertion or captured? I'll say desertion since he indicated in writing that's what he was going to do.

"A goodbye note from Bowe Bergdahl may darken his happy homecoming. According to a former senior military officer, when Bergdahl walked out of his remote Afghan outpost in 2009, he left behind a note explaining that he was leaving to start a new life. Bergdahl said in the letter he was disillusioned with the Army and wouldn’t support America’s war. On Tuesday, the Army announced it would pursue a "comprehensive" review of Bergdahl's disappearance, which could potentially lead to desertion charges".

And by the way, the Daily Beast is overwhelmingly considered to be liberal, so don't claim rightt-wing partisan politics.

www.thedailybeast.com...#

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

He enlisted into the United States military not the Taliban.

Same difference...they are both terrorist organizations.

I wonder if he knew that he was enlisting to fight an illegal war based on lies?

If the war-mongers in Washington DC never sent your young men and women to die there in the first place none of this would have ever happened.

I'm not taking sides here just shedding some well needed logic in this very confused thread.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

Your logic is not my logic.

Please spare me with the whole U.S military is a terrorist org. b.s

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Wiki for American Taliban
"Deserter" Baghdal is in big trouble, but not as bad as convicted terrorist John Walker Lindh serving 20 years.
See we won't kill him...just give him what he deserves.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

How can you keep a straight face and type that the US military is not a terrorist organization.

It clearly practices the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

Do you disagree?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join