It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Soldiers: Beware, you are only a hero if you are a right wing christian

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
It isn't so much about Islam as it is about him being a deserter.

A soldier can desert his post while in the US and not put his fellow soldiers at risk, so him doing so in a theater of combat is much worse.

Exactly should be court martialed and shot.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

All of that was confirmed by soldiers he served with, if I am not mistaken. Since you're all gung-ho for the troops, you should believe them, correct?

Anyway, it seems like you are trying to somehow justify what he did. Why?

Do you sympathize with his "beliefs"?

Or perhaps you're just a fan of Obama and this was just an attempt to use the troops against the Right that has been blasting Obama.

Either way, this man left his post and is no longer a soldier in the US military, in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Then why not desert when at home?

If he had ptsd then he should have told someone?

No he deserted in a combat zone and git SIX people killed.

O i think he should have been brought home,but not for the reasons of being a hero but to stand trial for his alleged crime.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
I'm just floored with all the hate talked against the recently rescued AMERICAN SOLDIER. People want him executed, want him tried for treason, so much hate towards his father for having the audacity to say the word "Allah" near our holy temple...The White House.

I didn't think right wingers could get any more hypocritical, but here you have it. The love soldiers, they support the troops....as long as you are a Christian soldier and your dad is a flag waving good Christian as well.

It is just scary how easily people are led by the nose. All it took was Fox News and Right Wing radio to turn rescuing our only prisoner of war in Afganistan into a hate story about Obama for people to turn their vicious hate towards the soldier as well.

Maybe he did desert his post, maybe his dad is a Muslim...but he is still an American soldier and why wouldn't we want to get him back? I can just imagine all the hypocrites that are currently calling for this guys execution losing their minds if Obama instead of rescuing decided to treat him as an enemy combatant. Can you guys at least admit that it doesn't matter what Obama does, you will automatically take the opposing position....damn the logic or hypocrisy?

The bottom line is that he is an AMERICAN SOLDIER...you would think everyone would be happy that we got him back.

//opensmouth//
//closesmouth//
//turns//
//walksoutdoor//

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Fox news followers dont care for exaggeration they will eat it up.

Supposed terrorist > terrorist > mass murders > hitler lol... should i go on.

Hypocritical republicans being hypercritical. Nothing new.

oh yeah "im not pissed at his allah thing, im pissed at what he is" sounds familiar? "i dont hate him, i just hate his policies" lol...

An american solider has a specific skin colour and a right wing political affiliation, rest of them "arn't" real american, according to republicans anyway.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Yes, an American soldier who was a Taliban sympathizer and abandoned his post, deserting his company to join the enemy, getting six American soldiers KIA while looking for his traitoris ass. His father retweets Taliban rantings, then deletes them. Besides that their both great Americans.
edit on 4-6-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Then why not desert when at home?

If he had ptsd then he should have told someone?

No he deserted in a combat zone and git SIX people killed.

O i think he should have been brought home,but not for the reasons of being a hero but to stand trial for his alleged crime.

I agree with you. I think you have a good grasp on the situation.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

c'mon...you haven't been here long, but politically, this is a right-wing website....take it from one of the few liberals that remain here....all the rest have pretty much gone away...my advice?...stick to the all the forums that are non-political

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
c'mon...you haven't been here long, but politically, this is a right-wing website....

I've been here 10 years so I'll tell you straight up .. this is NOT a right-wing website. This is a website where the posters don't like anyone in office. Bush43 ... Obama ... ______ (insert (D) or (R) of choice). This website runs anti-establishment, and right now the democrats have the White House so they get the brunt of the heat. That doesn't make this a 'right wing' website. Not even close.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

c'mon...you haven't been here long, but politically, this is a right-wing website....take it from one of the few liberals that remain here....all the rest have pretty much gone away...my advice?...stick to the all the forums that are non-political

How is desertion a liberal or republican topic? I'm sure the soldiers in his company that he abandoned were a mix of Rs and Ds. I agree with FF, ATS is not a right-wing site from what I've seen.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
He served more time in Afghanistan than any of us put together...
So he is a Hero... Simple as that!!!

If he decided that the cause was no longer worthy he is well within his rights to walk away without notice...

But that's if he "deserted" anyways!!!

What I'd like to know is how did he walk upto a group of Taliban warriors with no prior Arabic training, armed in US uniform and not get shot in the head on sight!!!

I put it to the jury that he was a hostage, Stockholm Syndrome has taken affect & he is protecting his captures who probably do not hold such extremist views as the average Taliban or they'd have killed him straight away!!!

Ransom was paid, a Hero is home, God bless America!!!

Peace everybody!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

A hero would never leave his fellow soldiers, a hero would never let harm come to his company.

A hero he is not

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
If the president was a republican, he would be called a hero.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
He served more time in Afghanistan than any of us put together...
So he is a Hero... Simple as that!!!

His commander has said he doesn't want anyone to call the deserter a 'hero'.
The people who died because of your 'hero'

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

That's one hell of an assumption.

WE DONT NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORIST!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream
That's simply absurd. Partisan nonsense.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
What I'd like to know is how did he walk upto a group of Taliban warriors with no prior Arabic training, armed in US uniform and not get shot in the head on sight!!!

I suggest you read the information provided by his commander. Commander - Bergdahl Wanted To Talk To English Speaking Taliban Communications were intercepted that state Bergdahl was out looking for English speaking Taliban.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I'm hearing a lot of people talked about he soldiers who died that went to RESCUE him.

If this guy is a deserter and not worthy of being rescued...why did his unit go to do just that? Are you calling these soldiers who risked their lives and those that died idiots or traitors because then went to rescue their fellow soldier???

Deserter or not, it is still our responsibility to get him back safely. After that, if he deserted or committed other crimes, I have no problem with the military charging him and having a trial.

We shouldn't question rescuing American soldiers, we should be proud and happy that our government does what it can to get them back and not let them sit and rot in a hole somewhere.

To say otherwise is just partisan hypocrisy due to the fact that you don't like the current President.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
If this guy is a deserter and not worthy of being rescued...why did his unit go to do just that? .

Basic military move. The deserter has information that the military doesn't want to fall into enemy hands. They weren't going to 'rescue' him. They were going to STOP him, and then mop up the damage he did (kill the terrorists that he was blabbing to).

You buy the 'rescue mission' PR put out .... but I'm telling you, it wasn't 'rescue'.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Bergdahl's life has been under a microscope, with most accounts describing a soft-hearted infantryman who cared more for the Afghani people than he did for his Army mission

Your link says this...
And that is seen as treasonous???
Well that's sickening in my opinion!!!

Sadly the link keeps crashing my phone before I can read the full article...

Also it's says he was captured???
So which is it???
Captured or Deserted???

Peace Flyers!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join