It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Soldiers: Beware, you are only a hero if you are a right wing christian

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I think the opposite. Its' around way more than people realize and not just with the military. But what I've seen so far doesn't make me believe he was suffering PTSD. He was thinking clearly and wasn't afraid. He had a plan and he put the plan in motion. He actually acted rather fearlessly ... leaving everything .. leaving his post ... walking into 'enemy' territory ... not speaking the language ... I'm not seeing PTSD there. I could be wrong. But I'm not seeing it from here.

I agree.. he was rather premeditated in this actions, but there are some people who sell off their stuff before they commit suicide, so who knows...

But when you see a real case of PTSD you get an idea what I'm talking about....hell someone has a fender bender and it is PTSD, at one time we called that life's hard knocks, if we want to establish it as PTSD then everyone in the world has it.

There is one side no one has even suggested...

Is he gay? Did his fellow soldiers find out? Remember this was 5 years ago... That could be a reason for his actions to get away or die.

I bring this up because he was a very active in ballet and though I'm not saying any man in ballet is gay there is a good tendency that a gay man would find ballet an interesting thing to do..... He was also very despondent with his fellow soldiers, and this once again could be a sign of not fitting in.

edit on 5-6-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
it's just disgusting that people are so willing to ....

.... to ignore the fact that Obama broke the law, a law he himself signed?
That Obama then lied and said it was an oversight that he broke the law?
And then the people make excuses for it?
yes .. that is disgusting. But partisanship is like that ....

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I read that the US dismissed information from the Taliban as propaganda when the Taliban claimed that Bergdhal, converted to Islam.

In 2010, The Taliban claimed U.S. soldier Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl had converted to Islam and had taught them bomb-making techniques. Bergdahl had also changed his name to Abdullah, the Taliban claimed, though the mainstream media largely ignored the story, seeing it as comparable to the tale of Sgt. Brody in the fictional Homeland television series on Showtime.

www.breitbart.com...

So did the Taliban told the truth or it was propaganda and the white house tried to downplayed.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
But when you see a real case of PTSD you get an idea what I'm talking about....hell someone has a fender bender and it is PTSD, at one time we called that life's hard knocks, if we want to establish it as PTSD then everyone in the world has it.

I think this is a symptom of our poor mental health knowledge. Unfortunately psychology is a science still in its infancy and as a result we misdiagnose or mislabel many things.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
I read that the US dismissed information from the Taliban as propaganda when the Taliban claimed that Bergdhal, converted to Islam.

He and his father were Presbyterian when the son deserted.
Obviously things have changed since then.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

Wow... that's just so...

So.

Accusing people of wearing blinders, while wearing them yourself...

This man, by all accounts, deserted his post in an active war zone. I don't care if he's a bible thumping southern Methodist, or a butterfly petting Buddhist, or anything in between. He is a deserter. Period.

As for his father? I care not in the slightest.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

The problem is that the propaganda machine in the white house will spin their own crap in order to miss inform the masses and find sympathy among those that do no understand how geared propaganda works.

The presidents actions mess up the Democratic party, you know the party that he was elected under, now the well pay fixers will launch a campaign of propaganda.

But for us that understand the military and know the military the only way Bergdahl will walk is with help of the white house.

So now "he may have mental issues".

Is nothing but crap.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

it's just disgusting that people are so willing to ....

.... to ignore the fact that Obama broke the law, a law he himself signed?
That Obama then lied and said it was an oversight that he broke the law?
And then the people make excuses for it?
yes .. that is disgusting. But partisanship is like that ....

It appears you have an obsession about Obama. If he broke the law, he will be impeached and have a hearing, found guilty and face the consequences.

The office of the Presidency gives the President more power to operate outside some laws if there are exigent circumstances. From what has been said, Berghdal's health or well being was being considered an exigent circumstance. So you can cry about it all you want, but until you reconcile the fact that the President isn't an average citizen and does have overriding power on some issues, you just sound misinformed about it.

But no, it is not disgusting. What is disgusting is that you and others are already passing judgment on one of our soldiers based on very little information. Some have even suggested we just kill him or should have left him to die. I'm sure you and these other people are the same people that are "outraged" that we "left people to die" in Benghazi...you know...defense contractors...not US Soldiers.

It's pure hypocrisy, and that is what this thread is about.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

So the father didn't converted to Islam before his son deserted but after, something doesn't add up Flyers, this seems like too many deceptions going around.

I will find more information.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

The presidents actions mess up the Democratic party, you know the party that he was elected under, now the well pay fixers will launch a campaign of propaganda.

More and more, I'm coming to the conclusion that being "Democrat" is, for Mr. Obama, merely a matter of convenience. If, over time, he had thought that being "Republican" would have served him better? That's what he'd have done.

His stated convictions are meaningless.

There is a deeper game going on here.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

More and more, I'm coming to the conclusion that being "Democrat" is, for Mr. Obama, merely a matter of convenience. If, over time, he had thought that being "Republican" would have served him better? That's what he'd have done.

His stated convictions are meaningless.

There is a deeper game going on here.

I think the same could be said for many (most?) politicians.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Oh, indeed. That's my point. He's just a politician. Nothing more, nothing less.

He came into office with such glowing possibilities... I bought into it to an extent, up until he started spending money like it was from a never ending source.

Now? He's so far from what he said during the first election, that he's virtually unrecognizable. I'm amazed that the Left hasn't turned on him entirely. Some have, but most are still marching to the tune.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I agree, it seems that the president no longer look like he is following his party's line anymore, It seems that both parties are afraid of him.

Nobody is challenging him anymore, the corporate run NSA most have the congress in their pockets.

I found something else about Bergdah'ls links to Terrorist groups.

In May of 2011, Bob Bergdahl released a video that pleaded for his son's release. He said, "Strangely, to some, we must also thank those (Taliban) who have cared for our son for almost 2 years... We understand the rationale of the Islamic Emirate (Taliban) has made through videos." The reference to the Taliban as the ‘Islamic Emirate’ is, by way of prior evidence, the preserve of sympathisers.

On May 24th, Bergdahl linked to a movie produced by the Islamic Emirate Of Afghanistan, a site that uses the Al Qaeda flag as its banner, saying, “I am still working to free all captives on all sides of this conflict.” Additionally, the website is recognized as the Taliban's English-language media outlet. The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan existed in the country under Taliban rule from 1996 to 2001.

www.breitbart.com...

So since when US had a policy of having its citizens doing business with terrorist sites.

Bob Bergdahl’s long beard appears to be in accordance with traditional Islamic customs, and its scraggly and unkempt appearance is, while no sure sign of conversion, a noted trait in white converts. CNN reported that he grew his beard to show “solidarity” with his son.

His Twitter page is filled with anti-American and pro-Islamist sentiments. There are many other controversial tweets besides the much-reported instance where he tweeted, “I am still working to free the remaining guantanamo prisoners.”

In April this year following the re-arrest and detention of former Guantanamo detainee Moazzam Begg, Bergdahl tweeted his support for the man once called “Britain’s most famous supporter of the Taliban” by Amnesty International’s Gita Saghal.

This the same man that was standing next to our American president praising allah

Now how can anybody say that is just propaganda.

Since when US is now a sympathizer of terrorist, after so many of our patriots has died fighting terrorism.

Could this be an agenda? to see if how far the American people could be push

For anybody that think that Bergdah's wasn't a Taliban this is very interesting

edit on 5-6-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

It appears you have an obsession about Obama. If he broke the law, he will be impeached and have a hearing, found guilty and face the consequences.

Let's ask G.W. Bush and Dick Cheney how that works out shall we?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

It appears you have an obsession about Obama.

It appears you want to deflect every time someone brings up the fact that Obama broke the law .. and considering that Obama and his lawbreaking is part of the story that surrounds this thread ... Obama WILL enter into the discussion. Deal with it.

If he broke the law, he will be impeached and have a hearing, found guilty and face the consequences.

Yeah right.

The office of the Presidency gives the President more power to operate outside some laws if there are exigent circumstances.

Hell no. He broke the law. A law he signed into effect. He had no right to do so. NONE. He's playing king and yet he took an oath to follow the rule of law.

I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

See that? FAITHFULLY. He is to follow the rule of law. He purposely broke it and then lied calling the break an 'oversight'. Just admit it. He's running rogue.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Beside the release of the 5 Terrorist from Giztmo how much money did the tax payers in the US have to pay for Bergdahl's release

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Y'know, that didn't even occur to me until just now...

Very good question, Marg. It'd be interesting to find out.

Ransom? Or payoff?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I believe somebody posted a reference to a ransom been paid along with the 5 terrorist but I can not remember in which thread it was.

The reference was to Oliver North, he claims that he knows a ransom was paid.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

The allegations against McCain were far more serious than anything leveled at this guy.

Allegations are irrelevant. If they were serious, as you say, he would have had to stand trial, which he didn't.

It is almost without doubt that McCain aided the enemy...and a lot of the people who are "outraged" (I put it in quotes because this same group of people are "outraged" every other day about something different) wanted to elect him President.

John McCain was captured and tortured. That's a lot different than willingly confiding in the enemy.

In August 1968, a program of severe torture began on McCain.[46] He was subjected to rope bindings and repeated beatings every two hours, at the same time as he was suffering from dysentery.[34][46] Further injuries led to the beginning of a suicide attempt, stopped by guards.[34] Eventually, McCain made an anti-American propaganda "confession".[34] He has always felt that his statement was dishonorable, but as he later wrote, "I had learned what we all learned over there: Every man has his breaking point. I had reached mine."[47][48] Many American POWs were tortured and maltreated in order to extract "confessions" and propaganda statements;[49] virtually all of them eventually yielded something to their captors.[50] McCain subsequently received two to three beatings weekly because of his continued refusal to sign additional statements.[51]

McCain refused to meet with various anti-war groups seeking peace in Hanoi, wanting to give neither them nor the North Vietnamese a propaganda victory.[52] From late 1969 onward, treatment of McCain and many of the other POWs became more tolerable,[53] while McCain continued actively to resist the camp authorities.[54] McCain and other prisoners cheered the U.S. "Christmas Bombing" campaign of December 1972, viewing it as a forceful measure to push North Vietnam to terms.[48][55]

Altogether, McCain was a prisoner of war in North Vietnam for five and a half years. He was released on March 14, 1973.[56] His wartime injuries left him permanently incapable of raising his arms above his head

Hypocrisy?

Being forced to talk through torture and willingly putting yourself in the enemy's hands are two entirely different scenarios. During McCain's subjection to torture, he didn't forget which side he was on. The same can't be said for Bergdahl.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Why are people still defending and making excuses for this tratorious scum? While in captivity he converted to Islam and became a jihadist.

" EXCLUSIVE: Bergdahl declared jihad in captivity, secret documents show"

www.foxnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join