It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Soldiers: Beware, you are only a hero if you are a right wing christian

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: kruphix
You keep on going on assuming you know everything.

You keep on going on pretending that Obama breaking the law is a
'manufactured scandal'.
I'll keep on reading the statements made by those who commanded the deserter.
They are much more trustworthy than your buddy Obama.

Again, it's all alleged until his day in court.

You can trust them all you want, and you will because it confirms your own bias.

I honestly don't care if he is a deserter or not, but I will wait until a court tries him before declaring him as such.

But not you...you WANT this to be true...and why do you want this to be true???

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

.you WANT this to be true...

You continue to be absurd. Get real.

Address the issue, and try not to be partisan when you do.

Five known mass killing terrorists have been set free by Obama.
Obama broke the law. Period.
He then claimed breaking the law (that he himself signed) was an 'oversight'.
Obama lied. Period.

Those are the facts. That's not 'manufactured'. It's real. Deadly real.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

If you really don't care then why are you in here arguing?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

NO cause I don't recognize the BS term illegal or enemy combatent.

Either they are POW or Criminal and they are being held as neither.

Just cause you buy the BS your government feds you don't mean I do.

You are starting to repeat yourself so I think we are done, but just to add..

Article 118 Geneva Conventions first line....

Prisoners of war shall be released and repatriated without delay after the cessation of active hostilities.

POWs can be either legal combatants or illegal combatants. At the end of the war legal combatants are returned and illegal combatants are put on trial in a world court.

So just because you think they are BS terms they are the proper terms used, and the War is not over is it? They are also not USA terms but world terms...

edit on 5-6-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Then if POW both Bush and Obama plus my own country Pm's need to be tried as war criminals as last time I checked one could not torture a POW.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

You keep on going on assuming you know everything.

You keep on going on pretending that Obama breaking the law is a
'manufactured scandal'.
I'll keep on reading the statements made by those who commanded the deserter.
They are much more trustworthy than your buddy Obama.

Again, it's all alleged until his day in court.

You can trust them all you want, and you will because it confirms your own bias.

I honestly don't care if he is a deserter or not, but I will wait until a court tries him before declaring him as such.

But not you...you WANT this to be true...and why do you want this to be true???

I guess you are waiting for your boss, Obama to whip out his magic pen and issue a pardon for Bergdahl, as he was listed in an extensive Pentagon investigation as....wait...here it comes....a deserter!

Des

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Do we leave soldiers behind or not?

No witnesses saw him leave. Its the others opinion that he deserted. He is a alleged deserter.

He is being blamed for the soldier deaths that happened a month, 2 months after his capture.

By speaking about this the soldiers are violating non disclosure agreements.

Seeing the negative reaction from the right and by members here, I have to wonder how this platoon treated him, did they treat him different because he was a Muslim? Did they abuse him to the point of leaving?

I think this is more of the hatred towards Obama and Muslims more than anything.
edit on 5-6-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

I think one big issue is how his father becoming a Muslim influenced him the most while he was exchanging worlds with his father, specially been in the middle east fighting people from the same religion as his father.

Perhaps what make him snap could have been a simple word changing with his father, in which he interpreted as approval.

Nobody seems to be talking about that one.

But then again, deserting a post is still punishable under the military code.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

A few other bits:

And your right illegal combatent has been around awhile.

Still the USA has not complied with the Genva convention:

" Article 5 of the Third Geneva Convention states that the status of a detainee may be determined by a "competent tribunal". Until such time, he must be treated as a prisoner of war."

The USA seems skip over that bit.

An unlawful combatant who is not a national of a neutral State, and who is not a national of a co-belligerent State, retains rights and privileges under the Fourth Geneva Convention so that he must be "treated with humanity and, in case of trial, shall not be deprived of the rights of fair and regular trial".[

Seems that Afghanistan nationals should get trials.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Let no forget that the patriot act a bill exclusively of the US to deal with terrorism issues, changed a lot how certain international laws were interpreted or US took upon itself to interpret as they seem fit.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

I think this is more an issue of PTSD and the effects of war on the human mind. All the stuff about him trying to swap sides and fight the Taliban is complete assumptions. None of the people who actually knew him personally think he was swapping sides.

The interesting part is there is no off base activity. No one goes off base for anything other than a mission. There is no cafes, stores, restaurants etc. There is nothing off base but death, capture or joining.... He was after one of those three...

Due to the common view that if you went off base then in a short order you will be either quickly killed, or captured with torture and most likely with an end of having your head cut off on some video tape it is not something a person would really want to do, unless they were completely delusional in think of joining.

Who knows what his motives were, but I will bet anyone here he is found guilty of desertion. Even his home town has canx a welcome home rally....he will not see the outside of anything short of Leavenworth for a good long while.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

He wasn't left behind. He ran away and into the arms of the Taliban.
BIG DIFFERENCE.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Soldiers no, Deserters sure. We are under no obligation to Deserters.

By speaking about this the soldiers are violating non disclosure agreements.

Why did the Administration have them sign NDA's? I'm pretty sure that's not normal operating procedures. Especially now after the fact, would you have his fellow soldiers NOT speak up about what happened???

For all it's whistleblower support talk, this Administration sure seems not to want people to speak up about things the Government has done.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Then if POW both Bush and Obama plus my own country Pm's need to be tried as war criminals as last time I checked one could not torture a POW.

Define torture...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I guess you have enough info to send him to gitmo and throw away the key?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Seeing the negative reaction from the right and by members here, I have to wonder how this platoon treated him, did they treat him different because he was a Muslim? Did they abuse him to the point of leaving?

I think this is more of the hatred towards Obama and Muslims more than anything.

Was he a Muslim before he deserted?

BTW do you have any idea how many Muslims are on base with me right now, working hand in hand with me? How many are in the military or work with the military...There are so many it would not be an issue in the least if he was, but I'm thinking that his family was part of a Christian church until resent times.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This Right Wing, Left Wing bunk is just that; bunk.

The White House messed up by not doing their homework. I think they meant well enough, but their own incompetence came back and bit them on the butt.

After seeing 6 people from that Platoon tell the same story, I think its safe to say this man deserted his post. As to why; anyone claiming to know is being dishonest and applying their own ideological slant to it. That is something for the military courts to decide.

If men died looking for him after he deserted, it's perfectly fair to say he shares in the blame for their deaths. I doubt it was purposeful, but still his fault.

Trying to spin this to attack the Right or Christians is incredibly and intellectually dishonest, but both sides are making this a political issue which is just as dishonest.

The argument that five of the most notorious mass murderers on the planet should not have been traded is fair. I'd have liked it better had they paid the ransom they were negotiating.

They botched this. It's that simple. The premise of the OP is just more partisan nonsense and name calling. When will people learn that this is all a game and that both Parties are manipulating us by keeping us at each others throats. But then they know how easy voters are to manipulate through hate.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

WHY were they forced to sign nondisclosure agreements in the first place.

You do know what a nondisclosure agreement is...right? It means they are attempting to keep some aspect of the search for Bergdahl a secret....

Des

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

Agreed! Very reasonable assessment, free of partisan agenda and with full understanding that we do not yet have all of the facts.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Let no forget that the patriot act a bill exclusively of the US to deal with terrorism issues, changed a lot how certain international laws were interpreted or US took upon itself to interpret as they seem fit.

No we will not forget that....and we all hope is goes away....

Terrorist is rather new thing, very hard to define a group that is not associated with a country.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join