American Soldiers: Beware, you are only a hero if you are a right wing christian

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+23 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I'm just floored with all the hate talked against the recently rescued AMERICAN SOLDIER. People want him executed, want him tried for treason, so much hate towards his father for having the audacity to say the word "Allah" near our holy temple...The White House.

I didn't think right wingers could get any more hypocritical, but here you have it. The love soldiers, they support the troops....as long as you are a Christian soldier and your dad is a flag waving good Christian as well.

It is just scary how easily people are led by the nose. All it took was Fox News and Right Wing radio to turn rescuing our only prisoner of war in Afganistan into a hate story about Obama for people to turn their vicious hate towards the soldier as well.

Maybe he did desert his post, maybe his dad is a Muslim...but he is still an American soldier and why wouldn't we want to get him back? I can just imagine all the hypocrites that are currently calling for this guys execution losing their minds if Obama instead of rescuing decided to treat him as an enemy combatant. Can you guys at least admit that it doesn't matter what Obama does, you will automatically take the opposing position....damn the logic or hypocrisy?

The bottom line is that he is an AMERICAN SOLDIER...you would think everyone would be happy that we got him back.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

You know the valid points you have and your concerns could have been posted on any of the many threads out there on the issue.

(post by tadaman removed for a manners violation)
+25 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Ya know, I'm all about pointing out the hypocrisy of the hardcore Right.....but in this case they may be correct in their critisizm.

He deserted his post, said he was renouncing his citizenship and was going to fight for the other side.

To me, that sounds like he didn't want to be an American soldier anymore.

So why would Obama trade him for enemy prisoners? It doesn't make sense to me.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

What partisan BS?

He is an American Soldier, everyone should be happy that we got him back. If he committed some military offenses, then he will be tried for those and face the consequences.

The only partisan BS is coming from Fox News zombies who have to oppose anything Obama does.

Also, anyone who is offended by the father praising "Allah" and is a proud American is a complete hypocrite if they think freedom of religion doesn't apply to Muslims. I won't even get into the fact that "Allah" = "God" and that Christians praise and worship "Allah" every single day.

edit on 4-6-2014 by kruphix because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I am glad he is home.

They need to make an example of him.

He walked off his post leaving his fellow Soldiers back exposed.

That seems self evident.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

This soldier made the choice to leave and join the other side. Why should we waste the resources to bring him back if that's what he wanted?

And I could care less what his father said. Praise God or Allah, it doesn't matter to me. People that made a big deal out of that are simply ignorant.

+23 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Everyone seems to forget all the soldiers who died looking for him.what about them?Or doesn't it matter as long as he's safe?

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I believe this started out more about the manner in which he was "gotten back". The administration traded 5 highly dangerous Taliban for him, which, in and of itself is sickening. Laws were bypassed and it started the ball rolling on people figuring out why this happened which led to the facts coming out about him, which led to more hatred towards the deal AND him.

Plain and simple, the US made a mistake trading for terrorists in the first place, the mistake has become that much bigger now that the facts have come out about him being a deserter and wanting to renounce citizenship AND his father being a Taliban sympathizer wanting to release ALL Taliban prisoners.

Bad situation all around, and regardless of getting this guy back or not, the situation was handled so poorly that facts are now coming to light that are blowing this story up and showing what a POS Bowe is, regardless of if he is a soldier or not.

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

So much hate towards his father for having the audacity to say the word "Allah" near our holy temple...

This is miss-representation of the information. People are not up in arms because he invoked the name of "Allah". People are upset because of the nature of his comment - wanting people set free that are known terrorists. Also, his siding with extreme Islamists causes people to be angry at his statements. These are people that want Americans dead - not peace loving religious people.

I didn't think right wingers could get any more hypocritical, but here you have it. The love soldiers, they support the troops.... as long as you are a Christian soldier and your dad is a flag waving good Christian as well.

This is obviously just an emotional observation, which is totally unfounded in reality. There are many, MANY soldiers that have died, and have been hailed as a hero that were Muslim, Buddhist, etc. They don't have to be Christian, or "right-wing".

Your emotions betray you. You are truly on a hunt against Christians and conservatives.

Maybe he did desert his post, maybe his dad is a Muslim...but he is still an American soldier and why wouldn't we want to get him back?

He stopped being an American solder the moment he walked away. Six people died trying to find this turn-coat. Six. He sided with the enemy, and praised their ways - and their viewpoints on America. He is most certainly not an American soldier. True American solders wouldn't hate America....

Can you guys at least admit that it doesn't matter what Obama does, you will automatically take the opposing position....damn the logic or hypocrisy?

Obama traded five known terrorists, who have been set free in their country now, that are responsible for killing many innocent people - Muslim, Christian, and atheist alike....

They were traded for a man who abandoned his post, sides with radical Islamic viewpoints, and was the reason six good soldiers died.

What is truly hypocritical - you calling anyone who disagrees with you a hypocrite, or not looking at the facts yourself?

Although I highly doubt you will retort with anything other than name calling, or factual information.

Honestly, I believe you are a troll - as everything you said is so obviously flawed that it almost appears on purpose.....

link   
It isn't so much about Islam as it is about him being a deserter.

A soldier can desert his post while in the US and not put his fellow soldiers at risk, so him doing so in a theater of combat is much worse.

link   

originally posted by: kruphix

He is an American Soldier, everyone should be happy that we got him back. If he committed some military offenses, then he will be tried for those and face the consequences.

Yes. And he should be tried for Treason and the appropriate punishment should be applied if found guilty.

But I do think you are missing a very large part of the big picture.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I'm just floored with all the hate talked against the recently rescued AMERICAN SOLDIER. People want him executed, want him tried for treason, so much hate towards his father for having the audacity to say the word "Allah" near our holy temple...The White House.

I didn't think right wingers could get any more hypocritical, but here you have it. The love soldiers, they support the troops....as long as you are a Christian soldier and your dad is a flag waving good Christian as well.

It is just scary how easily people are led by the nose. All it took was Fox News and Right Wing radio to turn rescuing our only prisoner of war in Afganistan into a hate story about Obama for people to turn their vicious hate towards the soldier as well.

Maybe he did desert his post, maybe his dad is a Muslim...but he is still an American soldier and why wouldn't we want to get him back? I can just imagine all the hypocrites that are currently calling for this guys execution losing their minds if Obama instead of rescuing decided to treat him as an enemy combatant. Can you guys at least admit that it doesn't matter what Obama does, you will automatically take the opposing position....damn the logic or hypocrisy?

The bottom line is that he is an AMERICAN SOLDIER...you would think everyone would be happy that we got him back.

Nonsense. People dislike him because the deserted his post and six men got KILLED looking for him. People are unhappy because of his actions. There is no hypocrisy here. There is no illogic. A serviceman deserted his post and his comrades died as a direct result of his actions. He deserves to be tried and if found guilty, punished with the maximum punishment allowed by law.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
Ya know, I'm all about pointing out the hypocrisy of the hardcore Right.....but in this case they may be correct in their critisizm.

He deserted his post, said he was renouncing his citizenship and was going to fight for the other side.

To me, that sounds like he didn't want to be an American soldier anymore.

So why would Obama trade him for enemy prisoners? It doesn't make sense to me.

And everything you just said is hearsay and second hand information. Maybe he was disillusioned with his part in this ridiculous war...I know I would probably be too if I had to go over there when we shouldn't even be there. But it is all second hand information...and you seem to be taking it as complete fact.

It doesn't matter to me, he is still an American soldier and deserved to be rescued no matter how bad of a soldier he was.

And he didn't renounce his citizenship, it is claimed that in a note he left he said he wanted to...but you can't just write in a note that you wanted to and bam it's done.

Also, what about PTSD and other mental issue factors? We know that these wars are completely mind screwing our soldiers...but there seems to be no remorse or compassion for it in this case. But for other soldiers, it is used as almost an excuse for some of the things they have done.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

And everything you just said is hearsay and second hand information. Maybe he was disillusioned with his part in this ridiculous war...

He is still a deserter, regardless of his reasoning.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

he is still an American soldier and deserved to be rescued

No he didn't. He would have to have been held hostage in order to be 'rescued'. And since it was him that deserted and went looking for the Taliban .... then he wasn't in need of rescue.

- He deserted his post costing American lives.
- People had to search for him. They died.
- Intercepted communications state that he went looking for the Taliban.

We should have left him there. It wasn't worth trading 5 known mass murdering terrorists to bring back this one A.H.

Put him on trial. And when found guilty, lock him up forever.

Obama won't let his terrorist sympathizer buddy get put in jail though. I"m sure he'll make sure that he gets off for some reason. Obama is fighting against the USA. His actions prove he's not working in our best interests. I haven't pulled the impeach card before (that I can remember), but I"m saying it now. Impeach him. He deserves it.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

You are completely deluded. This is not about Obama or the Republicans.

The bottom line is that he is a DESERTER - not an American Soldier. A true American Soldier does not desert his fellow soldiers. The man is a disgrace, a criminal, and by all means should be tried. Back in the day - he would've been executed yep you can bet your ass on that.

Why on Earth would the people be happy that we traded prisoners for a deserter?? I see absolutely no logic in your post. - Only nonsense about we should be happy for this traitor.

For the record - I lean left - and this act is absolutely depraved no matter which political party you come from.

If you are too ignorant to see why people are angry - then you can go ahead and go praise Obama and this traitor some more. Have fun being wrong.

Also - people are not pissed because a Muslim prayed to Allah. People are pissed because a TALIBAN SYMPATHIZER was praising Allah on the White House Lawn. Big #ing Difference. Maybe you are too slow to wrap your head around why that should be a no no.

I am just glad people like the OP are not serving else we would have a lot more cases such as this. I do not agree with the wars in the Middle East - what do i do about it?

Simple. I choose to not join the Army.

This POS chose to join the Army and chose to get Americans killed.

edit on 4-6-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)
edit on 4-6-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I actually view this story as just the "next" propaganda mind screw.

In fact I feel guilty even acknowledging it and thinking about it. It's extremely irrelevant actually, because what is truly relevant is "Getting the Hell outta that Country!".

But we don't see that sentiment much for some reason. I wonder why?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
No I'm pretty sure if other soldiers who were actually in your unit say that you deserted you unit, it doesn't matter what religion or wing you frequent... people will suspect that not all is kosher. But yeah go ahead and be hyper focused on the one detail. He allegedly deserted his unit, to go to the Taliban, to join them, and with all that, yes, the added detail of his possible Muslim faith is important here. In case you didn't realize it we are over there fighting radicalized muslims! Not right wing Christians, not libertarian Mormons, not Anarchist Scientoligists or any other combination of religion/political leaning. So yeah it is a concern that he may be brainwashed by these assholes, get over it. I agree that we need to get him back, we need to ask him what the hell happened. But I don't agree with trading 5 of their top guys. If anything it should have been a one on one style trade or did an Osama Bin Laden type of raid.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I believe this started out more about the manner in which he was "gotten back". The administration traded 5 highly dangerous Taliban for him, which, in and of itself is sickening. Laws were bypassed and it started the ball rolling on people figuring out why this happened which led to the facts coming out about him, which led to more hatred towards the deal AND him.

Plain and simple, the US made a mistake trading for terrorists in the first place, the mistake has become that much bigger now that the facts have come out about him being a deserter and wanting to renounce citizenship AND his father being a Taliban sympathizer wanting to release ALL Taliban prisoners.

Bad situation all around, and regardless of getting this guy back or not, the situation was handled so poorly that facts are now coming to light that are blowing this story up and showing what a POS Bowe is, regardless of if he is a soldier or not.

Supposed terrorists. There was no trial.
Plus laws were bypassed to indeffinatly detain them and deny them contact with a lawyer plus torture them.

Were they dangerous? Liklely
Should they have been locked up? Most likely

But they should have stood trial first, otherwise they were illegaly detained

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum