It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHOCKER: Obama Preparing to Attack Veterans

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockflier
a reply to: mindseye1609

Even more distressing to me is what the Feds consider to be a possible terrorist

As a combat veteran, it appears that they consider me to be a possible terror suspect. wow.

if you are willing to voluntarily sing up, put your life in peril, and actually try and KILL and enemy then sure.

That is exactly the type of person that would choose to fight against an enemy, perhaps killing them if needed. Enemy this time being the corrupt globalist bankster's govt stooges and their brown shirt 'revenue generators'.

Veterans are people that live by the sacred document and are willing to KILL those against us. the corrupt globalists and their govt stooges are clearly against the average person.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: HanzHenry

I usually stay away from 1 liners but...Amen!
2nd

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Just a reminder when looking at a government directive if it is an original document it will end with a .1 when updated it will become .12 then .13 etc. So Presidential directive No. 3025.18, “Defense Support of Civil Authorities,” is the 17th update to a document from 1995. It was not created by Obama, nor was it updated by Obama, nor is it signed by Obama. It is a military directive and signed by the secdef. If you want to know what changed have been made all 18 versions can found online. You will not find anything exciting but, feel free to knock yourselves out. Now you may go back to your crazy talk.

I fail to see how it is crazy to see a directive essentially end something as important as posse comitatus. Do you trust the current government enough to trust them with that power...I sure don't.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

originally posted by: MrSpad
Just a reminder when looking at a government directive if it is an original document it will end with a .1 when updated it will become .12 then .13 etc. So Presidential directive No. 3025.18, “Defense Support of Civil Authorities,” is the 17th update to a document from 1995. It was not created by Obama, nor was it updated by Obama, nor is it signed by Obama. It is a military directive and signed by the secdef. If you want to know what changed have been made all 18 versions can found online. You will not find anything exciting but, feel free to knock yourselves out. Now you may go back to your crazy talk.

I fail to see how it is crazy to see a directive essentially end something as important as posse comitatus. Do you trust the current government enough to trust them with that power...I sure don't.

Because the document does not do that and it is the 18th version of a several documents that said the same thing that were combined in 1995. So this threat you see has existed for neary 100 years if you trace document after document. It does not just allow the military to do whatever it wants and in fact it is very detailed in how and what it can do to assist local and state officials in a national emergancy where communication with Washington or any higher authority if American lives are under direct threat. The military has taken these sorts of actions since are founding, now they just have much more strict rules on when and how they can do so. You fear the government so much that a document that limits the power that goverment becomes the opposite in your eyes. So yes, crazy.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

On the contrary I'd say maybe it didn't start out letting them go willy nilly but revision after revision seems to have eroded that to the point we find ourselves at with .18. I just can't see how the language in the document does not prevent military commanders from using that ability under a manufactured scenario in which they can't get presidential approval. Not that I would think they'd need to…I think Obama would be right on board if not the one who brings up using it first. I guess to each their own and if it doesn't bother you I envy you. For me I am bothered greatly.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: rockflier
Thank you for serving sir!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: nighthawk1954
a reply to: rockflier
Thank you for serving sir!

Thank you Hawk. It was an honor for me to be allowed to for my 20 years (plus one day). It changed my life, made me a better person, and quite frankly kept me out of jail at 18.
edit on 641414 by rockflier because: s

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockflier
a reply to: Krazysh0t

As a veteran, I really only believe what I read in official documents OR reliable news sources of which there are very few.
Here is an article I had some interest in, even thought it comes from the WT. It appears to reaffirm that veterans are, indeed, considered unreliable to the nation.

Napolitano Statement

I remember Janet Napolitano's statement quite well.

She wanted to deal with symptoms rather than causes. If vets are hating on the government, perhaps government needs to stop doing the things that are pissin' 'em off. Instead, the government is just fine creating an 'enemies list' and adding names to it willy-nilly.

You can't blame this exclusively on the Obama administration, because both of the major political bodies are guilty of this underhanded tactic. Eventually, everybody's name winds up on somebody's list.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Snarl, I blame no single party nor person. I blame our entire upper echelon of government, regardless if they are blue or red. The migration of our entire system towards the left has been occurring since I was young, in the 60's. Well, not THAT young. If one examines the policies and philosophies of then and now, one will find that what was left wing then is really almost right wing now. I can blame my generation for the start of this.

Not to derail this thread, I find that the attitude of the top of the heap consider all of us, the veterans, to be expendable. Once we serve our purpose we can be discarded and forgotten. Thankfully the citizenry does not have this attitude. I sincerely appreciate those who stand up for us. I remember returning from Viet Nam and encountering a less than friendly atmosphere. When returning there I found even more hostile environments.
edit on 641414 by rockflier because: spelling

edit on 641414 by rockflier because: spelling again

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join