It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Online Professional Audio Mastering.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I thought I'd share this with you guys who may be interested. Professional Audio Mastering for free with the basic membership!

LANDR revolutionizes the mastering process with drag-and-drop simplicity, achieving results that rival professional studio work in minutes. This opens up a world of possibilities for producers: LANDR your demos before sharing them, drop in full length DJ mixes or live recordings, make a track on the road and have it mastered in time for your gig the same night. LANDR lets you integrate mastering seamlessly into your creative process.

LANDR

With the free membership you get Unlimited 192kbps MP3 A/B comparison MP3s.
I created a Hobbyist membership for now. Going to give it a try and see how good it is.

Hobbyist: Free
Unlimited 192kbps MP3
A/B comparison
MP3s are always free

Amateur: $9/month
4 uncompressed masters
Unlimited 192kbps MP3
Control of mastering settings

Pro: $19/month
UNLIMITED* uncompressed masters
Unlimited 192kbps MP3
Control of mastering settings
*for personal use only

edit on 4/6/14 by Ezappa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Ezappa
There's just one problem as far as I can see, it limits the MP3 bitrate to 192kbps. This is NOT pro-quality. 320kbps would have been a better choice, or better still, FLAC instead of MP3.

Just my 2 cents but I'm sure some members may find it useful.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Problem is for a master of a recording a 192kbps MP3 is garbage. You've lost soooooo much data at that point as soon as you play it through a proper monitoring system or PA it's gonna be totally obvious that the quality is low. Basically you will drastically notice it. There is a reason mastering is usually expensive…it takes a lot of skill to be good at it plus a ton of very expensive software. I am in my last classes of my Recording Engineering Associates here at Fullsail (just to give an idea of my credentials).

Industry standard is Lossless files…these are .wav .aiff type files. Lossless files are an identical copy of all the digital bits contained in the original signal.

Also will throw this out there. I enjoy mixing music and would like to offer free mixing to anyone here (for my own practice). I will return you a mix in a lossless format that is ready for mastering i.e.. proper dynamics both peak and RMS and balanced stereo image. I use Protools 10 as my DAW and can also return session files should you want them.
edit on 4-6-2014 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I know what you mean 192kbps is shabby for Studio Monitors or PA gear, but thats why its free.
Uncompressed is the way to go if your serious and in need.

The free 192k is good for web stuff and keeping tracks small for your mp3 player.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
There's just one problem as far as I can see, it limits the MP3 bitrate to 192kbps. This is NOT pro-quality. 320kbps would have been a better choice, or better still, FLAC instead of MP3.

Just my 2 cents but I'm sure some members may find it useful.

Wave 192000
Thats the only thing you send to a master pro.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
so what do we got here.
Maybe a compressor--->limiter---->eq with a boost to open up the air and boost some 250-300---->limiter.

I would never ever use this.

Watch Pensado's place here on youtube
That's some real engineers with some real skill.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD
We should keep in touch, I make hip-hop beats. Anything from trippy to genre mash-ups (metal, rock, r&b, trance) to actual hip-hop to trap.
I really only make beats and rap, I'm just now getting deeper into mixing but I can't even stereo shape yet so mastering is too far ahead of me. I want someone with a lot more skill to take a project of mine and allow me to see the level I'm at versus a more professional level. It'll boost my learning speed.
edit on 0146k3 by Lynk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I tried mastering two of my songs with it. One was a rap i made on a youtube beat i downloaded with an HD converter. Another was a beat I made on Fl Studio, rendered to 16-bit float 512 point sinc and mixed pretty well. It seemed to add noise to both, although I could see why on the first, but not why on my beat. It added like a wind effect to my dreamy strings, but it would only happen when the strings were solo at the beginning and at the end. Any other instrument coming in would stop it. (I have a good ear for near subliminal sounds)

**edit** Might be on my end and I'm missing something, but I'm noobie at this. My dream turned out to be more work than the lifestyle I hated, but I'm willing to learn and work towards it.
edit on 0146k3 by Lynk3 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join