It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

800 babies 'buried in septic tank mass grave' at former Irish children's home.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It would be interesting to read diaries of the nuns and orphans to get more perspective.

However, (in the states at least) there is no statute of limitations on murder, regardless of the degree, so these deaths should be investigated to the point of prosecuting someone, even if those responsible are proven guilty after their own deaths. Even if no restitution is possible at least bring the facts to light and do some justice to the unknown children buried there.

ETA: After posting I thought that the least that the children's home could do is try to provide a list of children buried there and give them a proper burial. A septic tank is hardly a respectful tomb or crypt, put them in a marked grave, all 800 of them.

edit on 4-6-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: added last comments

edit on 4-6-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I guaranty the nuns who headed the house had a proper Catholic burial. You certainly wouldn't find a nuns body in the septic tank.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Theres always gotta be some religious nut apologist doesn't there?

Knock it off. Obviously you haven't seen the posts I've made in the religion forum or you wouldn't say such ignorant things.

The REASON I say that back then there were lots of deaths in institutions is because ... there were. It doesn't make it any less horrific. It's just that there wasn't anyplace else that was any better. THAT is what I said. Not some 'religious nut apologetics'. Get freak'n real. All the institutions back then ... religious or state run ... were awful. Diseases and lack of adequate care and workers being uneducated and places being underfunded .... etc etc.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This sounds EXACTLY like the genocide in Canada discussed here:

Canada, Vatican & Crown GUILTY of Genocide

Definitely has to be a connection here between the two.

Too many similarities.

Very interesting how that word CROWN keeps popping up in various discussions...

I’m Irene Favel. I’m seventy five. I went to residential school in Muscowequan from 1944 to 1949, and I had a rough life. I was mistreated in every way. There was a young girl, and she was pregnant from a priest there. And what they did, she had her baby, and they took the baby, and wrapped it up in a nice pink outfit, and they took it downstairs where I was cooking dinner with the nun.

And they took the baby into the furnace room, and they threw that little baby in there and burned it alive. All you could hear was this little cry, like “Uuh!”, and that was it. You could smell that flesh cooking. CBC Town Hall Forum, Regina, July 3, 2008

Hidden No Longer: Genocide in Canada, Past and Present (PDF)

...most of our institutions are infiltrated and run by racists, satanists, perverts and criminals, often masquerading as devout and God-fearing Christians.

Did the Illuminati Exterminate Canadian Indian Children?

“The media black-out of the sexual abuse of women by clerics in both ritual and non-ritual cases is a great disgrace. The plight of male children who suffer under abusive priests is, of course, horrifying and should receive wide media coverage. However, the sexual abuse of nuns and women by clerics is a far larger problem.” – William H. Kennedy (“Lucifer’s Lodge: Satanic Ritual Abuse in the Catholic Church”; 2004; Page 180)

For Further Research on this topic: Please do a “google-style” search on the Internet for the book, “Lucifer’s Lodge: Satanic Ritual Abuse in the Catholic Church”, and for the name “Sister Charlotte”. Sexual Abuse in the Roman Catholic Church

After all the nuns had been broken to the will of the priests, they would become very angry if we resisted anything they wanted to do. Often we were slapped in the mouth by an irritated drunken priest. I had my own front teeth knocked loose from being punched in the face. Often we were thrown on the floor and kicked in the stomach. Being pregnant was no protection, for the priest knew that baby was going to be murdered anyway when it was born. Many babies are born in the convents because of the evil corruption of this foul system, cloaked in religious garments. I saw scores of babies born in the convents. With my eyes I have seen the horror of it all and the world must be told of what goes on in those chambers of horrors. After being snared in this rotten system for twenty-two years, I know whereof I speak.

Normal young expectant mothers eagerly anticipate the arrival of their precious baby. Everything is ready, nursery, crib, clothing, and everyone is happy with her. By contrast, a little nun in the convent dreads the moment when she gives birth. The child is the product of a shameful, illicit union with a drunken priest which was forced on her. She knows from bitter experience that the baby will only be permitted to live four or five hours at the very most. It will never be cleaned or wrapped in a warm blanket for Mother Superior will put her hand over its mouth and pinch its nostrils to snuff out its life.

This is why there are lime pits in all the convents. Babies' bodies are tossed in these holes to be destroyed. Pray for the government to force the convents to open their doors to release the prisoners and let the whole world see what horrors are hidden behind those doors of cruel religious hypocrisy. A Nun's Testimony

In the ninth century, many monasteries were the haunts of homosexuals; many convents were brothels in which babies were killed and buried… Promiscuity was rife in monasteries and convents. “According to the 1996 survey of nuns in the United States (which was intentionally never published by the [Ed.: Roman Catholic] Church but was leaked by some Vatican insider), it is reported that a minimum of 34,000 Catholic nuns (about 40% of all American nuns) claim to have been sexually abused. Three of every four of these nuns claimed they were sexually victimized by a priest, nun, or other religious person. The media black-out of the sexual abuse of women by clerics in both ritual and non-ritual cases is a great disgrace. Sexual Abuse in the Roman Catholic Church

UNREPENTANT - CANADA'S GENOCIDE
WINNER: BEST INTERNATIONAL DOCUMENTARY - 2006 LOS ANGELES INDEPENDENT FILM FESTIVAL. **WINNER: BEST DIRECTOR for an INTERNATIONAL DOCUMENTARY - 2006 NEW YORK INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL.

edit on 4-6-2014 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleDog UK

originally posted by: Aleister
Was this yet another habit of the Catholic Church in Ireland???

I find it amazing that in our 'modern times' TPTB get their knickers in a twist over fanatical Islamic Terrorists when in actual fact there were obviously ''Fanatical'' members of the Church in Ireland who were even more Biggotted in their views…….

IMHO….Religion…… a man made belief system which causes more harm than good….

Regards

PDUK
The thing is though, people were outraged when they found out about them, and they were shut down and no longer exist thank god, and people are equally outraged at Islamic ways and want to see them also stopped.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
It would be interesting to read diaries of the nuns and orphans to get more perspective.

However, (in the states at least) there is no statute of limitations on murder, regardless of the degree, so these deaths should be investigated to the point of prosecuting someone, even if those responsible are proven guilty after their own deaths. Even if no restitution is possible at least bring the facts to light and do some justice to the unknown children buried there.

ETA: After posting I thought that the least that the children's home could do is try to provide a list of children buried there and give them a proper burial. A septic tank is hardly a respectful tomb or crypt, put them in a marked grave, all 800 of them.

There is a good film about Irish workhouses called The Magdalene Sisters.

Also lots of good books on the subject look up 'Irish Work Houses'

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This is true the chaotic church in Ireland was almost as savage and unforgiving as the Taliban, I have had family who were victims of church run institutions reply to: ignorant_ape

edit on 4-6-2014 by angrymob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DEV1L79

Firstly I am not anty catholic and they form the largest christian denomination on the planet but there are good and bad in many family's (sadly) and there are good nun's as well whom put there lives on the line going to war torn and backwater countrys, setting up schools and trying to educated according to there faith but that is not what appears to have happened here and sadly it is not isolated as we all know with the peodophile scandal's, the monk's in australian abusing boy's whom were in many cases illegally sent to them from england and ireland without there parent's consent or knowlege.
This is a terrible story and a horrific one, the BBC report I saw today say's Babys and Children,.
The cruel (AND ANTI CHRISTIAN) attitude of the Irish in that period was that a woman whom became pregnant out of wedlock was a fallen woman or a harlot and they could be very vicious to them indeed.
All I can say is Nation aside these Nuns were most certainly not christian and not even catholic but a coven of witches, If heaven is made up of children and christ forbade his apostles to prevent the children coming unto him then were are this so called Nuns (a disgrace to many good woman and especially MOTHERS) going because they are not going to heaven and indeed like the servant given a coin by his master only to squander or bury it they can expect a very unpleasant reception before his throne.

edit on 4-6-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The problem with the RCC is that it is the biggest Christian monster....but not the only one....

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The catholic church is the most disease ridden, rotten, putrid and hypocritical group ever to be forced on mankind throughout history.
From killing babies at birth to sexually abusing children these bastards walk the earth preaching and condeming to hell those who oppose them, meanwhile priests rape choirboys and then the catholic church cover it up to save face, which is the same as condoning it. If there was a god surely these bastards would be first on his hit list for doing what they do while at the same time preach his words..the world would be a better place without the vatican and the thousands of perverts and child murderers it has employed.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Bishops are being confronted....

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Regarding "800 Childrens' Bodies in Septic Tank" reporting seems to be have been wrong as typically is in early reports.
A Washingto Post reporter's blog explains (fairly btw) to mix-up of the two witnesses info here:
Washington Post Blog

BUT...and a very big BUT...an truely independent investigation is going to be insisted upon by the Irish people supported by ITCCS.org and Kevin Annett as explained in this recent video.

This explains why the members who have the most stars in this thread are clued in the subject.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
This wont' make the front page at ATS ... but it seems that the Associated Press got a few things wrong in the story ... And there is a question as to if it was a 'septic tank' or if it was a a cylindrical brick burial chamber, common in Ireland at the time.

AP Apologies for it's Coverage of the Irish Orphanage Story

DUBLIN (AP) — In stories published June 3 and June 8 about young children buried in unmarked graves after dying at a former Irish orphanage for the children of unwed mothers, The Associated Press incorrectly reported that the children had not received Roman Catholic baptisms; documents show that many children at the orphanage were baptized. The AP also incorrectly reported that Catholic teaching at the time was to deny baptism and Christian burial to the children of unwed mothers; although that may have occurred in practice at times it was not church teaching. In addition, in the June 3 story, the AP quoted a researcher who said she believed that most of the remains of children who died there were interred in a disused septic tank; the researcher has since clarified that without excavation and forensic analysis it is impossible to know how many sets of remains the tank contains, if any. The June 3 story also contained an incorrect reference to the year that the orphanage opened; it was 1925, not 1926.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Honestly, although it may matter to some Catholics, it makes no difference whether or not these children were baptized, or, whether or not their bodies were placed in a septic tank or a cylindrical brick burial chamber. The practices of these institutions, world wide, proves time after time that these nuns and priests, who were charged with the care of the bodies and souls of these children, failed miserably. In fact, evidence shows that there was a culture of neglect, callous disregard and abuse among these caretakers.

edit on 21-6-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
One of the first things I thought of when this story broke was un-baptized children and the justification for cruelty based on that rule. I went to a Catholic school for a short time when I was a child and it was terrifying. I don't recall learning a thing because I was always so afraid of those nuns.

Although I detest a religion that bypasses compassion and love for rules men has written above Gods, I attempt to sympathize, as these women were taught these ways from a young age and didn't know any better. They likely grew up in a fear based belief system as well so lived in that state rather than one of unconditional love. It's sad for all involved.

Its worth mentioning that atrocities in these sorts of institutions still happened as of 30 years ago, and probably continue to this day. A friend of mine can attest to this as children in a Catholic orphanage she was in (in the Philippines) were brutalized and adopted out to known pedophiles or whoever would take them away. I'm not aware of deaths of the body but definitely given up for death in the spirit. They were treated as evil (hit, starved, ignored), and deemed not worthy of the same protections due to no baptism. There were too many children for the nuns to watch, and she described the same basic conditions. She was adopted out and never learned what became of her brother.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join