It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do You Clean Your E Cig Atomizer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Just curious as to how some of you clean your Atomizer and other parts of your E Cig.

I just started my E Cig journey so any tips or tricks would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Mine has a replaceable coil, but I clean the battery (where it contacts the coil) with Q-tips.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Clean the coils with white vinegar. Soak for a few minutes to get the gunk out.

Then rinse with vodka.

Then rinse real good with warm water or you will get a bad taste.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Everybody does it differently. I run my coils under hot water for a few minutes then I dry them with a dry paper towel. After that, I leave them out to air dry. When they are dry I do a dry burn of them (put the coil head in the bottom/top of the clearomizer/tank you are using without the rest of the tank/clearomizer connected, then attach that part to the battery... don't hold down too long or you will burn the wick) by holding down the button on the battery for a count of 3 then stop. Wait a minute and do it again. When no smell comes from the coil all of the gunk is burned off and you can use it again. I have managed to get many months worth of use from doing this with every fill up of ejuice.

Depending on the juice I can sometimes do 3 tanks before I change the atomizer out for another one. I usually keep at least 2 in rotation so I will have one, while one is drying.

I wish you all the luck in the world with giving up cigarettes. I just past my one year anniversary last month. It's a life changer for sure!
edit on 6/3/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Clean tubes with vodka, but atomizers burn out before they need to be cleaned. Depending on the type you are using sometimes the wicks can use a quick vodka clean, but they usually burn out before needing to be cleaned. I usually change my coils/wicks once a week. Sometimes once every two weeks and clean with vodka in between. Everytime I change the coils/wicks I clean the tubes with vodka, let it sit out and dry.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I rarely clean mine, but when I do I use PGA (pure grain alcohol) once a month=rarely.....
If you use water, you must allow to throughly dry, or the water will pop your coil=rendering useless.....

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Every time I refill use a pipe cleaner to clear tube before coil goes back on. Coils are cheap last about 3 weeks before they start tasting burnt then toss it.. Using a 900MAH evod and a 1.8 Atm. Have 600mah for out and about and fits in shirt pocket like a pen. Either one last all day .. Went this way cause the whole point was to save money and quit . Saving money and quit smoking now just one more to go.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

That's almost exactly what I do too !!

But I use the vinegar once a week to get the carbon out.

I just didn't want to confuse anybody

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I might need to use vinegar myself. Sometimes I can't get all of the taste out when they are used it bit longer. Does the vinegar help with that?

After I rinse mine about 5-6 times it is harder to get a cleaner taste. If vinegar does it, I'm headed to the store for sure.

Let me know. I like to save more money where I can. If it does work, do you use regular white vinegar?

I also understand about the confusion part, there are so many different ways to do it, it can be overwhelming for a newbie. Too may products and too many ways to use them confuse a lot of folks. It's good to have options, but it does make the learning curve a lot steeper.

ETA - In my first post I meant passed instead of past. I exceeded my time limit to edit.

edit on 6/4/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

White vinegar is better (more acid).

I put the heads in a small container with a lid and shake and let it soak for 1/2 hour and shake again, then rinse with vodka, then water.

The black chips are the carbon.

But the life of the heads depends greatly on the type of juice and the flavor additives.

I find VG is better but fruit and exotic flavors tend to clog the elements more.

I also find the lower resistance heads stay cleaner (like 1.8 ohms etc) probably because they burn a little hotter.

And I bet you use "Kanger" brand ? (pun intended)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm definitely going to get some vinegar then. Thanks.

I do have some Kanger products.
Lucky guess.

I just purchased the new mini protank to see what the raves were all about. I usually use a mini Davide. I do have some kanger Evod batteries as well. They tend to work a little better than some of the others in my experience. I haven't really moved on to any mods yet. The closest I've come is an Innokin itaste. I'm a little nervous about forking over the kind of money a nice mod would entail.

Maybe I will move up one day.

edit on 6/4/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck
Keep it in the original box and use real cigarettes!
Mine is almost like new.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Bog roll works for me

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpenEars123
Bog roll works for me

This is what I use. I clean the battery connection plate before every charge. I also clean the connector point on the atomizer daily. My atomizer lasts between 6-8 weeks.

One thing that has not been mentioned is priming the wick. When using a new atomizer always wait 15 minutes before using to allow priming the wick. if you do not do this it reduces the lifetime of the wick significantly and also gives the e-liquid a burnt taste.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Microfiber and Q-Tips; Alcohol every few months.

Best practice is to burn your fluid all the way to the bottom of your tank, dump any residual, and refill - this is generally when I'll wipe everything down top to bottom...

Only reason I bring this practice up is because if you fail to adhere - and you just keep filling your tank at the halfway mark, after a few weeks you'll probably have a super viscous, heavy fluid in your tank made up of more carcinogens than e-fluid.

I like to let my clearomizer burn a little bit Before I refill my tank - just to vaporize any lingering fluid. Blow through your tank too - I'll occasionally get some pocket lint out the other side @_@ [Edit]This is poor practice and will shorten the life of your coil[/Edit]

If you let e-fluid ( or pocket lint ) build up in the 'output shaft', the vaporized liquid will bond more easily to whatever has built up, and prevent airflow, creating More of a blockage - and before you know it you won't be able to get anything out of it. Thus my general plan of drying everything every time I add fluid.
edit on 4-6-2014 by DigitalJedi805 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: earthblaze

originally posted by: OpenEars123
Bog roll works for me

This is what I use. I clean the battery connection plate before every charge. I also clean the connector point on the atomizer daily. My atomizer lasts between 6-8 weeks.

One thing that has not been mentioned is priming the wick. When using a new atomizer always wait 15 minutes before using to allow priming the wick. if you do not do this it reduces the lifetime of the wick significantly and also gives the e-liquid a burnt taste.

Didn't know that about the wick, that's great advice thanks!

new topics

top topics

join