It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polygyny and homophobia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Homophobia (or discrimination against homosexual)is a way eliminate those population who can't reproduction.For those elites who love war ,it's very useful to eliminate useless people(who can't reproduction more population for war).They usually claim homosexual is religious sin to control and brainwashing.But the numbers of soldiers isn't such important nowadays ,therefore homophobia isn't such serious in those country with higher technology for war.Religions can just change and change their moral standard to fit in.
Polygyny is clearly for reproduction more population in war also ,those place with less military technology obviously prefer polygyny ,and then they use the propaganda machine of religion to justify polygyny .

LOL~such "holy"~
edit on 3-6-2014 by candlestick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I can't understand how any married man would want another wife.

One is quite enough for most of us...its a lot of work! Besides, my wife never gets along with my girlfriends.

edit on 2014/6/3 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: candlestick

I don't know where people get idea that somehow homosexuals don't or cannot have children. As a reproductive strategy it can be quite advantageous(especially for women).

Just an example. My two friends are kind of homely looking lesbians but have a very fit/healthy and good looking man as their donor father(gay friend of theirs). Not saying if they were straight women they wouldn't have snagged a guy that looks like this dude, but seems unlikely. They have a really cute baby and lots of support.

Either way there's no data that backs up that those who participate in same sex sexual relationships somehow don't have children. There is a significant number of gays and lesbians raising children. Although not as high as some straight identifying populations it's still significant. And in all honesty cutting back on breeding like bunnies isn't a bad thing. There are over 7 billion people on earth after all.
edit on 3-6-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The problem with polygamy is that it's very hard to envision a legal system including such marriages that could meet the equal protection clause of the constitution.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

It could be set up like an LLC where there is a head of household designated. Then the partners could enter and leave the partnership(polygamous divorce). There would be a designation on who had legal poa etc. You could make the assets shared by percentage and have rules that pertain to those percentages.

So yeah, LLC type marriage contract would be possible in my opinion.

Doubt it would happen however.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology
a reply to: Moresby

It could be set up like an LLC where there is a head of household designated. Then the partners could enter and leave the partnership(polygamous divorce). There would be a designation on who had legal poa etc. You could make the assets shared by percentage and have rules that pertain to those percentages.

So yeah, LLC type marriage contract would be possible in my opinion.

Doubt it would happen however.

We allow hierarchies in business structures. But it's hard to imagine a designated "Head of Household" would meet equal protection standards. But, as you say, it's never going to get that far.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I don't know where people get idea that somehow homosexuals don't or cannot have children. As a reproductive strategy it can be quite advantageous(especially for women).

Just an example. My two friends are kind of homely looking lesbians but have a very fit/healthy and good looking man as their donor father(gay friend of theirs). Not saying if they were straight women they wouldn't have snagged a guy that looks like this dude, but seems unlikely. They have a really cute baby and lots of support.

Either way there's no data that backs up that those who participate in same sex sexual relationships somehow don't have children. There is a significant number of gays and lesbians raising children. Although not as high as some straight identifying populations it's still significant. And in all honesty cutting back on breeding like bunnies isn't a bad thing. There are over 7 billion people on earth after all.

Okay ~harder to reproduction in most time of history.Biotechnology is a very new thing in evolutionary history.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Sticking sperm in a v isn't rocket science. It's not a complicated process that requires advanced biotechnology. I'm sure if a gay and lesbian wanted to have a kid without the horizontal hokey pokey they could figure it out. No advanced space tech required.

A turkey baster, some classical music, and a glass of wine maybe.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Sticking sperm in a v isn't rocket science. It's not a complicated process that requires advanced biotechnology. I'm sure if a gay and lesbian wanted to have a kid without the horizontal hokey pokey they could figure it out. No advanced space tech required.

I heard many homosexual people said ,they can't have heterosexual sex,it's horrible.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Right.

Read my comment about turkey basters, wine, and classical music.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I can't understand how any married man would want another wife.

One is quite enough for most of us...its a lot of work! Besides, my wife never gets along with my girlfriends.

LOL made me laugh ;-) Mine doesn't get along either. She told me once if I ever got into a situation where I had multiple wives that she would be the head wife. I told her I was good with that, as long as she practiced lots and got really good at it.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I'm not sure where this line of thinking comes from.

The greeks and Romans made good use of gay soldiers. Given that gay men don't reproduce, they make the perfect disposable fighting force- no messy situations of widows and children to worry about supporting.

As for polygamy, who'd be mad enough to get hen pecked by a gaggle of women. It's good for genetic diversity but not good for the poor man with all those girls to keep happy lol.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
When you attach phobia to the word homo you are doing an injustice to understanding those against it and thereby prolonging the problems. To say that everyone that is against homo are just scared is just shortsided.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Okay ~harder to reproduction in most time of history. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please explain, Does a Gay male stop being a male with male reproductive organs or same for a female?

I heard many homosexual people said ,they can't have heterosexual sex,it's horrible. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe you heard or interpreted what they said wrong.

They are attracted to the same sex, so sex with the opposite sex wouldn't be as enjoyable as having sex with their preferred attractions being same sex. Its a choice they make, (who to have sex with) if the wanted to conceive I am sure they would know what to do like any other human

I have heard many people say horse feces tastes horrible, they still have a mouth to eat and can eat the sh*t but choose not to because it doesn't suit their taste.
edit on 4-6-2014 by InhaleExhale because: had to add a bit after its a choice comment to make what I am saying about choice clearer

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Your theory has a missing data point.

Sparta predominantly gay with females to breed after (memory slipping) x years in service . They were expected to have some male children. Children taken away at 7 ?(memory slipping) to learn the warriors life . Many times lovers were fighting side by side.

I can understand why facts like these were left out of the movie 300 . gay warriors is not main stream.

I always wondered about why they couldn't join US military . Spartans mostly gay Greeks and Romans both had gay warriors and all did pretty good. Damn political games.

Sparta was at its day among the best warriors .

edit on 4-6-2014 by Lostinthedarkness because: bad grammar

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lostinthedarkness

Your theory has a missing data point.

Sparta predominantly gay with females to breed after ...sniped

I've heard that same story, but it has only recently been spread around the internet, but all of the opinions seem to be contemporary. I would love to read some historical accounts (not joking, have any links?) from archaeologists/anthropologists equating Sparta to a 3am truck-stop bathroom orgy.

I just can't seem to wrap my mind around the idea of Leonidas playing a game of 'Who's in my Mouth'

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Is that why everyone seems to oppose my dream of having several husbands?

Because I'd be keeping fertile potential procreators all to myself?

Heck, I'd be willing to share once in a while, for a bit of quick reproducing. Promise.

Can I have my male harem now???

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

LOL! Hows about just letting go a bit, getting off the kick and going old school.....for just one night.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: candlestick

I heard many homosexual people said ,they can't have heterosexual sex,it's horrible.

That's just the hetrophobia talking.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

These links give a general idea of life in ancient Greece

SPARTA.This article represents an historical essay which was originally published in the medical journal, Medical Aspects of Human Sexuality, Volume IV, August 1970, pp.28-32.

sexandhistory.blogspot.com...

infancy when he was inspected by the Gerousia. If the baby was found to be weak, he was left at Mount Taygetus to die. Those deemed strong were then put in the agoge at the age of seven. Under the agoge the young boys or Spartiates were kept under intense and rigorous military training but they had to put up with

en.wikipedia.org...

the Spartan tradition of military heroism has also been explained in light of strong emotional bonds resulting from homosexual relationships.[2] Various ancient Greek sources record incidents of courage in battle and interpret them as motivated by homoerotic bonds.

en.wikipedia.org...-2

Upon reaching adulthood or age 30, the hoplite was entitled to an equal share in Spartan agricultural land, land which was actually farmed by helots. Now, too, as an equal, the adult warrior could live at home with his bride although he continued to eat in a shared, military mess hall. At age 60 his term of military service ended. Oddly, however, despite the ultra-masculinity of Spartan values, it is believed that homosexuality was somewhat widespread.

www.essortment.com...

The Sacred Band of Thebes (Ancient Greek: Ἱερὸς Λόχος, Hieròs Lókhos) was a troop of picked soldiers, consisting of 150 pairs of male lovers which formed the elite force of the Theban army in the 4th century BC. It is said to have been organised by the Theban commander Gorgidas in 378 BC and to have played a crucial role in the Battle of Leuctra. It was annihilated by Philip II of Macedon in the Battle of Chaeronea in 338 BC.

According to Plutarch, the 300 hand-picked men were chosen by Gorgidas purely for ability and merit, regardless of social class.[17] It was composed of 150 arguably pederastic male couples,[15] each pair consisting of an older erastês (ἐραστής, "lover") and a younger erômenos (ἐρώμενος, "beloved").[18] Athenaeus of Naucratis also records the Sacred Band as being composed of "lovers and their favorites, thus indicating the dignity of the god Eros in that they embrace a glorious death in preference to a dishonorable and reprehensible life";[9] while Polyaenus describes the Sacred Band as being composed of men "devoted to each other by mutual obligations of love

Notice the number 300 this is a clue .

en.wikipedia.org...

Sparta is considered part of the Greek ethnic group it is fair to consider practices between city states were shared along ethnic lines.

Non of these links refer back to books I read and learned from but the info is still there .

College was several decades back dont know where books went but If you read and search ancient history it is fascinating hated it in high school but learned to love in in college till today.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join