It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt, Aztec, Atlantis and Mars Pyramids...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well, I thought this a open minded discussion,sorry. I am not trying to speak like it is fact.

I got to thinking thinking, some people have GPS in their new LExus,but some of us drinving a 9 year old Acura still use maps we buy at a 7-11 for trips. So lets say there is a ship that is equipped for interplanetary travel, meaning it can get out of the atmosphere, and then reneter...but not the latest gear for tracking and locating where they are going on earth, a new frontier. So you make landmarks at first. Just bieng creative, like the people who wrote the bible or Dean Koontz, ya know?

Maybe biengs blasted off from other very close (Mars and Venus)planets, and then as they entered our orbit, they aimed for these major 'pyramids' which were landing areas of the early settlements.
I know the make up the planets, but who says that a catastrophe did not occur on venus, or on mars? Hasn't every probe that has gone there been destroyed who knows what could be on hte surface we canot see in the topo fly bys that we have now. I think we are just learning about what is on the red planet and the next 20 years should be very exciting. Wouldn't a major archeological find been amazing?

P.S Byrd, did I strike a chord somewhere or something? Not sure why your tore me a new one for creative thought and writing.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by esdad71]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Neat idea, but...

The pictures you posted are from the 1976 Viking mission to mars. I have done some extensive research on this subject and would be happy to post more if requested. In brief, the most striking part about the pictures was what appeared to be a humanoid face. Nearby was what also appeared to be several 4 sided pyramids. This region, Cydonia, created a huge buzz and I even watched a presentation given on solving the geometrical arrangement of the face and pyramids etc. Basically the guy had mapped out how all the angles between the line drawn between certain apparently man(or otherwise)-made structures represented mathematically important angles and numbers. I did research on this and presented it to my math class years ago as a mathematical proof that life existed on mars.

In 1998-2001, the mars global surveyor went to take new pictures of this area. With greatly enhanced resolution, the "face" and "pyramids" are nothing interesting to look at. Just a trick of poor resolution and shadow.

This is the face, before and after.

Before and after pictures of Cydonia. Note the complete lack of anything really interesting.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by contraa]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71 I got to thinking thinking, some people have GPS in their new LExus,but some of us drinving a 9 year old Acura still use maps we buy at a 7-11 for trips. So lets say there is a ship that is equipped for interplanetary travel, meaning it can get out of the atmosphere, and then reneter...but not the latest gear for tracking and locating where they are going on earth, a new frontier. So you make landmarks at first. Just bieng creative, like the people who wrote the bible or Dean Koontz, ya know?

It'd be the other way around. Dude, if your landing stuff isn't right on the money, you can just kiss your sweet spaceship g'bye. Remember the Mars Lander fiasco where they accidentally changed feet to meters or some such? Splat that spaceship all over the landscape.

Maybe biengs blasted off from other very close (Mars and Venus)planets, and then as they entered our orbit, they aimed for these major 'pyramids' which were landing areas of the early settlements.

That's kind of like driving to six blocks from where your house is, then opening the car door, putting on blindfolds, and letting a guide dog help you drive your car home to your garage.

Hasn't every probe that has gone there been destroyed who knows what could be on hte surface we canot see in the topo fly bys that we have now.

No offense, but you need to watch the National Geographic channel and the Science channel a bit more. They've got programs that show the surface and talk about the composition and why there wasn't ever any water there.

P.S Byrd, did I strike a chord somewhere or something? Not sure why your tore me a new one for creative thought and writing.

There's a lot of folks here who are up on their science and history and archaeology and physics and all. So if you come in with an idea just off the top of your head and you haven't researched it or really thought about it, you're going to end up with a lot of comments you probably won't like.

That sort of "well, HERE is a wild Idea I just had and let's pretend it's true" stuff is good on a lot of the UFO boards and that's why they don't get much respect. The folks here who know their stuff are actually good at it and some (like the UCLA person) have degrees in it.

That's why once in a very long while, something from this board gets picked up in the bigger presses.

Fantastic ideas are great for the fiction section. But if you're going to present them as ideas, then watch out for the reality checks by folks such as Enron, Off_The_Street, Amadeus, Amatine, CdrKeenKid, Gazrok, and all the rest.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
You know, what I find so funny, is that you j-offs are picking apart my ideas as if I am preaching it staing i am descended from Reptiles or some such. This thread consists of the words Mars Pyramids and Atlantis, so i would think that people were open to what if scenarios.

How the are you supposed to research something that is not even known to exist? I have read plenty about history and space, as well as catch plenty of good documentary on TV. I feel sad that you do not have the creative thought to imagine things that cannot be proven or what could have happened? Do you guys beleive that god created you from a rib too?

. I do not need a history or Earth science lesson, i ahd enough in high school and college. and remember, 75 years ago the thought of a keychain sized 10 GB hard drive was not even a thought, a thought, in the mind of anyone, and if technology can shoot forward that rate, what can we accomplish in the next 5000-10000 years?

Why the small closed minds.....

Ideas are what science is, and so are opinions. And when did UCLA offer a class on MArtian pyramids and their subculture???

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Can you explain why there are pyramids around the world then?

Let's see...

You want to make an impressive structure that is really tall.
You don't know anything about arches, butresses, etc.
Your only building material is stone.

What would YOU build? It's a very stable way to make a tall structure...simple as that. It's not wholly unbelievable that many civilizations stumbled upon this rather basic concept. It's similar to a child on the beach making a tall mound of sand just to see how high it will go... The adult builders simply squared off the sides for aesthetics....

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
You know, what I find so funny, is that you j-offs are picking apart my ideas as if I am preaching it staing i am descended from Reptiles or some such. This thread consists of the words Mars Pyramids and Atlantis, so i would think that people were open to what if scenarios.

How the are you supposed to research something that is not even known to exist? I have read plenty about history and space, as well as catch plenty of good documentary on TV. I feel sad that you do not have the creative thought to imagine things that cannot be proven or what could have happened? Do you guys beleive that god created you from a rib too?

. I do not need a history or Earth science lesson, i ahd enough in high school and college. and remember, 75 years ago the thought of a keychain sized 10 GB hard drive was not even a thought, a thought, in the mind of anyone, and if technology can shoot forward that rate, what can we accomplish in the next 5000-10000 years?

Why the small closed minds.....

Ideas are what science is, and so are opinions. And when did UCLA offer a class on MArtian pyramids and their subculture???

If you put out an idea or a theory, be prepared to defend it. Opinions work both ways, just because you have an idea doesnt mean someone has to agree with it. And just because theyre "picking it apart" doesnt mean theyre closed minded, it means theyre looking at it in a different perspective then you are. Being closed minded is refuting things just cuz, these guys are showing you evidence that falsifies statements in your theory. Don't take it personally.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   
water has been confirmed on mars just a day or two ago
read em and weep
CNN. COM

www.cnn.com...

now we know factually that there WAS water on mars

and in response to that guy talking about the pleiadian agenda crap
well

since you get all of your information from new age gurus and other people whom LIE and make up LIES to get money by selling the Book to cooky new age gullibles

anyways
there may be aliens; but the chances of them being Pleiadian Light Beings are like .00001%
and the chances those 'Pleiadian Light Beings" are channelling a message for all of human kind thru you or your local spiritual guru are ZERO PERCENT

Light Beings is like the Invisable untouchable unsmellable untasteable unproveable untestable Dragon that lives in My Garadge

The Pleiadians probably do not exist
even if they did, they would not travel massive interstellar distances just to build a few stupid pyramids on mars and earth and to
Help the Emotional Lives of Stupid Humans

NO there is NO Pleiadian Light Beings coming to earth like spirits giving us information about how to be Nicer and Love More

there is no proof for this fanatical belief
in fact the evidence is Agianst this fanatical belief

How the Hell could humanity be an offshoot of some strange Alien-Human Hybrid race ???

HELLO?
We share 99.8 % of our friggin DNA with Chimpanzes!!!!
we share like 93% of our DNA With MICE!!!!

There is tons of archaelogical evidence that shows a history of human kind reaching back at least 180,000 years
we were humans back then too

humans are related to earth life
we evolved to earth enviornment
we are 100% definatly a earth based event-creation-entity
we are Earth beings
we are not decendants from Alien Hybrids

All the evidence shows Humans to be 100% Terrestrial in origin

NO< Aliens did NOT create human race
NO Aliens did not hybridize with our DNA strands
Aliens probably dont even have DNA! Hence the word "Alien"
Aliens have no logical reasons to hybridize with ugly primitive human beasts. You are being egotistical and anthropocentric

Humans are most likely very UNimportant to Alien Races
We are probably like"Animal planet" for aliens
they watch show about alien animals
like Earth Animals! Ohhh great ratings on AlienTV

Aliens may exist
I Myself Believe 100% they exist
And i beleive they visit earth

i do NOT believe they are "Light Beings" made of Light particles
I do NOT believe they are "Higher Vibration bla bla"

Aliens are 99% likely to be BIOLOGICAL origin
they are 99% likely to use some sort of Technology to accomplish goals
they are 99% likely to use technology for communication
it is very very very doubtful that they are Telepathic
that is just wetdaydreams of some new ager

oh what are the frickin chances?
Light Beings from Pleiadian star system come to earth to Save Humanity from itself! by using the most wild fanatical people around to SELL BOOKS for Profit telling us all about the Pleiadian Agenda!
Dont forget the Reptiles they are enemys of the Pleiadian Light beings!
LOL

I Swear Go read some of this religions crap
The New AGE religions are by FAR
the biggest collections of unreasonable beliefs ever created by mankind
keep in mind they NEVER have evidence
its about FAITH not Evidence they say!

New Age stuff is just an uneducated publics reaction to the scientific wonders of modern society
they always use "magic" and "spirits" to explain everything

im serious no one has proved any of that new age stuff
in fact most of it was Disproven by interested scientists

just because there may be evidence supporting a very Weak Psychic ability only like 12% above statistical normalicy
Does NOT give them the right to go off screaming aliens are telepathic light beings from the star system pleiadia here to help humanity from killing itself they are here to "Heal" us with reiki energy!
and they also sell ALOT OF BOOKS
i know its Weird
Pleiadian Light Being Aliens Selling books ALL OVER the new age section at the bookstore

omg i could rant on this for 10more years
Dont Get me Going....

anyways if your really hot stuff
go show your alien psychic abilitys to James Randi
he offers ONE MILLION DOLLARS
for ANYONE who can PROVE paranormal
in a LABRATORY under Controlled Conditions

James Randi has been doing this for over a decade
and NO ONE has passed even the preliminary expierments

NO ONE can prove it to science as of yet
its NOT concrete
in fact its putty
and it runs right thru my fingers.....

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I thought pyramids were used for "soul- portals".

I always thought they were built as houses of worship and soul travel.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
There is no way to defend anything I stated in this thread, and it is not diluted fantasy from to much sci-fi. I was replying to someone who posted a question and spurred some ideas.

PLease try to imagine that 3,000,000 years ago, there were 3 terrestrial planets, each populated with humans, not just one. Is this so far fetched of an idea? As far as technology, maybe these civilizations were at the point we are now with space travel and had to build transport to attempt to salvage some of the population after a catastrophic event. I was not trying to imply floating space stations and intergalactic travel.

Could these planets have evolved on a different time frame and were more advanced than the backwards Earth at the time? Or maybe everything that we have been told about history is true, and we are the only creatures in the entire universe. I just don't see us as bieng so small and insignificant.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The Great pyramid was NOT even relatively easy to build...you need to do some serious study on this magnificent structure!

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Ok so you have a really neat idea, but you have nothing to even suggest it. There are no pyramids on mars. The photo you had was poor resolution and is now clearly not a picture of pyramids.

Unless you have some other evidence that even POINTS in the direction that you are hypothesizing, then there is really no validity to even investigating the hypothesis.

The only reason hypotheses are made is because there is some evidence to which the hypothesis is a logical conclussion.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by contraa
. There are no pyramids on mars.

You do not know that! There is no proof there isn't...remember this is a conspiracy site...and conspiracies are many!

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by VirusClock

Originally posted by Frosty
Why build pyramids? The pyramids are some of the most worthless strucures on the face of the planet. They serve absolutly no purpose for such massive amounts of man and animal power used to build them, not to mention the natural resources devoted towards these projects. Why would a species capable of interstellar travel build pyramids and then suddenly vanish leaving behind no existing proof of their history?

Less technology? Did they suddenly lose their capacity for science or become dumber while they traveled through space? Anyproof to any of these claims, or is this another combo of moonshine and childhood fantasies merging?

Can you explain why there are pyramids around the world then?

I doubt that species that can interglactic travel need much man power to build pyramids, if they possess the power of anti-gravity, building them should be pretty easy. Pyramids could hold an other purpose, it could be very complex, or very simple. It could just be the species trademark by all we know.

Also try to keep the bashing at minimum level. We have forums, to discuss ideas not to bash other members.

Ya, because they are relativly easy to build with the right man and animal power, marvelous to look at, and are big. But they still served no purpose while they were being built, after they were built, and now. Sure, they might be easier to build for an interstellar space traveling species, but what I am getting at is why not build something that man could not have possible built at the time, like an anti-gravity machine or steel reinforced skyscrapers? no, it is the egyptians trademark, and I can only think of two other places that similar structures are at, can you name anymore?

Ha, this is not bashing, it is logic.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Ok so there is no proof that there are no pyramids on mars. Absense of proof is not proof of absense.

At the same time, it would be just as valid for me to say that there is bigfoot in my closet because I haven't looked in it in the past 5 minutes and hence have no proof that it isn't there.

Just because you can't disprove something doesn't mean it's worth talking about. With no evidence suggesting it even being remotely plausible...why waste your time?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Technically, a pyramid is "easy" to make structureally (alot less mathmatics involved then arcways and gothic architecture) but also alot more time consuming for manual labor. The amazing thing about the Eqyptian pyramids are theyre linings, how they are all equal distances, perfectly aligned with the poles, etc.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by contraa
Ok so there is no proof that there are no pyramids on mars. Absense of proof is not proof of absense.

You know what, the absence of proof may correlate with the fact they never existed. Ever think of that one?

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I don’t know about the Martian pyramids but it’s hard to see what would make these shapes so similar all in the same area naturally. Now with the face again I have listened to the argument that with the sun at a different angle it looks entirely different. However what I have noticed is this, look not at the face but the rampart that surrounds it. It would appear that what you have there is a very nice straight wall with some height to it. Maybe in the region of one to two hundred feet. Now that is really hard to explain naturally. The fact that all these things are all in the same area really dose make you wonder.

Now on the other hand the Egyptian pyramids are a whole different thing we can study them. The largest one being the main point in question. I have heard it said that it contains somewhere between 2,300,000 million 2.5ton blocks to 2,600,000 million blocks and it took in the region of 23 years to build nearly 5,000 years ago. So let’s examine this 23 years will equal about 6,044,400 minutes of working time allowing for only working in day light. I can’t imagine the ancient Egyptian working a night shift. That means that they laid a 2.5ton block every 2.63 minute. This amount of time doesn’t allow for the making of the foundation clearing the site or leveling the site. So bare in mind that this was with copper tools and first the stone has to be cut to a precise shape and size then it has to be haled to the site. Now I am no expert but with all our modern equipment I doubt that could be achieved today let alone by a people that didn’t even have the wheel.

The experts will have us believe that the higher reaches of the pyramids where reached by either a very long ramp or a spiraling ramp around the sides or by a system of leavers going straight up the side. All done with an average speed of a 2.5ton block every 2.63 minute and precisely to boot, with a preciseness that would be hard to match today. Well it has me scratching my head.

I would love to hear sensible answers.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Earth 2030 A.D
Atmosphere consists mostly of carbon monoxide and other poisons, global heating vaporized oceans and resources of water are not enough even for the needs of the few millions of people that survived WWIII

Earth 2040 A.D
Its time for human race's resque.
30 spacebuses are ready to carry some decades of humans to establishments built secretly the last 30 years on Mars.

Earth is inherited by human clones, made to live breathing the poisonus air and metabolise the human toxic garbage, and with limited brain power to really ask WHY too soon.

Mars 12030 A.D
Humans on Mars are well established for centuries now on Mars, and have advanced their technology .Often travel to earth to get Uranium refuel with gas from the huge gas plantations in Arctic , and get oxygen.

Earth 32030 A.D
Human clones on earth have developed their skills and brains, and start wondering where they came from, where they go to.

Mars 35000 AD
Humans have acquired technology and knowledge that allow them travel to a nearby solar system where a more hospitable planet is found, so they move there, leaving behind just a few monitoring stations of earth and mars life species.

Earth 42040 AD
Memories of humans coming and going with their spacecrafts have created many religions to fulfill their questions, and delayed science to evolve, but now, that global glacier made earth weather colder, and a toxic gas in atmosphere, oxygen, makes them predict that sooner or later earth will be not hospitable for them to live, they turn to the stars for a new home.

Earth 42240 AD
30 Space buses leave for Mars , where by telescopes and expeditional ships they see that some civilization lived there. And ofcourse, earth will be inherited by their clones...

----------------
I apologize for my awful english.

One can change chronologies at will, and maybe find answers.

Universe is in an eternal change, move and evolution. We believe we are more important than flowers, just like flowers believe they are more important than stones, but in fact, we are all a part of the stardust that cycles eternaly between material and energy, within the natural plans of universe, dictated by entropia.

Thanks for reading, any comment appreciated.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Maybe the pyramids of egypt were built by giants and engineered by their fathers.

IMO Mars is an orphan.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Pyramids are stargates. One from Egypt to Aztec, thats why cultures and what not are so similar. And at one point mars, and i believe even the moon. maybe venus.

New chambers have recently been discovered in chambers in pyramids of Giza, which door handle is made from interplanetary rock. Google it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join