It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baker Forced to make gay wedding cakes, undergo sensitivity training, after losing lawsuit

page: 48
<< 45  46  47   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Yes, you HAVE to bake a cake against your will, and ENJOY it, because we said so. Sounds like mental slavery to me.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

The Bible says people like you will think like that down the track somewhere, amazing how right it was hey?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Roswell111
Yes, you HAVE to bake a cake against your will, and ENJOY it, because we said so. Sounds like mental slavery to me.

And you have to drive on right side of road... and enjoy it, then stop on red, go on green... all slavery...

Wouldn't be easier to say - he should bake it because it is RIGHT thing to do?! I am sure that Jesus, if he ever existed and was baker - would not even think, but create cake... don't you think so?

a reply to: DarknStormy
Really... got me surprised there... does it also tell that everyone else is wrong? How convenient...

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Christian Voice

See you can't debate when logic goes against you, it's all me perverting words and that's it. That's your answer to anything that goes against your beliefs and challenges them.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I think he should have made the cake, although I don't think he should be forced to make anything or take sensitivity training.

You can force someone to take sensitivity training?

Who knew?

Did he break a law?

I make jewelry, I would/could never deny anyone, I could hurt them like that, but I think I should have that right.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

originally posted by: Roswell111

And you have to drive on right side of road... and enjoy it, then stop on red, go on green... all slavery...

Wouldn't be easier to say - he should bake it because it is RIGHT thing to do?! I am sure that Jesus, if he ever existed and was baker - would not even think, but create cake... don't you think so?

a reply to: DarknStormy
Really... got me surprised there... does it also tell that everyone else is wrong? How convenient...

Certainly it may be the right or moral or honorable or the capitalist thing to do, but the issue is, how far do you want to government to legislate thought?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I believe they have anti-discrimination laws in Colorado so I think it was a criminal investigation but putting the guy on sensitivity training is taking it a bit far. We have these programs in the UK for people who drink & drive where they are mandated to go to AA meetings for a reduction of sentencing. Which is fair enough, you basically get a choice to got to AA meetings and your sentence is reduced by a 3rd.
I could understand giving him the choice of a hefty fine/prison whatever the punishment for the crime is and saying we'll reduce it if you attend sensitivity training but forcing people to do it shouldn't happen.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
I have a hankering for a halal cake with a picture of cartoon Muhammad on it.

Anybody know a good Muslim baker and cake decorator?

Let's see how far this goes.

Maybe a NRA themed gun cake from a vegan pacifist bakery coop in San Francisco.

Or maybe...

You should know that: depicting the prophet Muhammad as an image gets you the death penalty under Sharia Law

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Certainly it may be the right or moral or honorable or the capitalist thing to do, but the issue is, how far do you want to government to legislate thought?

In great bright world, this should have never happened - but as we don't live in utopia, we still have people trying to live by moral code that is 2K years old - stuff like this is happening and it will happen even more, now that LGBT community is fighting for their rights.

As far as how much I like government involved - as much as its needed to protect rights of everyone.

What if he made sign like this, would you agree that government should react, or he should have a right to discriminate?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: Annee

Tell that to every felon who is turned down for an apartment rental because they are felons. Are felons second class citizens compared to homosexuals? Do they not deserve a place to live too?

You know who landlords don't want to rent to the most? LAWYERS and LAW STUDENTS. It's perfectly legal AFAIK. Also smokers and pet owners ... they can have a terrible time finding a place to live.

Many freelancers talk about turning down business from certain types. If you just don't get along with someone, you should be able to "fire" them as a client. But what if they also happen to be in a protected class? Danger! You can say you're too busy but if you're really not, they can put someone up to posing as a new customer and prove you lied. So you better either document every dealing so you can prove they're unreasonable, or grin and bear it, or go to jail and indoctrination training.

top topics

<< 45  46  47   >>

join