It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sexual Harrasment of Young Women, A Serious But Also Funny Submission.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SearchLightsInc

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: SearchLightsInc

About 30+ years ago, I had a co-worker who was in field service and I was engineering manager, we were both married. We used to end up on site together, so we would stay at the same motel/hotel, eat at the same restaurant/bar, etc. At the end of dining, I would hang around for a couple of hours at the bar to get mildly inebriated as well as to be entertained by simply watching what would unfold. I was 6'3" and he about 5'6", I didn't think I had anything to prove, he thought he did and I had heard from other field personnel that his actions were commonplace whenever on site. So, he would go around the bar for a couple of hours and hit on every girl/women in the room, more than once and some of what I overheard made me blush LOL. By sheer persistence he would end up usually taking one back to his room or go to theirs. His antics were classic and memorable.

Isn't that what is basically happening on the internet now, just less physical and considerably safer?

Cheers - Dave

I take it your friend was speaking to sexually active women and not teenage girls? Sexually active women who were clearly at a bar, probably happy with the idea of leaving with a man?

Because these teenage girls dont seem sexually active or interested... and even when that's made clear, the boys still persist...

Well, sexually active women is one thing, under 18's is another thing entirely. In any event, no means no, persistence is harassment, it just seemed more acceptable in the late 70's and early 80's when my co-worker was doing it, and kind of funny to see him strike out so many times. There are plenty of women around who have no problem with "yes," and in abundance as well as every imaginable way. I don't think I have ever been too persistent myself when it comes to women, I always found it to be too much like begging.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Why don't we just ban talking to girls?

Boys are no longer allowed to talk to girls. Ever.

There, problem solved.

Men are going to make sexual advances towards women. That's the nature of reality. Get over it. The internet is a forum of anonymity, lowering the self-imposed restrictions we normally place on our face-to-face interactions. As a result, much of the communication on the internet is, well... more "to the point".

If you don't like it, don't put yourself into an open forum where you can be messaged by just anyone. It isn't "harassment". It's boys being boys.

Wait. I know. Let's Ban Boys! No more boys!

Who's with me?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

At no point is sexually harassing women a part of being a boy or man.

Your viewpoint is not only alarming from a female perspective, but it is also disrespectful to men and boys in general. Men are not dogs and there are plenty of both grown and growing men that don't degrade and harass women as a part of "manliness".

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Why don't we just ban talking to girls?

Boys are no longer allowed to talk to girls. Ever.

There, problem solved.

Men are going to make sexual advances towards women. That's the nature of reality. Get over it. The internet is a forum of anonymity, lowering the self-imposed restrictions we normally place on our face-to-face interactions. As a result, much of the communication on the internet is, well... more "to the point".

If you don't like it, don't put yourself into an open forum where you can be messaged by just anyone. It isn't "harassment". It's boys being boys.

Wait. I know. Let's Ban Boys! No more boys!

Who's with me?

Okay, give me your cell/mobile number, i'll text you hi, you reply "Hi" and then i'll say either of these:

"Show me your boobs"
"Do you masturbate"
"Have you ever been with a girl"
"What colour is your thong"
"What is your bra size"
"Do you wanna ****?"
"Do you wanna suck my ****?"

^^ If any of those are acceptable to say to a complete stranger or someone who is not interested in your then yeah, maybe should ban boys from speaking to girls until they actually learn some respect.

Respect - Definition
n
1. an attitude of deference, admiration, or esteem; regard
2. the state of being honoured or esteemed
3. a detail, point, or characteristic; particular: he differs in some respects from his son.
4. reference or relation (esp in the phrases in respect of, with respect to)
5. polite or kind regard; consideration: respect for people's feelings.
6. (often plural) an expression of esteem or regard (esp in the phrase pay one's respects)
vb (tr)
7. to have an attitude of esteem towards; show or have respect for: to respect one's elders.
8. to pay proper attention to; not violate: to respect Swiss neutrality.
9. to show consideration for; treat courteously or kindly
10. to concern or refer to

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The moral compass is spinning in its grave.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Its not human nature to open a coversation with "Hi, wanna see my wang?"

Says who? I'm sure in primitive days many human sexual encounters started with a male whipping his wang out to impress the female with a simple statement of "OOOK?".

Having a random guy ask you if you masturbate is incredibly creepy, invasive and flat out degrading. Its not his business. She's clearly not interesting in speaking about sexual things = NOT ACCEPTABLE CONVERSATION.

So? Why such a sensitive emotional response to something that everyone does (could it be that you have been indoctrinated to believe that these are filthy, vile, evil things?) Who says these are mature "normal" men to begin with rather than basement dwelling tweens?

Indeed, but that doesnt give anyone a green light to try and hump every living thing when they're clearly not interested?

Some people are stupid? Idk I see people repeatedly try to do futile things everyday knowing they probably wont succeed. This isn't an aspect of human nature that is bound to sex alone. Humans (males atleast) have an instinctive drive to reproduce and have as many orgasms as possible. I have known guys to repeatedly ask a girl out to no avail, generally when asking a girl out sex is the desired outcome.

Is it more creepy to try to seduce a woman into giving in or just flat out asking for what you want? Some men will tell a million lies to get a woman in bed. Is that not creepier?

I almost feel like you're definding their actions like they have a right to be creepy because of how they feel. Is topples the idea that even if women are not up to chatting sexually with a boy, they should still endure his pathetic advances because he has feelings and should be allowed to express himself?

She could always ignore him. I have to deal with multiple people asking me for cigarettes repeatedly after I have already told them no, I don't feel harassed just slightly annoyed.

But they dont and that's what makes this a social issue...

Just one of those things I guess.
There are many seductive aspects given off consciously and unconsciously.

I just get sick of people whining and making big deals about inconsequential things rather than real issues. Men are pervs. If you don't like it lobotomize them.

Also would it be creepy to these girl's if Brad Pitt or Johnny Depp (or whomever it is the girls lust after these days) did it? I bet the ladies that are attracted to those two would relish in the sexual attention.

I get where you are coming from with all this but I also get why it happens. I don't see what the big deal is. If these are the responses one receives on said site why use said site?
edit on 3-6-2014 by theyknowwhoyouare because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-6-2014 by theyknowwhoyouare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology

Your viewpoint is not only alarming from a female perspective, but it is also disrespectful to men and boys in general. Men are not dogs and there are plenty of both grown and growing men that don't degrade and harass women as a part of "manliness".

I'm not talking about "manliness". I'm talking about natural hormonal responses compounded by the loss of inhibition resultant from digital communication.

Did you even read my post?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Okay, give me your cell/mobile number, i'll text you hi, you reply "Hi" and then i'll say either of these:

"Show me your boobs"
"Do you masturbate"
"What is your bra size"
"Do you wanna ****?"

You're a complete stranger. I'm not giving you my phone number.

See the problem?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I've got it.

Testosterone is the problem. We need to put all pubescent males on medication to inhibit the production of testosterone.

That's the ticket.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Testosterone arguments have failed when studied in relation to aggression. Sexually harassing someone is an aggressive behavior. This is a nurture issue with young men not some evolutionary douche bag gene. Smoke and mirror argument to disregard the very real connection between how boys are raised and how they treat women later on.

"The genes did it!"

If a man thinks that it is acceptable to sexually harass women whether it be online or off then that is an issue with behavioral growth and social development.

Again, plenty of men out there that behave respectfully toward women. That doesn't mean they never flirt or ask on dates, but they also don't open communication with sexually aggressive propositions.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

"Show me your boobs"
"Do you masturbate"
"What is your bra size"
"Do you wanna ****?"

You're a complete stranger. I'm not giving you my phone number.

See the problem?

All I see is you being unable to defend someone who tries to continue a conversation with either of the statements I mentioned. Are you gonna send me a pic btw? Please, I have sexual feelings that you and you alone are responsible for fulfilling

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

^^ If any of those are acceptable to say to a complete stranger or someone who is not interested in your then yeah, maybe should ban boys from speaking to girls until they actually learn some respect.

Who said respect was a constitutional right?
I know freedom of speech is.

Welcome to the real world kid, there are many A-holes here. Guess what, you will have your feelings hurt by strangers pretty often.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I've got it.

Testosterone is the problem. We need to put all pubescent males on medication to inhibit the production of testosterone.

That's the ticket.

Orrrrr, we could teach boys the proper way to engage with human beings...?

Where is this pic btw? I know you've not promised me one but I have sexual feelings and a right to demand to see pictures of your naked body - no I don't wanna meet your folks, just pics please.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

All I see is you being unable to defend someone who tries to continue a conversation with either of the statements I mentioned. Are you gonna send me a pic btw? Please, I have sexual feelings that you and you alone are responsible for fulfilling

Sure, what's your number?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare

Who said respect was a constitutional right?
I know freedom of speech is.

Welcome to the real world kid, there are many A-holes here. Guess what, you will have your feelings hurt by strangers pretty often.

Ahh, that makes it all okay then!

I shall go inform all of those teenage girls that men have a right to treat them like fleshy meat bags with no feelings. They'll just have to put up with it for the next 30 years because some men are clearly stupid and primitive, have absolutely no idea how to court a girl.

I shall also tell them that they get spoken to disrespectfully because they don't deserve respect. They have to earn it, maybe of they have in to the demands of these hormone driving virile men they might get some...? Oh wait, doesn't work like that does it?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, welcome to life as a woman.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Sure, what's your number?

Inbox me
better be a good pic

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I see you didn't respond to my other post there. Must not be able to refute my statements. Yes women are treated this way. That is the way life is.

welcome to life as a woman.

Yeah.

Oh poor me! Some guy wants to have sex with me! I have it so hard!
People are starving, being raped, having their children taken from them, being tortured, being enslaved, etc etc.

poor little girls.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Inbox me
better be a good pic

Here you go:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

They'll just have to put up with it for the next 30 years because some men are clearly stupid and primitive, have absolutely no idea how to court a girl

Well on the other hand those poor socially inept saps will probably go through life as virgins. Which is much worse in comparison.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
You didnt send me the link?
Id also like to state being a 'gentleman' really does get you nowhere this days
They do say nice guys finish last you know
Do you not think that the way women are potrayed in the media and through celeb status that men sometimes behave that way?
I mean loads of girls want to be rhianna right? so when they see her in a see-through dress and copy here , men are going to be throwing themselves at them and be very persistent about it
Im not saying its an excuse but were all mammals right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join