It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sgt. Bergdahl, An Intelligence Asset Endangered By Obama’s CIA Blunder?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

As always, Xuenchen, you've got a unique point of view.

That's a hell of a thought, and it sure would help explain the truly bizarre circumstances of this.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I sense there is MUCH more to the story than we will ever know, but that doesn't explain Bergdahl's father praising allah. Or the smile on obama's face when he heard such praise.

But this guy could have been recruited specifically because of his past associations with Islam. If his father was Muslim and spoke Arabic or a related language, then his son very well might have too, and this is something that few other US soldiers would have been able to do, if he truly was a soldier, and that could be the exact reason for selecting him. Now the strange behavior and things he said before he disappeared could have been a somewhat elaborate ruse and it would actually have made sense. The CIA is not going to tell regular ground troops about operations they are conducting, or that this man was part of it.

Now I am not saying this is what happened. I am just stating this is a possible explanation. I do not believe it myself, but I cannot say that this or that happened with any certainty, and neither can anyone else at the moment. The government and those directly involved are the only ones who know the truth at the moment.

Also, Obama's reaction may not mean anything at all. Even IF Obama himself were Muslim, this has no real bearing on anything considering his actions have proven him quite willing to kill Muslims with impunity. So can one actually say that Obama has Muslim interests at heart? I just mention this because some people actually believe that.
edit on 6/3/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
If he really was a plant...why lose over six soldiers searching for him?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Exactly. And...why basically paste a *kidnap me* sign on the backs of all the military serving now...

That is what is going to be in everyone's mind now....am I next.

The whole thing is wrong wrong WRONG!!!

Des

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Perhaps Bergdahl is actually a "recruited" agent himself?

Uhhh ... no.

Hate to be so blunt without offering much of an explanation, but you can take my word for it ... that is a stretch beyond what even my imagination could ever reach. Bergdahl is an ideologist with a delusional superhero persona. He put on a uniform and was promptly ostracized ... because he's a freak.

Bottom line: Not a candidate for recruitment in that profession.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Good point, yeah. Though with the Army, the order not to search could've easily gotten lost in the chain of command. I think you're right, but if it can get fubar'd, it'll happen in the Army.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I'm wondering if they are trying to loosen the taliban's views up on taking prisoners. if they think they can get their guys back they won't go chopping heads off on the news 12 hours later?

idk, like I've said before somethins rotten in denmark.

5 years this guys been down? say his dads muslim so he would probably be able to fit in quickly?

man give me 5 years hanging out with even the dumbest of guards of any organization and I'm learning its structure.

why didnt they cut this guys head off like everyone else's?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
You guys know there are American's who have left this country to willingly go fight along Syrians, Al-Qaeda, What-Have-You? I can provide you video evidence of white, middle-class-looking, 20 something year old's fighting alongside middle-easterners.

Why would the government need to go through such an elaborate conspiracy to send a guy out to be taken hostage and do all this hoo-haa trading 5 gitmo detainees as a front for getting intel?

They could easily just send people into these hostile locations (white, normal looking dudes) to go right into the heart of it all.. no scandal needed.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
What's really going on here?
The entire episode does not seem "normal".

This doesn't seem normal to us because it's un-normal for the President of the United States to be openly engaging in warfare against the United States of America. That's what Obama has done. And he's doing it all out in the open for everyone to see .... It's surreal. Really surreal.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
Great question.Did we gain something from this OR was this another lamebrain Obama move.At the moment I'm leaning toward the lamebrain foreign policy this administration will make history for.

lame brain foreign policy???
accordingly, if the republican politicians (in their own words) had their way...we would have boots on the ground in Ukraine fighting Russia, boots on the ground fighting in Syria, left Libya to fight their own civil war, and boots on the ground in Iran.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

What can I say, the propaganda machine will turn Berghdahl into a hero, Obama will be deemed a true patriot he will save the democratic party, Hillary will be the next president.

Yeah I like the conspiracy.

edit on 4-6-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
if the republican politicians (in their own words) had their way...we would have boots on the ground in Ukraine fighting Russia, boots on the ground fighting in Syria, left Libya to fight their own civil war, and boots on the ground in Iran.

If the democratic politicians had their way, we would have boots on the ground in Syria, boots on the ground in Lybia, boots on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan, and bombs/drones hitting people in Pakistan, Yemen, and Somalia.

More than 2400 Dead As Obama's Drone Campaign Marks Five Years

Across Pakistan, Yemen and Somalia, the Obama administration has launched more than 390 drone strikes in the five years since the first attack that injured Qureshi – eight times as many as were launched in the entire Bush presidency. These strikes have killed more than 2,400 people, at least 273 of them reportedly civilians.

Although drone strikes under Obama’s presidency have killed nearly six times as many people as were killed under Bush, the casualty rate – the number of people killed on average in each strike – has dropped from eight to six under Obama

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
After doing some reviewing on the blunder of the administration regarding the leak of an Operative, I have to say that Sgt. Bergdahl was not that operative, because is no way in hell that the Taliban will take a runaway soldier and start working with him and giving him their sensitive material.

The members in the Taliban are no cavemen neither they are illiterates and without knowledge of western ways.

The operative by now has been extracted safely.

The Bergdahl issue is something totally different and one that maybe exploited easily.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

if the republican politicians (in their own words) had their way...we would have boots on the ground in Ukraine fighting Russia

ROFLOL

Do you *Really* Really believe THAT ?

The Democrats have the military all over the place right now under 0bama don't they ?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Is it just me or does anyone else think the rapid blinking is some kind of code? His handler also seems very friendly, patting him on the shoulder.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I figured your title meant the other direction and I was thinking to myself it was a possibility....but not as a U.S. asset.

If we weren't hearing from his fellow soldiers now about his goofy, lackluster and generally unimpressive performance for a period before walking off into the night? It might be easier to see.

However, his rebel without a clue act, if it was just an act, would have suggested to me at least, a very intelligent and very well trained person. Nothing in his background that I've heard suggests he is well trained or especially gifted for something like deep deep undercover stuff. Especially what I'd imagine would have to be the most stressful assignment in the world.

I suppose a DEA agent in Mexico having a phone ring with a COPS ring tone at a bad moment would be more stressful..but only because the cartels favor decapitation by hand as a means of showing their anger as well.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Obama was told two years ago by congress not to agree with a prisoner swap and he knew congress would be against it. That's why the law was passed. That's why he told very few people. For him now to feign surprise at the negative reviews en masse is just another lie he can add to his resume.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
At first I wondered about the intelligence aspect too.

After reading and listening, I'm of the thought that it's possible he had a breakdown or some other type of mental health issue. His age at the time he was deployed and walked off is consistent with the age typically associated with the onset of schizophrenia or other mental illness.

It also helps to explain why the father went to such extremes in associating with the culture his son was immersed in....if his son was/is operating from a place of unreality.

Additionally, it also explains the talking point being put forth regarding such concern about the Sergeant's (mental?) health and the delay in being reunited with his parents.
edit on 6/4/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I'm of the thought that it's possible he had a breakdown or some other type of mental health issue.

TV News was reporting that this isn't the first time he has walked off duty.
I"m looking for a story with a link ... right now it's just on TV that I can see.

I only saw the story once. Haven't seen it again ...

Mental health issues .... I think both the father and son could easily have them. ANGER would be the normal reaction from a father towards those who kidnap and mistreat a son .... not embracing and praising the extremism of the kidnapping group. Either there are mental health issues or they are totally into and accepting of the extremist ideology of the Taliban. One or the other .... IMHO.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Found it.

Bergdahl Had Left Base Before

The exact circumstances that led to Bergdahl's capture in Afghanistan are not known to the public, but a classified 2010 Army investigation concluded he had “willfully walked off base,” two senior defense officials told Fox News. The report, known in the military as a 15-6 investigation, cited testimony from Bergdahl’s fellow soldiers who said he had walked off the base alone before -- out of “boredom” – according to this official

Just wandering off base into a war zone ... 'out of boredom'.
Yeah ... mental health issues or stupidity. Take your pick. (IMHO)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join