It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sgt. Bergdahl, An Intelligence Asset Endangered By Obama’s CIA Blunder?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This is one possibility not being addressed as much as all the other twists.

Perhaps the Sgt Bergdahl thing is all about the "botched" "Leak" of the CIA top official's name in Afghanistan last week.

Perhaps Bergdahl is actually a "recruited" agent himself?

We need to prove the real reason for the sudden "exchange" with the Taliban.

What's really going on here?

The entire episode does not seem "normal".

Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who was a five-year captive of the Taliban-aligned Haqqani network in Afghanistan, may have been an intelligence operative whose cover was blown after the White House outed the CIA’s top intelligence official in the Islamic country by mistake.

Bergdahl, 28, was found by the Islamist insurgent group in the Paktika province of Afghanistan on June 30, 2009 after allegedly deserting his unit.

But considering that the Obama administration moved to secure his release barely a week after the White House accidentally revealed the head of CIA operations in Afghanistan, in addition to other strange circumstances, Bergdahl may have actually been an embedded intelligence asset who allowed himself to be captured in order to infiltrate the Haqqani network, yet was ultimately endangered by the Obama administration’s blunder.

The Secretary of Defense, Chuck Hagel, said that the administration had to move quickly to save Bergdahl’s life but why would Bergdahl be in danger now more than ever during his previous five years of captivity?

Sgt. Bergdahl, An Intelligence Asset Endangered By Obama’s CIA Blunder?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I sense there is MUCH more to the story than we will ever know, but that doesn't explain Bergdahl's father praising allah. Or the smile on obama's face when he heard such praise.

edit on 2u44America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If he really should be an asset of sorts, shouldn't we then NOT try expose him?

Any intel he might have would be worth so much more if nobody knows he has it.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I sense there is MUCH more to the story than we will ever know, but that doesn't explain Bergdahl's father praising allah. Or the smile on obama's face when he heard such praise.

The fact that he is Muslim would explain him praising Allah. He simply smiled because the man is happy his kid is coming home?
edit on 3-6-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I had that thought yesterday when I started taking in the information out there regarding his disappearance. Sure some people might be discontent and simply walk off their post in the military, but usually that'd happen on a base somewhere when they can blend in the environment, enjoy the local hospitality, etc. Running off into Taliban occupied Afghanistan just doesn't seem that enticing for some, supposedly hippie-mentality kid.

I thought chances could be high he was told to write some letters back home to fit the backstory, perhaps even his dad was in on it or at least encouraged to be useful, since he started learning the local language, and attending mosques here. For his captors, American press would indicate he was a disillusioned soldier who didn't believe in the war he was fighting.

His plan however, would be to build the trust of the captors and eventually gain intelligence. It seemed like he had some autonomy while he was there, Im wondering if he had the ability to send back messages/information drops.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Great question.Did we gain something from this OR was this another lamebrain Obama move.At the moment I'm leaning toward the lamebrain foreign policy this administration will make history for.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

well if he is cia the only test for the 5 released Taliban Hostages, i mean prisoners under military authority,, cause no war from Congress was declared,, so, the only test for the militants released will be obvious,,,

if anything goes BOOM, or someone looses thier head,, in the next little while,,
test of Loyalty completed.

tick tock,,

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
OOOOhhh....a good conspiracy. I think you are right....there could be more to this than we know.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Yup, sounds kinda crazy to run off in that area to me too.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome
I could be wrong Bob but I think this guy deserted during time of war.

edit on CDTTuepm2561 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
a reply to: BobAthome
I could be wrong Bob but I think this guy deserted during time of war.

deserted or inserted?? thats the question,,but as far as the muslim extremests released,, they will have to prove there loyalty as well.

unless u mean WAR,,, as no WAR was declared by Congress,, this is all under Military Authority,,rules ,jurisdiction,first dibs,etc,,, ,,

and WAR or not ,in country or out,, leaving your post is desertion, he knew that obviously,,he wasn't slow or clueless.
edit on 6/3/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Very little of this situation makes any sense. There has to be more to this, else this is just the makings of an epically bad PR move. In any event 1+1= 4, whatever the actual reason.

By the way, I highly recommend this article written by a soldier who served in the same battalion as Bergdahl. He does an excellent job detailing the events of when Bergdahl went "missing" and the effort expended to try to find him. It's a convincing piece lending support to the theory he was a deserter.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

If he really should be an asset of sorts, shouldn't we then NOT try expose him?

Any intel he might have would be worth so much more if nobody knows he has it.

Maybe that's why we are seeing all the confusion.

If somebody "intentionally" outed the CIA official, how do we know Bergdahl wasn't "next" ?

Obviously there are forces operating behind the scenes and we don't know who's side they're on.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I don't know about this ....

Wouldn't it have been much simpler to just train someone and have them attend a local masjid and embed them self's in the community?

From their they can go to "jihad" ...

Auki Collins did this , he was a young American convert who decided to except khuawaij queeda (extream methodology) and go fight in Afghanistan & Chechnya.

However he was not an agent supposedly... But he lives in Arizona now a free man after participating in Jihad...

Just saying..

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Wouldn't it have been much simpler to just train someone and have them attend a local masjid and embed them self's in the community?

How do we know they didn't?

I bet they have.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

naaa the guy from the get go, had been talking bout going to the other side and how he didnt like America......

To those of us FROM Idaho who followed this tory years ago when it came out, most of this news is nothing new......

We already knew that people from his unit said the guy burned off intentionally.....

Thats why I laugh when people tell me that I need to find out whats going and not jump to conclusions , again, most of this stuff is NOT new information that has come out recently.......

What HAS come out recently is more DETAIL......his dad has even come out and re-tweeted some seriously telling things

No secret agent, just a traitor
edit on 6/3/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/3/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

How do we know they didn't?

I bet they have.

Indeed I know for certain they have ...

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

naaa the guy from the get go, had been talking bout going to the other side and how he didnt like America......

I tend to agree.

But wouldn't that be standard procedure for an operation like the story is suggesting?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I tend to agree.

But wouldn't that be standard procedure for an operation like the story is suggesting?

Not really why would thye need to do that in the first place, just place the guy in the area, no real need to have him enlist and go through all the bs and then act like a defector........

All they would have to do is make the documents line up that hes a soldier, what his unit is, insert the guy in the area to find taliban fighters to tell them hes switching sides........they wouldnt know the difference really......

No need to put him in the position for people to have to go get him , and die, like what happened

IMHO thats just too contrived

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

The only reason I can't buy into the story that he may be a secret operative embedded is because of this guy right here...

I don't buy this spin at all....

Des

edit on 3-6-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join