It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Midwest: Brace For "Land Hurricane"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Fazza!

I discovered this site a couple of months ago....brilliant site.

i couldnt believe today when i was watching that a chaser team was trying to outrun a tornado. the fear in the voices was incredible.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

This is the first time I posted on here, so please excuse any mistakes I made.
My weather friends and I on another forum always laugh at the term "polar vortex" All it is a fancy way to a high pressure system that sets up near the great lakes. They happen every year! It was just the weather channel trying to cause hysteria to the public. However, we did have a rare weather event last winter called a McFarland Signature, which literally moves the north pole to the Midwest. It even turned My city (Dallas) into a mini ice age for 7 days. But, whenever the term "polar vortex" is used, it just means a high pressure system that occurs during winter time.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

How old are you, and do you live under a rock?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: IngyBall

Good to know, thanks for the post and welcome!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Land Hurricane? Hardly.

Around here we call it spring/summer. Living in the midwest can bring some real funky weather that changes at a moments notice. So I'm not too worried about this.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I live in Tornado Alley, just on the border with Oklahoma. The Wind is what scares me sometimes, that is what can do a lot of damage. you dont have to have a tornado, to have very damaging winds. Problem around here is a lot of people live in mobile homes with no foundation, and those just dont hold up in very bad weather

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Land hurricane? Who makes up these names?! A derecho can produce very severe weather - watch out anyone in its path! - but they aren't that unusual, are certainly not new, and most definitely don't need some silly hack renaming them land hurricanes just to sensationalise the weather.

www.spc.noaa.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join