It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Midwest: Brace For "Land Hurricane"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

I came across this article in my news feed. Seen many severe thunderstorms, but these seem to be in a class of their own. These not only present a risk from the winds and hail associated, but an increased risk for tornadoes as well. The only events with widespread winds exceeding "derecho" events are hurricanes. This seems to make the microburst look like a late May shower. To all in its path, be safe.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

I would say it's pretty dangerous already producing baseball size hail in Nebraska.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Yeah I may be in that path. "Sigh" only in tornado alley right?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

I would say it's pretty dangerous already producing baseball size hail in Nebraska.

Wow!Yes get hit in the head with one of those moving 90mph and say no big deal.Stay indoors all.Hang in there Nebraska

Edit:I have to add"Land Hurricane"to my never heard of before weather phenomena right after"Polar Vortex"

edit on CDTTuepm2561 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
So... last winter we had an unprecedented "polar vortex" and now we have a "land hurricane"...but people will shout from the rafters that climate change is not real...okay....

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
So... last winter we had an unprecedented "polar vortex" and now we have a "land hurricane"...but people will shout from the rafters that climate change is not real...okay....

Ya know the funny part?Young people growing up now must thing this weather is"normal"?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
You can live stream storm chasers' dashboard webcam footage using this interactive map: ChaserTV

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Oh my.....stay away, just stay away from here. I got lots of trees over a hundred feet tall on my property, I don't need the firewood and lumber that bad.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Land hurricane and polar vortex are very creative names, adding spice to weather conditions sells. Next could be a Solar Tsunami. Be safe.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fazza!
You can live stream storm chasers' dashboard webcam footage using this interactive map: ChaserTV

Great link .Thanks!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I've always called them "blizzards" and "severe thunderstorms." I wouldn't say they're indicative of climate change.

a reply to: TDawg61

Looks like someone found a giant ant's nest. Weird how things that large fall from the sky.
Hopefully we'll get some good storms around here. All we've gotten so far this year is rain, rain and more rain.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

the climate sure is changing here in SoCal. the winter never came, the spring is hot like middle summer, and now summer approaches, YIKES>

Land Hurricane? I have my mother in central Illinois, that is middle midwest. lol

good thing she is visiting here starting thursday for a week. hopefully she dodges this thing.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Land hurricane and polar vortex are very creative names, adding spice to weather conditions sells. Next could be a Solar Tsunami. Be safe.
solar tsunamis iirc are a real phenomena lol

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

The climate is ever changing, it's global warming that is the farce, and pinning the cause on humans.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_

The climate is ever changing, it's global warming that is the farce, and pinning the cause on humans.
now if climate stopped changing that would be freaky

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Snow in New Orleans, super storms, tornado seasons getting more violent, droughts getting worse... The list goes on. Awaiting an apocalyptic Hurricane season now. Though one could make an argument these things are cyclical... could.
edit on 3-6-2014 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Hey, appreciate the heads up! Hadn't watched any weather, and nice to have a warning. We could see some of this mess. Ah, well, maybe it will cool off some!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

You know time and again I see people say that people deny climate change, but that never seems to be the case. I usually see people deny that climate change is being affected by man. Usually in these debates, everyone acknowledges that climate change is real.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61

Ya know the funny part?Young people growing up now must thing this weather is"normal"?

Have you ever heard of the Dust Bowl?

This:

was considered "normal" weather in the 30's.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Completely normal. If you look up the patterns at the moment the pacific is in an "el nino" pattern.

In short that means above average winter temps for Australia...(we have just had the warmest may ever) and plenty of rain/storms for the U.S.A

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join