It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Children, On Their Way to Get Ice Cream, Stabbed in Elevator in NYC

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

New York police are searching for a man who stabbed two children, one fatally, in an elevator Sunday evening.
Police described the man as a "heavy set" black male, approximately 6 feet tall, between ages 25 and 35, and last seen wearing a gray shirt. He stabbed a 6-year-old boy and a 7-year-old girl inside an elevator in their apartment building in the East New York neighborhood of Brooklyn and fled, police said.
Prince Joshua "PJ" Avitto, 6, was stabbed in the torso and transported to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead. The girl was also stabbed in the torso and remains in critical condition, according to police.
New York Police Commissioner Bill Bratton said Monday that the two children were on their way to get ice cream when they were stabbed.

Link to Article & Video

Senseless. Hope they catch this animal soon. Stay safe NY.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Just further proof that you should never send your children anyplace unattended. 6 and 7 going out alone in New York to buy ice cream? Definitely requires a chaperone.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: centhwevir1979
Just further proof that you should never send your children anyplace unattended. 6 and 7 going out alone in New York to buy ice cream? Definitely requires a chaperone.

And thats proof that something is very wrong with law enforcement!

If law enforcement worked properly those children would be able to go buy an ice cream without any need of a body guard!

Law enforcement has nothing to do with protecting citizens, its much more about enforcing statutes that bring in the money!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
How awful. I would never send children that young out alone but certainly no one expects them to be assaulted with a knife. That is one sick man who needs to be caught quickly and hung in the public square.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Childhood is over in so many parts of the US.

If the police feel the need to shot a suspect during an arrest, here's a good candidate. I suspect, if caught, he lives 20 years in jail then gets out.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

And thats proof that something is very wrong with law enforcement!

If law enforcement worked properly those children would be able to go buy an ice cream without any need of a body guard!

Law enforcement has nothing to do with protecting citizens, its much more about enforcing statutes that bring in the money!

You're right!
All elevators should come equipped with a police officer. So should EVERY street corner; every grocery store and parking lot; every school classroom, and every store in every shopping center!
Every bank should have at least one for every teller!
It's obvious that we need more law enforcement officers to control people and keep us safe- not stricter laws to keep criminal people out of society!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with law enforcement. It has all to do with the #ing scum bag who I hope pays the price. Whether be the streets or in jail this guy will see his maker soon. He won't last long if he goes to jail and they find out he killed an innocent child.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This is horrible.

We have a problem at the society level when this crap happens.

It doesn't matter the weapon. It's the person wielding it.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

According to the video, the children were playing outside their apartment building, and were going in the elevator to go back to their apartment for ice cream. But yes, I agree - don't let your very young children go anywhere you can't see them.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Why is everyone blaming the parents?????

Aren't children allowed any freedom at all anymore. Must a parent be holding their hand every minute of every day until they are 18?

Think back to your own childhoods - were you not allowed to play in the backyard alone at that age - or within certain well-defined borders?

The parents are probably blaming themselves enough as it is.

Why don't you just put the responsibility where it belongs - on the man with the knife!!!!

Good god - do we need to put our children in bullet proof bubbles now in order to be considered good parents?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
This is horrible.

It's called rampant mental illness.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

originally posted by: grey580
This is horrible.

It's called rampant mental illness.

I agree
Reprobate's are becoming more and more common. We live in a society of perversion and do what feels good.
No one believes in anything anymore. It is not PC to be proud of anything, and don't dare mention GOD or be verbally assaulted. When people have nothing to believe in they care about nothing.
Our education system is a joke, our economy is in the tank, and perversion is rampant. Mix it all up and you get perfect mix for rampant mental illness.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
disgusting.

Wish I could say I am surprised by this violent stabbing but I am not.

However, I am shocked that they actually gave a description of the suspect.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daz3d-n-Confus3d

We live in a society of perversion and do what feels good.
No one believes in anything anymore. It is not PC to be proud of anything, and don't dare mention GOD or be verbally assaulted. When people have nothing to believe in they care about nothing.
Our education system is a joke, our economy is in the tank, and perversion is rampant. Mix it all up and you get perfect mix for rampant mental illness.

Mental illness has been around for a long, long time. People have been killing strangers for no valid reason for a long, long time. I'm not convinced that there is any more mental illness than before -- I just think we hear about it more on 24/7 news.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Its called turning your back on God.
How many families that go to church on Sunday raise children that shoot op a schoolyard?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
frightening to consider how many random psychopaths might walk past us in the street every day. this maniac should be thrown off a cliff.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: VforVendettea

How many families that go to church on Sunday raise children that shoot op a schoolyard?

Lets be honest, you don't mean god, you mean the Christian god since I can't think of any other faith that celebrates the sabbath on sunday. Which is fine, it makes a shorter list to sift through if I can skip over Muslim, Buddhist and Jewish mass killers.

Jim Jones was a Christian with his own congregation. Only a handful of those fine Christian folk walked away from Guyana after he was pretty successful at killing the vast majority of them.

George W Bush was a Christian who is responsible for at least 1 million Iraqi civilian deaths.

Yoweri Museveni, president of Uganda, is a Christian.

Milenko Trifunovic, Brano Dzinic, Aleksandar Radovanovic, Milos Stupar, Slobodan Jakovljevic Branislav Medan and Petar Mitrovic, Nikola Jorgić, Bosnian Serb convicted of genocide, are Serbian Orthodox Christians.

Christopher Columbus was a Roman Catholic.

The U.S. presidents who waged genocide against the Native Americans were all Protestants.

Lyndon Johnson and Richard Nixon, who were responsible for mass murders in Vietnam, were Protestants.

Captain Ernest Medina, who ordered the My Lai killings (but was acquitted in a cover-up), and Second Lieutenant William Calley (convicted but pardoned in a cover-up), who actually carried them out, are both Christians.

Soooooo... how's that religious superiority complex working out or you?

The crux of the problem is some people are just off the rez and there's no bringing them back. It has nothing to do with faith or a lack thereof whatsoever.

ETA another fine statistic, in the US prison system only .07% are atheists. Tat means that just over 99% believe in God.
edit on 3-6-2014 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: VforVendettea

Being religious doesn't prevent you from being a mentally ill killer.

Ed Gein was a mentally ill serial killer who was raised by a deeply religious (and probably also mentally ill) mother.

Gein was a serial killer who skinned his victims, exhumed corpses, and decorated his home with parts of his victims’ bodies. Human skin was used to make dust bins, furniture, and even clothes.

Gein was born in 1906 as the younger of two boys. He had a weak alcoholic father and a domineering mother who was deeply religious. He was said to be very attached to her. She taught them about immorality and the evils of women and sex and discouraged their sexual desires. He turned into an effeminate and shy boy.

www.dirjournal.com...

The BTK serial killer led a very religious life:

Dennis Rader blamed a “demon” that got inside him at an early age for the murders that terrorized the Wichita area for three decades.

Radar married Paula Dietz in May, 1971 and had two children after the murders began. They had a son in 1975 and a daughter in 1978. For 30 years he was a member of the Christ Lutheran Church and was an elected president of the Congregation Council.

tothewire.wordpress.com...

Robert Lee Yates:

Robert Lee Yates, Jr. (born May 27, 1952) is an American serial killer from Spokane, Washington. From 1996 to 1998, Yates is known to have murdered at least 13 women, all of whom were prostitutes working on Spokane's "Skid Row" on E. Sprague Avenue. Yates also confessed to two murders committed in Walla Walla in 1975 and a 1988 murder committed in Skagit County. In 2002, Yates was convicted of killing two women in Pierce County. He currently is on death row at the Washington State Penitentiary.

Yates grew up in Oak Harbor, Washington[1] in a middle-class family that attended a local Seventh-day Adventist church.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
So sad, all I can think about is never being able to cuddle my kids in their cozy pajamas on those cold nights and it chokes me up to think that the parent or parents will be without their child because of some lunatic...breaks my heart

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

My parents were Lutheran but I was influenced at an impressionable enough age by Star Wars where I though the Force was God. If you worship the dark side the universe gets worse If you believe in the light side of the force the world is a better place.
So tell me do I believe in the Christian God or not?
I don't care what they call it, just give your power to the good side.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join