It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange calls on my mobile/cellphone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It's probably nothing strange but recently I have been recieving calls that sound as though somebody is speaking under water. The calls last about ten seconds and are always from people in my contacts list . Whe n I return their calls they swear the havent called me . I contacted my service provider to see if they were experiencing problems or if anybody else had reported similar faults , but it seems mine is an isolated case.

Has any else experienced something similar ? For the record I am in the UK and I use Three Network.

EDIT.....
Found the exact sound
www.youtube.com...

Regards
edit on 3-6-2014 by Gideon70 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I get something like screeching static sound

Are you on ee by any chance??

Edit: misread the last part
edit on 3 6 2014 by Thefarmer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Gideon70

Your friends are playing a practical joke on you? How many friends from your contact list has it been? multiple or just a few jokesters?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Thefarmer

Hi yes thats the kind of sound i am experiencing . To me it sounds like somebody speaking under water but much higher pitched . For the record , its definitely nothing like a Fax tone

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Possible but not probable as the calls are random and from contacts who don't know each other

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I had a strange series of events happen to my phone recently. Me and my roommate were watching TV, both phones on the table. Then our phones called each other at the same time. He clicked off his phone and I picked up. It went to his voicemail. His number called again, when it went to voicemail it was not his. He turned his phone off. Now a number called that was a landline my phone did not know. Again voicemail. I live in the us and I have AT&T my roommate has Verizon. I was completely confused.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Just had to look on YouTube to see what 1 sounds like, I've never used one

But no that's definite not the sound I hear

I only hear it every couple of days or so it's not a consistent problem so I just put it down to a crossed signal or something

Or mi5

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyosaurus

Very strange indeed . Was it ever resolved ?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Butt-dialed, maybe (or do you say "bum-dialed" in the UK
)
or perhaps "purse dialed"??

The phone might be in the person's pocket or in their handbag, and your number (being on their contact list, or being on their "recent calls" list) was maybe dial by accident, either by the person's bum , and that's why they may sound muffled/underwater.

Note the time next time it happens, and ask the person who called you to look back on their calling history to see if they inadvertently called you. I know I've called my wife accidentally sometimes like that. When she calls back and asks if I called her, I tell her I did not, but when I look back through my phone's log, I see that I did. Most likely I put it in my pocket without locking the screen, and it dials my wife from my recent call list.

edit on 6/3/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Found the exact sound . Take a listen

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People
One of the calls was from my girlfriend who showed me her call log and sure enough there was no recorded outgoing call to me at that time .

Im not ruling out the culprit being a virus

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gideon70

www.youtube.com...

WOW...that made my skin crawl....sounds like insects chittering to each other....

Des

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Agreed.
Its even more unnerving when it happens in the middle of the night .

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It never happened again so I didn't look into it. I've had the gargle underwater sound, but I attributed it to bad connection. Honestly I'll chalk it up to a strange situation which we may never solve, and more than likely stems from a benign software glitch. But you never know these days

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Yupp that's it

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I thought it sounded like the alien chatter that was being picked up by the baby monitor in the movie, SIGNS, with Mel Gibson.

There seems to be a pattern to it somewhat, as well...

edit on 6/3/2014 by BendingTheTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BendingTheTruth

Your comment freaked me out.

Yes there definitely seems to be a pattern to it , but then the Youtube poster could have looped the sound to extend it.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

It's not counting down is it? Maybe I have the wrong movie (Independence Day) and they are using our cell phone satellites to coordinate the attack...

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

It's probably nothing strange but recently I have been recieving calls that sound as though somebody is speaking under water. The calls last about ten seconds and are always from people in my contacts list . Whe n I return their calls they swear the havent called me . I contacted my service provider to see if they were experiencing problems or if anybody else had reported similar faults , but it seems mine is an isolated case.

Has any else experienced something similar ? For the record I am in the UK and I use Three Network.

EDIT.....
Found the exact sound
www.youtube.com...

Regards

Read the novel "Cell." It's about hackers or something that sends a signal to all communications devices worldwide, instantly severing higher functions from base instincts. People of course turn into almost zombies and then start linking up in a hive-brain-like format. It's quite interesting, maybe the systems are becoming self aware and have read the book?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I think i would prefer the problem to be caused by a virus, as becoming a zombie can play hell with a persons complexion lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join