It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sukhoi T-50 begins weapons integration

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
What it all amounts to is that Russia has the tools at it's disposal to deny NATO air superiority for a short while. Enough time to move some ground troops a few hundred kilometers and to bring up some of those fancy-schmancy s300 & s400 SAMs to protect them when NATO counter punches. Certainly not a cut and dried victory over NATO, but I don't think that would matter much to Poland, FInland or the Baltics.
edit on 6-6-2014 by Orwells Ghost because: Spelling & such

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
One of the T50's caught fire shortly after landing:

Aviationist

Interesting that they said this will have no effect on the testing program. Looks like it burned pretty good to me. I would think they might want to have that figured out......just a thought.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
thats the thing with russian tech, its all good on paper but when it comes to building them it all kinda goes to #.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman
Most development fighters have a crash or 2 by the time they are IOC. They have 5-6 of these, so its not a huge setback.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

It'll hurt them short term, because they lose an airframe for testing. But long term, unless it turns out to be something major, it won't hurt the program much.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Take a real hard look at that picture.

What leaps out at you straight off the bat? The extensive damage on the rear left hand side? the upper portion? or the radiation warning? (no, look again, I didn't mean the nose cone)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Astr0

Closer look at the side in this thread:

www.sinodefenceforum.com...

edit on 10-6-2014 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

One of the nice things about a phased array is being able to put a couple T/R modules pretty much anywhere.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Has it been mentioned which engine the burned aircraft was running? Seen speculation on another forum (From a native Russian) That this aircraft may have been running the newer one?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: _Del_
One of the nice things about a phased array is being able to put a couple T/R modules pretty much anywhere.

Indeed. I was wondering if any one else was going to pick up on that.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Pretty sure, you'll find a few more modules in the beaver tail eventually if they havent already. There are supposed to be five arrays planned in total.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join