It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange phenomena happened yesterday in the coast of Venezuela

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
last earthquake registered was on may 31 not to far from there.

www.funvisis.gob.ve...

I would guess is related to shallow waters and high atmospheric pressure in the area, Venezuela is under a drought similar to the other time this happened

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

A 3.4 Earthquake, as I can see.

Well this is weird.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ivar_Karlsen
a reply to: Rezlooper
We were told by geologists and volcanologists that whatever it was it wasn't related to eartquake, volcanic eruption, land slide or any heavy object falling into the water as that would have created a tsunami with violent displacement of water.

Well then, that's strange indeed if all those things have been ruled out. If that's the case, I kind of like Kosmicjack's idea of an underground ocean and they were seeking equilibrium. What else could it be other than a giant UFO lifting out of the Caribbean and it took a few hours for the equilibrium to take place.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper---->What else could it be other than a giant UFO lifting out of the Caribbean and it took a few hours for the equilibrium to take place.

Well, a burst of communist pull from Cuba was suggested (among other things)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Godzilla wake up after eons, thirsty he drank Enough water to lower the level 4 meters, after a few hours nature run its curse and it urinated the ingested amount restoring the level.

Pleased of the return to normal, locals happily bath in the urine Godzilla left.

nah I'm going to stick to my idea this is atmospheric in nature

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Nothing over there

edit on 3-6-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Weird.
How about a huge pocket of methane escaped from a local cavern underneath the ocean, and filled with a massive amount of water.... then refilled with methane (from whatever source, I have no idea) pushing the water back out into the ocean?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I'm curious, did the previous event happen to have any major earthquakes on the S American or Caribbean plates afterward? If so, maybe it's akin to the plate hitting a snag & thus an elevation change & water receding.

I'd go the same way you are ... but question is wether any earthquake is actually necessary.

The ground can move, especially in the ocean floor which is much thinner and newer. I'd actually ask if there were any events involved that suggest lavaflow retreating at the ocean floor.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

The coast of Venezuela has huge amounts of natural gas for sure
edit on 3-6-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Anybody checked the moon?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: symptomoftheuniverse
Huge storm off the coast, opposit of storm surge? Storm drain perhaps?

sounds like the most sane theory. An event of that size is needed for a slow motion water displacements like that
edit on 3-6-2014 by Richardus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
Either way thats a massive amount of water that was temporarily displaced!!

That is exactly my first thought.

Massive is most likely an understatement.

4 meters is 12 feet of water table, times the entire volume of the area of that ocean. ( mind blown )
edit on 3-6-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Richardus

NOAA does not show a storm around

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Could a asteroid cause this if it's big enough? Not hit, I mean a fly past close to earth

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Que paso chamo!!!! Good to c a fellow country man on here. i thought i was the only Venezuelan here :p

Hope we can str8en out our beautiful but corrupt land one day

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Lifeishigh

It seems there are a few here, also some not native but that live in Venezuela too

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hurley moved the Island again.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
USO pilots had to flood their newly build underwater-hangar...

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
What about a big underwater sink hole?

Perhaps something gave way and temporarily caused a big drop in sea level in that area until it filled itself up with water?

Kind of an odd thought, but then that is a very odd situation. Something like that would of sent me scrambling to higher ground had I seen it.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It was the undersea entrance to the alien lair.
When their ufo fleet was departing, the massive entrance hatch opened, which is a mile wide, and the ufo's left. A huge amount of water was sucked in causing the effect seen here.
Simple really...

ETA: ive just been told it was the Agarthians replenishing their inner earth ocean

edit on 3/6/14 by SecretKnowledge because: Received information about our inner earth cousins

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
It was the undersea entrance to the alien lair.
When their ufo fleet was departing, the massive entrance hatch opened, which is a mile wide, and the ufo's left. A huge amount of water was sucked in causing the effect seen here.
Simple really...

ETA: ive just been told it was the Agarthians replenishing their inner earth ocean

Not sure if serious or trolling....

Anyways, a sink hole, underwater cavern, etc opening up would make sense for the receding water, but I think the bigger question then is what prompted it to "return to normal" so to speak. I kinda like the idea of some underwater methane/gas bubble, 'tis certainly possible. At least as possible as a giant UFO hanger.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join