It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eerie photograph I took, analysis needed.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+56 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Hi guys,

I have been a member here on ATS for a long time. Those who know me, know I am not one for bs or hoaxes. I haven't been on ATS for a long time, but after seeing this photo I took, I decided to bring it here exclusively. Now, I am not a pro photographer, but I am also no amateur. I am a very big photography hobbiest, and take thousands of pictures.

The following image, I captured when I was doing some seascape shooting. It is is no way altered, and straight from the camera. There are 2 images preceding this one, and 2 after it. All taken within a matter of 30 seconds from each other. Only on this one image, does a very strange thing show up.

I also have the image as a RAW .tif file. With exactly the same artifact on it. It took me a while to post this here, since I was not sure if I should. I don't need ridicule, or crying "hoax" etc etc. I bring this image exclusively here for analysis. Out of thousands of images I have taken, this is the first image I ever took, with this type of thing on it. I know all about long exposures, and resulting effects. There was no one or nothing in my shot. My lens was clean, no reflections, was taken late afternoon on a cloudy day.

So please have a look at it, and discuss. Please note, exam the picture anyway you want, but it stays copyrighted to me. If any further pictures or files are requested, just let me know.

VVV

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Creepy. Sort of looks like a face.

I'd like to see the images shot immeditaely before and after this one before I would take a crack at it. Settings would also be helpful Looks to be a longer exposure...did you use an ND filter or any filters??

Thanks for sharing!

edit on 3-6-2014 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I see the shape of a person, kind of facing to the left, looking out into the water. When zoomed in I kind of see what looks like a second pair of legs, but I can only make out the shape of the legs and nothing else.

Very intriguing. I can't wait to see what others have to say about this one.

edit on 3-6-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Looks like the outline of a buxsom lady,... with no head :-|

I'm thinking technical issue, but really have no idea.

I believe you btw, hope you get some useful answers

SnF

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Here is a crop of the artifact in question.

vvv

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: OpenEars123

Thank you. For me it rather looks like a young boy. If it is a technical issue, I have no idea what could cause it.

vvv

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Here is a crop of the artifact in question.

vvv

Noticed it right away! Definitely looks like the shape of a person. The proportions are exact and unmistakable.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Hi, the Exif data is available, and I can post it. It was a longer exposure indeed, no filters used though.

vvv

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
S&F!

Here is what I see ...

Maybe two ghostly surfers who drowned or were eaten by sharks?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Here's the artifact with added contrast & reduced gamma:

That's a very humanoid-looking figure on the left, but on the right? Almost looks like a small ostrich, but for the extra legs, lol.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Ah, if this was a longer exposure, is it possible a guy & his dog walked into the frame, stood still long enough to show, then walked off? If they were moving fast enough before & after, they could have left no trailing images. Was your attention diverted away from the scene long enough that this could have happened?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzCory
but on the right? Almost looks like a small ostrich

Was thinking the same thing, but felt too silly to say it. Either a big bird like an ostrich or a small dinosaur-like shape (either way, bird-like.) Now I feel silly, but that's what I see.

Pareidolia or not for the ostrich, but I see the person standing in swim shorts very clearly.

edit on 3-6-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
its a long exposure that someone has moved into.
how long was the exposure?

we used to play with this in photography at school (back before your new fangled digitals!)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzCory

Not possible mate, I would have noticed.

Here is the images taken, seconds before and after the one in question.

If there was anything in the frame, it would have showed on the others too.

and that was taken, maybe within 10 to 15 seconds. I usually take many pics of one scene, so later I can pick the best one.

vvv

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: okamitengu

Indeed, long exposures might cause this, IF someone moved into the frame. It was my first thought too, but after reviewing the other pics, and well, just knowing no one was in my frame, I would have to throw that one out.

But, as can be seen on the before and after shots, they are clear. I certainly would have noticed if someone was in the frame.

Further, my camera was on a tripod, so camera shake can be eliminated.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   

It looks like a dog to me... but it also looks like the outline of a person.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Hm, such distinct images, & yet not someone wandering into a time exposure. The only other possible explanation I can think of (barring random glitches) is that your camera caught a fine mist of sea spray, from a wave hitting the rocks. Upon its surface was the shadow of a man & dog further away along the shoreline.

I know that's really reaching, & almost feel that next to this, the "ostrich theory" seems almost sensible by comparison.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzCory

Lol, I know what you mean mate. But believe me, it took me a while to post this pic. I first tried to figure it out on my own, and elimanated possible possibilities, thinking of all the things I could. But I could not find a possible explanation. Hence, my post here.

The thing that gets me, is the other shots, before and after this one. It shows nothing. Just my frame.

But hey, thats why I brought it here, in the hope of finding an answer.

Maybe, just maybe, it is something unexplainable.

vvv

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzCory
Here's the artifact with added contrast & reduced gamma:

That's a very humanoid-looking figure on the left, but on the right? Almost looks like a small ostrich, but for the extra legs, lol.

I actually didn't see the figure until these enhancements. The figure on the left does look like a young man. And he appears to be wading in the surf. The image to the right could be another figure. But it's not as clear.

The best explanation is that it's an artifact of a long exposure. Such ghostly images are fairly common in long exposures.

However, given the current state of photography, it's hard to imagine any "ghost photo" that couldn't be explained away in one manner or other. For this reason, when it comes to "ghost photos", we have to depend on the veracity of the photographer and any corroborating evidence.

But it's a wonderfully eerie image. Whatever its source.
edit on 3-6-2014 by Moresby because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-6-2014 by Moresby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
How deeps the water where the figure is stood?
Nice image by the way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join