It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You had Contact with an Alien?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
So what these skeptics do is pretend - pretend that if the results of scientific experiments don't match what they want it didn't happen - so I'll repeat a few quotes from my previous post.

"Telepathy Has Been Scientifically Proven to be Real"

"Today, using modern experimental methods and meta‐analytical techniques, a persuasive case can be made that, neuroscience assumptions notwithstanding, ESP does exist. We justify this conclusion through discussion of one class of homogeneous experiments reported in 108 publications and conducted from 1974 through 2008 by laboratories around the world. Subsets of these data have been subjected to six meta‐analyses, and each shows significantly positive effects. The overall results now provide unambiguous evidence for an independently repeatable ESP effect. This indicates that traditional cognitive and neuroscience models, which are largely based on classical physical concepts, are incomplete.

"More than 50 authors have reported successful replications from laboratories across the USA, UK, Sweden, Argentina, Australia, and Italy, and the reported effects have been reliably repeatable for over 30 years. In addition, a team of avowedly skeptical researchers led by Delgado-Romero and Howard (2005) successfully repeated the ganzfeld experiment, and they obtained the same 32% hit rate estimated by the meta-analyses."

This is the first paper I’ve seen where the researchers flat out say “it’s been proven.” Tressoldi, Storm and Radin are all senior psi researchers with a great deal of experience in the field and judging by previous literature, they do not take this statement lightly.".

See complete article here:
weilerpsiblog.wordpress.com...

These skeptics have been around for a long long time - they would have assured you back in the days of Galileo that he was mistaken as all the science of the day knew the Sun revolves around the Earth. And of course today they will assure you that communication with aliens is not possible - after all all reasonable people know aliens do not exist.
And aliens keep asking: Is the myth of human intelligence more than just a myth?

"French scientist Charles Richet (1850-1935), wrote in his "Traite de Metapsychique", in 1922, "Do we have any right to claim, just because of our limited senses and our mistaken intelligence, that man is the only intelligent being in this immense cosmos?...That other intellectual forces, different from us, exist is not only possible but extremely probable. It is even certain...It is absurd to claim that we are the only intelligence in nature. The existence of these beings has not yet been proven, but the probability of their existence is evident."
edit on 4-6-2014 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

These skeptics have been around for a long long time - they would have assured you back in the days of Galileo that he was mistaken as all the science of the day knew the Sun revolves around the Earth.

Believers in mythical beings and unseen forces had him incarcerated however.

And of course today they will assure you that communication with aliens is not possible - after all all reasonable people know aliens do not exist.

No, they will assure you that it has not been shown to be true. Reasonable people know the evidence for aliens doesn't really exist.

as far as your "Telepathy Has Been Scientifically Proven to be Real" , If there is data to be analyzed, there is data to be analyzed. Whining when someone analyzes your data and finds something different is whining about something and not science. The article is basically a whine and not real informative.
edit on 5-6-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I'm going to put aside my own personal experience and base my comment completely on the Harvard study. The most irrefutable evidence is how identical stories of abducted people can get but one in particular is they all lose 2 hours of time and it's two hours specifically. One would think a multitude of people having figment of their imagination experiences would not experience the same experience.

edit on 5-6-2014 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Here is a brief biographical sketch of David Jacobs, Ph.D: [The lecturer shown in the above post]

"David M. Jacobs, Ph.D. is Associate Professor of History at Temple University specializing in twentieth century American history and culture. Dr. Jacobs began researching the controversy over unidentified flying objects in America in the mid 1960's, and has amassed over 35 years of primary research data and analytical hypotheses on the subject. Since 1973 Dr. Jacobs has continued to devote most of his professional and personal energies to researching the UFO phenomenon in general, and the abduction phenomenon in particular. Having conducted over 750 hypnotic regressions with over 125 abductees, Dr. Jacobs is one of the foremost UFO abduction researchers worldwide. As a result of his extensive primary research, he has developed the first scientific typology of the abduction experience."

See whole article here:
www.ufoevidence.org...

Interesting, Associate Professor of History at Temple University and a PH.D. Makes me wonder what kind of credentials these repetitive, robot like debunkers have - They are like the 'Energizer Bunny' give them anything alien and they keep repeating the same 'can't be, no solid evidence, can't be no solid evidence, can't be no solid evidence', over and over again no matter what evidence you give them - I have a theory that some of them may have been abducted and can not get over the experience so they are obsessed with saying it's not possible.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
And for alien contact of the third kind this book should be of interest and can be downloaded for free:

ALIEN INTERVIEW

I'm sure that almost all of you are familiar with the famous Roswell, New Mexico crash of a UFO in 1947; how it was first mentioned in a local NM newspaper then covered up for decades. There was a rumor that one of the ET crew members lived through the crash, while the others died.
The following, ALIEN INTERVIEW, is an excerpt, the interview portion of a book of notes by an Air Force nurse, Matilda O'Donnell MacElroy, who spent almost every day with that alien until it was given a shock treatment to immobilize it. The book was compiled and edited by Lawrence R. Spencer. I have not sent you the entire book because I am concerned that its full size might clog up your computer. It sure slows mine down.
The entire book may be found online here or purchased at: www.alieninterview.org
The book is well over 300 pages and includes a great deal of information researched and written by Lawrence R. Spencer, which adds much to the book if you have the time and interest to read it.
I am sending this book excerpt to you because I feel it has a great deal of truth in it (although NOT 100% truth) and what Airl and Matilda say will certainly stretch your imagination and open your mind to "unlimited possibilities". That's what I will always attempt to do. It also explains a lot of questions we might have had about a LOT of things, including Mars, the Pyramids, Lemuria, Atlantis, etc.

Quote source and first interview:
telepathy.insights2.org...
edit on 5-6-2014 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

[NOTE: BOOK HAS BEEN DISPUTED AS BEING A HOAX - AND WAS PUBLISHED AS 'FICTION']

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
@OP,
thank you very much for starting this interesting thread, S&F.

The discussions and perspectives shared between the members are very interesting and informative.

My 2 cents:

MY PERSONAL ET CONTACTS
When i had my first ET contact during an OBEE in August 2011 i was very irritated and overwhelmed. During this OBEE i visited a spaceship, met human looking ETs and received some information related to the history of mankind.

The number of contacts with ETs increased afterwards but contacts switched more and more to a telepathic communication in waking state.

In the beginning I had big resistance against these experiences and struggled to accept this. I have a background in computer science and physics and my experiences simply didn't fit to my materialistic view of the world.

Over the time i've learned more and more about the background of all this, why they have contacted me and that there is a much bigger picture behind.

I also have learned that there a different ET species which started to get into contact with mankind.

The type of contacts with mankind include direct (physical and/or visible) contacts, contacts during dream state, contacts during OBEE and telepathic contact during sleep and waking state.

TELEPATHIC CONTACTS WITh ET
Conscious telepathic contacts in waking state increased significantally during the past two years.

As i have learned from the ETs telepathic communication is "universal" between different species and - as one member already has described above - is based on communication on "consciousness" level, not on "physical brain" level.

I absolutely can understand that many people have difficulties to understand and accept telepathy (and similar paranormal experiences) because our science does not have explanations, yet.

Even more and more scientists working in the field of quantum physics recognize that we*re on the way for a paradigm shift from "matter over mind" to "mind over matter" the materialistic view in science still is dominant.

The ETs tell that telepathy is fundamental in universe and any "consciousness" is able to communicate telepathically. (By the way: the communication of psychics with decedents is also based on telepathy, for example).

Since telepathy allows exchange of thoughts, emotions and senses and even complex concepts independent of a (brain based) language (and indepenedent of time and space) it is the preferred communication method between different species.

One member asked for at least one science based study on telepathy. I'd like to add the following reference to the other postings, the article is unfortuneately available in German only.

I think a web translation should help to understand the interview with the scientist Prof. Dr. Günter Ewald:
Prof. Dr. Günter Ewald

It contains some information and corresponding references on the current state of scientific research also in the field of telepathy.

ET CONTACT - EXPERIENCES WITH TELEPATHIC COMMUNICATION
Some member probably will stick to their opinion: "Telepathy does not exist" and this is absolutely fine.

Other members might say: "Well, telepathy is a "believe" or "not believe", I'm neutral on this".

But possibly there are some members saying: "Ok, I'm open for a new experience. If i would get into a telepathic contact with an ET, if i would experience this by myself, than i would rethink."

And actually there is a possibilty for this kind of experience.

Since February this year there have been run several world wide "telepathic events". Many thousand people from all over the world had participated since then and many people had made their own telepathic contacts with those ETs during these events.

If anybody is interested in this, just have a look on this website: Telepathic contact

The next event is scheduled for next Sunday. There is no registration required, no costs - it is free and open for everybody who is curious and would like to experience the contact with ETs personally. Some of the participants also started to post their experiences live during the event and still visible on the a.m. web site.

There are information freely available in many languages on the background of the ET contacts, the procedure to get in telepathic contact and the telepathic events itself...

REASON THE ETs WANT TO GET IN CONTACT WITH US
Well, we're in the preparation stage.

It is the preparation for the next step...

Alfred

edit on 5/6/2014 by Alfred2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418
a reply to: draknoir2

I like that...ask for some research; then condemn it when it is provided. You should at least read the material before you decide that it is of no merit.

This is why you appear skeptical; you have no foundation upon which to analyze anything...read, learn...deny ignorance.

I didn't ask for "research". I asked for one example of Unity99's claim that university studies have proved that telepathy and/or RV works. She provided none. I responded with a study by the government that shows RV does not work. You responded with an article from a psychic blog which referred to the guy who developed the test Peter Venkman used at the beginning of Ghostbusters. I responded with facts - his results were never reproduced and his methodology was flawed. You also provided a link to some guy's self-promoting website that showcased his own "scientific" paranormal papers. I pointed out that this hardly counted as a peer-reviewed journal. You then whined about my questioning of your sources. Alienview then provided a link to an article in a "psi blog" that claimed "Telepathy Has Been Scientifically Proven to be Real". I pointed out that it referenced a study that did no such thing.

To be honest it didn't take much of an investment of time to find problems with what was posted, and if you and others were truly interested in seeking the truth you would have already done the vetting before posting. But that's not your intent, is it? Ideally you would like to just make unsubstantiated assertions and have the readers agree without question. When challenged you will moan and groan, then begrudgingly toss out a blurb that does not prove your claim and hope that the masses are dazzled by your "research". When called out on that you will cry and whine that no amount of "scientific proof" will satisfy the skeptics.

edit on 5-6-2014 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

I didn't ask for "research". I asked for one example of Unity99's claim that university studies have proved that telepathy and/or RV works. She provided none.

Yes I know...that is part of the issue with many folk not unlike yourself. But you see the problem is that you didn't ask for research, or indeed anything connected to the conversation. And, in all probability, asked specifically for something you already knew would NEVER live up to your artificial expectations.

You, just like my 19yo make a statement; when it is responded to you attack the semantics, language, and any other aspect in your feeble attempts to refuse the learning process.

So, the research does not live up to your artificial standard...and you allow that to inhibit learning...

All I ever "see" you doing is inhibiting learning, and the worse is that you try to inhibit other people's learning.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Interesting, Associate Professor of History at Temple University and a PH.D. Makes me wonder what kind of credentials these repetitive, robot like debunkers have

That is the only easy question; None...for the most part these "debunkers" and "arm chair" skeptics have no real education; no degree in anything, with the possible exception of "Master's" degrees in "knee jerking".

I see it in almost all debunker types; they set up their own artificial standard, without any care for convention (scientific or social)and attempt to "rule" from this...non-existent place of authority.

Then they actually have the temerity to demand truth.

The real misfortune is that any serious research we can do is reduced to a mockery of science by the application of the debunkers "courtroom" tactics...i.e. reduce the whole to an argument. a war of words...just like two lawyers arguing, neither knowing want they are talking about, neither accepting the other's witnesses.

This of course leads to absolutely NO progress, no learning.

edit on 5-6-2014 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

Interesting, Associate Professor of History at Temple University and a PH.D. Makes me wonder what kind of credentials these repetitive, robot like debunkers have

That is the only easy question; None...for the most part these "debunkers" and "arm chair" skeptics have no real education; no degree in anything, with the possible exception of "Master's" degrees in "knee jerking".

I see it in almost all debunker types; they set up their own artificial standard, without any care for convention (scientific or social)and attempt to "rule" from this...non-existent place of authority.

Then they actually have the temerity to demand truth.

The real misfortune is that any serious research we can do is reduced to a mockery of science by the application of the debunkers "courtroom" tactics...i.e. reduce the whole to an argument. a war of words...just like two lawyers arguing, neither knowing want they are talking about, neither accepting the other's witnesses.

This of course leads to absolutely NO progress, no learning.

YES, well said. Any scientific evidence or research that does not fit the debunker paradigm is false and they expect you to only accept their very limited research. What makes them tick? If they don't believe in the UFO/alien phenomena why are they so obsessed with disproving it? Who are they working for? Is there in fact 'an alien agenda' that they are trying suppress? Do certain interests be it government or private groups want to keep the public ignorant? Why?
Or the worse case scenario, Are the negative hostile aliens [reptilians] real and scared of exposure and are using these debunkers to accept ignorance?

My best advice to those of us who are interested in the alien/UFO subject is to skip over them. You know who they are and you already know what they are going to say, so why bother reading it? Best bet is to pay no attention to them and maybe they will go away. For better or worse however the alien phenomena is here to stay.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
So what these skeptics do is pretend - pretend that if the results of scientific experiments don't match what they want it didn't happen - so I'll repeat a few quotes from my previous post.

Is it really too much to ask for peer reviewed scientific results from a non-psy institution when its claimed that telepathy is proven in the lab?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: conundrummer

Is it really too much to ask for peer reviewed scientific results from a non-psy institution when its claimed that telepathy is proven in the lab?

While it is truly unfortunate, it is also partially true. We don't live in an ideal world, and sometimes we are cursed with not being able to get the "kind" of data we want...our only recourse is to use what data is available, and try to find alternative method of validation.

Science actually provides us with ample tools for this, though, in reality very few "pseudo-skeptics" or debunkers will accept many of the powerful and valuable tools...some of them involve probability and of course that is never "definite". The problem with their argument is that it is the nature of the Universe to be far more probabilistic than absolute. Thus "absolutes" tend to not truly exist, and are replaced with high probabilities and good confidence levels.

But, it should be a "given"; we will not get the data we want! (in 40+ years of software engineering, and 15 years of data analysis / management design; it has never happened).

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Alfred2012

Deliberate contact with beings who abduct and terrorize people? Do you think it is safe to go near these beings or trust what they say?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnPassant
a reply to: Alfred2012

Deliberate contact with beings who abduct and terrorize people? Do you think it is safe to go near these beings or trust what they say?

First EnPassant that is not always the case; some have benign contact and find it enlightening; And then again in the cases of 'beings who abduct and terrorize people' apparently and according to the victims they [the victims] had no choice in the matter - and as we were discussing in the John Mack post [ www.abovetopsecret.com...] that is one reason Mack decided to take up the issue and is probably one of the first investigators of recognized prestige to sympathize with them and to validate many of their claims. Like I said, debunkers not withstanding, the alien phenomena is not going to go away by pretending it is not happening.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Interesting, Associate Professor of History at Temple University and a PH.D. Makes me wonder what kind of credentials these repetitive, robot like debunkers have - They are like the 'Energizer Bunny' give them anything alien and they keep repeating the same 'can't be, no solid evidence, can't be no solid evidence, can't be no solid evidence', over and over again no matter what evidence you give them - I have a theory that some of them may have been abducted and can not get over the experience so they are obsessed with saying it's not possible.

A history professor would be the go-to guy for all things extraterrestrial... cuz having a Ph.d implies expertise in all areas, complete credibility, and infallibility in all endeavors, past, present, and future.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: libertytoall

Thanks for this facinating video. It's the answer to the debunkers but they just won't listen.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

But how do we know what these beings are saying is true? All we have is their word. Have you listened to the Jacobs video posted above? He says, at the end, that their agenda is secret so they are not going to spill the beans and when they do talk we cannot know if they are telling the truth. They hold all the cards in this respect.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alfred2012
During this OBEE i visited a spaceship, met human looking ETs and received some information related to the history of mankind.

The number of contacts with ETs increased afterwards but contacts switched more and more to a telepathic communication in waking state.

In the beginning I had big resistance against these experiences and struggled to accept this. I have a background in computer science and physics and my experiences simply didn't fit to my materialistic view of the world.

Over the time i've learned more and more about the background of all this, why they have contacted me and that there is a much bigger picture behind.

Do you mind disclosing any information regarding this?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

If they don't believe in the UFO/alien phenomena why are they so obsessed with disproving it? Who are they working for? Is there in fact 'an alien agenda' that they are trying suppress? Do certain interests be it government or private groups want to keep the public ignorant? Why?

You just said a mouthful there. These thoughts have crossed my mind and I've asked these questions before as well. Sometimes I wonder if those who fit this mold realize that the nature of their stance, often vehement, comes off as such. It's one of those things that makes you go hmmmm.
edit on CDTThu, 05 Jun 2014 18:30:52 -0500000000America/ChicagoJunAmerica/Chicago525230pm by TrueMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: libertytoall

Great video, thanks, it has given me clarity on my own experiences, worth watching.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join