It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA blasts Open Carry Texas after San Antonio incidents

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImaFungi

So carrying a gun everywhere isnt an irrational fear, but shooting someone I see with a gun who I think will shoot me is?

Well, yeah.

There are several steps in between a gun existing and your life being threatened with said gun.

If you can't see that I believe that's textbook irrational.

ir·ra·tio·nal
adjective \i-ˈra-sh(ə-)nəl, ˌi(r)-\

: not thinking clearly : not able to use reason or good judgment

: not based on reason, good judgment, or clear thinking

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

What if its dark out and they are wearing a hood, and they are walking around my neighborhood and I see a glimmer of a gun on their person, can I shoot them then?

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ImaFungi
No.....

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere

I love this. Okay, I train cops. Trust me? I don't have a uniform though.
As someone who has trained plenty of cops would you be surprised if I told you they're largely terrible shots and awful under stress? Far worse than the average gun owner who fires recreationaly.

How many of those cops, especially in smaller departments, barely touch their firearm for practice aside from the times their department mandates that they have to qualify with it? I'm sure you have a better idea than I do, but probably more than many people think or want to admit to themselves.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

But they look like they are up to no good, I feel very threatened. I think im going to follow them and shoot them, this is ok right?

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

a reply to: thisguyrighthere

What if its dark out and they are wearing a hood, and they are walking around my neighborhood and I see a glimmer of a gun on their person, can I shoot them then?

Nope.
First be black wearing a hoodie.
Second forget the gun, carry skittle and ice tea.

Those appear to be prerequisite for killing someone walking around at night.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996
Assault and battery. That is why he was shot, not because he was black, or carrying skittles and ice tea......

But they look like they are up to no good, I feel very threatened. I think im going to follow them and shoot them, this is ok right?

Only police are allowed to shoot people for feeling threatened. Normal people have to have a legit fear for their life, unless you are dealing with an intruder in your home.Seeing someone armed is not a reasonable excuse to shoot someone. Unless they are pointing it at people, in the comission of a crime, being armed does not mean someone can just shoot you.

Seriously, I hope you are just trolling or being a smartass and don't really think like that..... If that even counts as thinking.
edit on Sat, 07 Jun 2014 18:06:32 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Fair enough, I should have worded that differently. You have every right to comment here, just like everyone else. I just didn't like the way you were falsely describing these guns. I believe that if the OWNER of the said business/restaraunt dosn't want guns in their place of business, that is their decision and everyone who carries should be respectful of their wishes/rules, which I would say ,MOST responsible gun owners would anyway.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: waltwillis

a reply to: waltwillis

The entire reason there is the need or right to carry again is because the lack of trust in people. If someone is carrying a gun, I should have the right to shoot that person, because I will feel threatened and endangered, by the fact that they can potentially harm me at any time, this is simple self defense. I dont trust people that carry guns in public, so I should be able to shoot them as m self defense.

It is your choice to be stupid and if you have an unreasonable fear of another person with a gun, and then decide to kill them, you won't last long.

At some point you may want to seek help with your irrational fear from a professional.
There is hope as I have heard that they found a cure for stupid, but it is anthrax, and they still have not found a cure for that.

May I invite you to my old neighborhood and drop you off and have you "try" to return on foot back to where I'll be waiting?
It will be your option to carry a gun or not...
All I ask of you is to be given the name of your next of kin!
To all the normal people on the forum I will be taking bets on how many blocks this joker will get before he reaches room temperature!
I'll pay for your flight but not your funeral expenses.

That may get rather expensive as you may not be an easy subject to find and put all the pieces back together.
Please say yes so you can prove to me that you were dead right!

So carrying a gun everywhere isnt an irrational fear, but shooting someone I see with a gun who I think will shoot me is?

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

As for your other point, cops have been trained in the use of their weapons. They're cops you see. They have a uniform.

I love this. Okay, I train cops. Trust me? I don't have a uniform though.
As someone who has trained plenty of cops would you be surprised if I told you they're largely terrible shots and awful under stress? Far worse than the average gun owner who fires recreationaly.

I know, right. Just blows every stupid falsehood you held true out of the water.

But that's okay because you'll just ignore this reality and go on pretending cop=special superhuman.

Oh, to compound their severe lack of practice and poor ability they also carry equipment that is designed to make them even worse shots. See: The NY Trigger

This moronic faith people have in cops is absurd.

I have also trained cops, soldiers, and civilians including retired FBI and CIA officers and can say the you are so very correct about them not being very proficient on the range or in the field.

The last time I checked the percent of wrongful shooting incidents were about 3% for the general public and 11% for the average police officer.

I bet this Fungi of a person believes that a cop has the duty to protect the individual person.
As a cop I could only scrap up what was left of the victim and try to apprehend the perp.

What a shock that must be to the fool fungi!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: Onslaught2996
Assault and battery. That is why he was shot, not because he was black, or carrying skittles and ice tea......

Only police are allowed to shoot people for feeling threatened. Normal people have to have a legit fear for their life, unless you are dealing with an intruder in your home.Seeing someone armed is not a reasonable excuse to shoot someone. Unless they are pointing it at people, in the comission of a crime, being armed does not mean someone can just shoot you.

Seriously, I hope you are just trolling or being a smartass and don't really think like that..... If that even counts as thinking.

If you can only shoot an intruder, whats the point of open carry?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I did not say you can only shoot an intruder.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I did not say you can only shoot an intruder.

Whats the point of open carry if you can only shoot someone who has a gun, if they are pointing it at you, sounds like it would be too late by then.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
What's the point of not and not even having a slight chance? I am hoping you don't have any guns lol... Or better yet, why don't you do yourself a favor and sign up for a CCW or defensing shooting course. You will have all your answers and then some, if the instructor can put up with you

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

a reply to: TKDRL

You are starting to sound like a cop wanabe.
Unless you have some kind of death wish, I would leave to police work to the police.
Join the neighbor watch program and work with the local P.D. in your hood to learn about the "Use of Force" rules.
If you pass the training regarding the legal use of force you may be allowed to carry a weapon.
It sound like you have much to learn...Good luck!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

What's the point of not and not even having a slight chance? I am hoping you don't have any guns lol... Or better yet, why don't you do yourself a favor and sign up for a CCW or defensing shooting course. You will have all your answers and then some, if the instructor can put up with you

I had only failed one person that had taken my CCW class and Fungi would have made it two!
I would love to see him go through the Police academy...Car 54 where are you!
I just hope this guy is having fun with us and is not a stupid as he sounds.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: waltwillis
I raised two adolescent girls, taught them to take care of guns, shoot, and some H2H self defense. They never asked that many seemingly dumb questions. I am hoping that it is an act or troll or whatever too. It seems like common sense stuff, but then I was raised with guns and knives and swords, and chainsaws, and skill saws etc etc. I am not the most patient man in the world, that is why I am not an instructor to people other than family lol.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
If you're exercising your gun rights in a menacing and intimidating fashion than that definitely would be counterproductive to gun rights... and should be denounced. Crazies need not apply!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UngaBungga
See, that is opinion. Define "menacing and intimidating fashion". To city folks that would be nothing more than having a gun. Around here, that would mean shooting innocent people. Different strokes, for different folks. And city folks keep pushing their insecurities onto us, through asinine statewide laws.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
Source.

The NRA on Friday called the Texas group's open carry displays in restaurants “weird,” “scary,” “counter-productive” and “downright foolishness” in a blog post on the NRA's Legislative Action website.

It must take a really special kind of gun owner to be denounced by the NRA.

You can carry your gun...just don't do it in a large group and show up to places where no one expects you to do so.

Yeah, It's their right to do what they did but you need to show some common sense also. I understand the point they are trying to make but their shooting themselves in the foot (no pun intended).

I conceal carry EVERYWHERE I go, even into establishments that are posted "no weapons".

Nobody knows I have it and it stays concealed. The ONLY reason it would be taken out is if someones life was in danger. If that happens and they want to charge me with the "crime" of bringing it into their place of business then so be it.

I DO NOT carry my M1A , Mini-14 or AK-47 on my back and go into McDonald's to order a burger. It's not illegal to do so in the town I live but it would be just ignorant. The ignorant people would freak out just as much if they knew I carried my Sig P226 under my jacket or maybe the Kel-Tec .380 in my shorts pocket but they don't know.

Contrary to most people's beliefs on here, A guy don't walk into McDonald's concealed carrying his sidearm to order a burger for lunch and look up at the menu AND JUST FREAKING SNAP AND GO PSYCHOTIC and start shooting people.

A CRAZY guy who has serious issues loads his gun, goes into the place of business WITH THE INTENTION of killing people........hell, he probably wasn't even hungry.

Huge difference.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join