It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cats, Peacocks, Snares and Mad as a Wet Hen

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Although the land owned by redhorse would be too expensive to fence off, it can be done. I have fenced my garden to be catproof.
I have wooden fence panels and I have placed brackets along the top angled inward at about 45 degrees. I have then attached chickenwire to the brackets all the way along the top of the fence. The chickenwire is about 2 feet wide. It is physically impossible for cats to get over the chicken wire because they can't climb it due to the backward angle. Hope this makes sense!

The only slight problem is that it makes my garden look a bit like Stalag Luft 15!

Reply to Butcherguy

edit on 4/6/2014 by iskander683 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: iskander683
Are you the member that lives on some island, like the Outer Hebrides or something?
I remember a thread, thought maybe it was you that made it.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: iskander683
Although the land owned by redhorse would be too expensive to fence off, it can be done. I have fenced my garden to be catproof.
I have wooden fence panels and I have placed brackets along the top angled inward at about 45 degrees. I have then attached chickenwire to the brackets all the way along the top of the fence. The chickenwire is about 2 feet wide. It is physically impossible for cats to get over the chicken wire because they can't climb it due to the backward angle. Hope this makes sense!

The only slight problem is that it makes my garden look a bit like Stalag Luft 15!

Reply to Butcherguy

It does make sense and in theory if we reconfigured things a little bit we might be able to do that. For the most part where we really need the cats is the acreage around the house and barn (about 8 - 10), and we could just leave the back 20 acres or so mostly fenced the way that it is (save the fence line that runs near the house). We could just build on a lot of what we already have and what you are describing sounds like it might be a good deer deterrent as well. It would need to be pretty sturdy to keep the horses from just tearing it down though. Normally I would just run a hot wire through but a sharp reminder to a horse might kill a cat. I will have to think a bit.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: iskander683
Are you the member that lives on some island, like the Outer Hebrides or something?
I remember a thread, thought maybe it was you that made it.

I sometimes wish! No, I'm a city dweller which is why I can afford to catproof my garden and keep my little nuisance within its confines.

<< 1   >>

join