It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremely haunted types of locations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Are there any types of locations places that are more active than others?
Like lighthouses,prisons,mental wards,hospitals,battlefields,etc

It seems some areas are more active than others especially if its around high quartz containing stone or moving water.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

Now its interesting you should ask..I sense a great topic on the horizon and will get back to you shortly, meanwhile S&F.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I'm not responding to mock you, seriously….but me. location, location, location. I seem to be extremely haunted the last several years. lol

But, seriously, quartz and water, both as I recollect from school many years ago, seem to have special properties as conduits….
Tetra

edit on 2-6-2014 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
places built on rock on hills. Energy flows through the earth there. A high stone building on a hill near an underground spring can also be good.Running water also has energy.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Gettysburg. I had an experience back in 1963 that still blows me away. Full blown hallucination/vision at high noon. It was like being back in the battle itself. I imagine any battlefield would be the same way. Whether it's residual emotional charge, a question of frequencies and being 'tuned' right at the time, or what, I don't know. But hoo, Boy! Unforgettable.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The stronger the emotional energy experienced/stored there, by the more people, the more actively haunted it will be. So think battlefields, cemetaries etc

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman
Are there any types of locations places that are more active than others?
Like lighthouses,prisons,mental wards,hospitals,battlefields,etc

It seems some areas are more active than others especially if its around high quartz containing stone or moving water.

Others have said the land stuff, which I didn't know about but I can speak a bit about the building/structure that is haunted.

Places where there is a lot of emotions like fear & hatred have a good chance of being haunted like mental wards, hospitals. Places with a lot of history of deaths can also be a hot zone like castles, battlefields.

I can sense some spirits in my local hospital, it's old enough & there has been violence in this community for spirits to be angry enough to linger at the hospital.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Well, the Chickamauga Battlefield sees some activity, int he form of battle noises in a certain area (near a creek, I think). I have family members who have heard them, though I haven't personally. The battleship Texas is also pretty creepy. I have been on it, and felt VERY uncomfortable in some places. Family has done the same, and my brother actually talked to a fellow that knew the history (thin he served on it), and said the uncomfortable areas are places people died. My nephew, who is autistic, didn't want to even stay on board AT ALL.

So, I do think some places attract more evil spirits. Places where a lot of bad happens are likely locations for demons to gather.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Could you possibly elaborate more on your 1963 Gettysburg experience? That's where I live and I am just interested. I haven't had any experiences with this kind of thing since I've been here but I know people who have.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I've always wondered why none of the Nazi death camps have become famous for being hyper-haunted locations. If anywhere would be haunted to hell, you'd think that a place with that much pain and horror and raw evil would be throbbing with paranormal activity.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NorEaster

You might find this article interesting.

The paranormal experiences at these camps dangle before us like some ghostly carrots, and none more than those at Auschwitz in Poland. Consistently referred to as one of the world’s most haunted locations, people report feelings multiple cold spots while wandering the fields, a sense of dread and sadness overcomes them as they enter the gates. Some even claim to feel the hands of apparitions hold onto their own as they walk through what was once the children’s centers or the gas chamber. People burst into tears upon entering and cannot contain themselves until hours after they leave. Some claim that birds do not enter the camp, and in the rare times that they do, they do not sing.

And yet, to this day, no professional paranormal group has ever conducted an investigation at any of the camps from World War II. Despite Auschwitz and other camps being the wet dream of a paranormal investigators, we stand back out of respect for all the lives destroyed, the people who survived and the families still reeling from loss

www.thecontrarianmedia.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
a reply to: NorEaster

You might find this article interesting.

The paranormal experiences at these camps dangle before us like some ghostly carrots, and none more than those at Auschwitz in Poland. Consistently referred to as one of the world’s most haunted locations, people report feelings multiple cold spots while wandering the fields, a sense of dread and sadness overcomes them as they enter the gates. Some even claim to feel the hands of apparitions hold onto their own as they walk through what was once the children’s centers or the gas chamber. People burst into tears upon entering and cannot contain themselves until hours after they leave. Some claim that birds do not enter the camp, and in the rare times that they do, they do not sing.

And yet, to this day, no professional paranormal group has ever conducted an investigation at any of the camps from World War II. Despite Auschwitz and other camps being the wet dream of a paranormal investigators, we stand back out of respect for all the lives destroyed, the people who survived and the families still reeling from loss

www.thecontrarianmedia.com...

I did read that yesterday, since I went out looking for any paranormal accounts associated with those camps after making that post statement. I actually can understand the visceral reluctance to explore those locations. Still, you'd think that museum curators and such would be bathed in paranormal activity on a continuous basis. Then again, I believe that "reaching back" by those who've passed on is a culturally inspired effort, and I would have to do some research into the proclivity of late 19th century/early 20th century European Jews to embrace that sort of thing as either commonplace or even possible. It's true that there are certain cultures that experience a lot more paranormal activity than other cultures, and as far as what I've learned over the years, it takes being raised to believe that you're (at least) capable of a specific activity for you to ever be capable of that activity. I would imagine that this is also true once you've crossed into the eternal realm. If those generations of European Jews rejected the notion of afterlife activity within the material realm, or associated it with evil, then those locations would be pretty barren of such activity regardless of all other contributing factors.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Two very haunted and eerie institutional type places:

1. Alcatraz Prison - I took the Alcatraz tour several years ago, and it is so heavy with the feeling of evil that I couldn't wait for the tour to finish. The prison history is interesting and all, but surrounded by the mental unhappiness, pain and hate from the past was too much for me. I couldn't filter the feelings at all. As someone with a lifelong interest in exploring the paranormal I really thought it wouldn't be a problem going there, but I couldn't handle it...

I will never go to another prison after that experience (well at least voluntarily, lol). Imho would not recommend prisons if you are the least bit psychic.

2. Vicksburg Military Park, Vicksburg, Mississippi - largest burial site of Civil War Union soldiers.
The day we were there it was chilly and very foggy. The gently rolling hills and small hollows combined with the fog, give the place a very spooky landscape.

It was late afternoon when my husband and I were climbing a path over one of the small hills near a memorial with several canons. At the same time we turned toward each other and said "...did you hear that?". We both heard the sounds of horses trotting and a voice that sounded like "Move those men now!" Very cool experience. Vicksburg felt sad, but not evil.

So, battlefields yes, prisons NO!

Nice thread, OP.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Cemeteries. Sometimes when people die they are still attached to their bodies and they hang around .. for a long time. I've had some of my strongest experiences in cemeteries. (I'm a taphophile).

top topics

join