It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tentative baby steps into ATS - saying hello

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Hi, I am new here. I have known of this website for a while but have not signed up till now. Everything I have seen and heard about ATS tells me it is a great place to meet the kind of people I would like to get to know, as well as a place to discuss interesting ideas, opinions and news.

I have resisted the call to sign up for a number of reasons......

1. it seems addictive and I simply don't have time to spend hours here, which I know would end up happening if I am having fun here (which I expect will happen)

2. the scope of topics and interests is HUGE and somewhat intimidating and

3. it is a bit overwhelming seeing how well some members get on with each other and I feel a bit like the outsider trying to intrude into private conversations. I will be absent from the site for long periods of time and that makes me worry that, if I don't respond quickly to replies or questions, then other members will feel that I don't want to acknowledge them which will appear rude.

and

4. ..... never mind (there is a 4 but maybe when I know you better....)

So there are the reasons I took so long about NOT being here, but I have run out of excuses now. As I said in my title line I am making baby steps towards getting to know people here. Looking forward to getting to know you.

A bit about me - I live in the UK, near London, but I was born and brought up in South Africa. Apart from the rubbish weather, I have settled very happily in England, because I am one of those really blessed people in life who has found their soulmate and ended up happily married. I don't want to go on about me too much at the moment, but I guess as I get comfy here more of my story will come out.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
hello, i too am relatively new here, with a whopping 3 stars!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Mura44

Warm Welcome to the ATS family. I look forward to meeting you in the forums.

Des

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

3. it is a bit overwhelming seeing how well some members get on with each other and I feel a bit like the outsider trying to intrude into private conversations. I will be absent from the site for long periods of time and that makes me worry that, if I don't respond quickly to replies or questions, then other members will feel that I don't want to acknowledge them which will appear rude.

Not worth worrying about. Not responding in a timely manner is the lowest form of rude here, and everyone does it.

If it helps, I'm new here as well. We can begin this journey together...

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS Mura fear not you will settle in in no time , just pick a subject you're into and head on over to the forum , most people are friendly and those that aren't don't tend to last long.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Welcome!

Would you like the red pill or the blue pill?

You should understand the analogy, if not you will in short order.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I will be absent from the site for long periods of time and that makes me worry that, if I don't respond quickly to replies or questions, then other members will feel that I don't want to acknowledge them which will appear rude.

Naahhh…welcome to the site.

If you don't answer till later say, sorry for the delay.

If you're rude say, sorry for the hay.

if you don't want to respond… don't.

No ones going to think worse of you for being you.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Welcome, jump in with both feet, never take anything personally and always try to have fun! Just an aside, when did you leave SA, recent or years ago? I still have friends in Joburg, Durban, Capetown, PE, Pretoria and Nelspruit.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Hello Mura44!

You'll find around 100 forums here, covering everything from Ancient Civilizations to Breaking News to Political Events and much more. All are welcome and everyone can contribute equally, so please come right in and make yourself at home!

For now, you are only able to post to existing threads or, if you need help, send private messages to Staff as well as the Complaint and Suggestion form. Once you've contributed some posts to threads around the site, you'll be able to make your own threads for others to enjoy.

There are also a few threads you'll want to look over as soon as you get the chance. They are important and helpful too!

Terms and Conditions / Reaffirming ATS Policies

Using the Features of ATS / Avatar Upload Instructions

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First.

Frequently Asked Questions Of All Kinds!

More tips, tricks and help can be found in the Freshmen's Forum or Board Business & Questions forum.

Remember, Enjoy Yourself!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedmoonMWC

Welcome!

Would you like the red pill or the blue pill?

You should understand the analogy, if not you will in short order.

At the risk of being taken as a drugs reference; take both pills, it will be one hell of a trip.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Hi welcome.

I'm a noob 2 and I'm still trying to figure it out.

The tribe seems friendly enough.

It's fun just don't lose yourself.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Welcome to Chaos!

And greetings once again !

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Okay, wow! Thanks for the welcome, I already feel less intimidated! It's nice to realise (well doh!) that I am not the only newbie and we will muddle along together.

Dave, I left SA 8 years ago, not for politics or jobs, but because I was fed up with a long distance relationship which had reached the point of do or die. Long distance relationships, for all their romance and excitement, suck in real life. As it turns out .... well I am still here so I guess it turned out okay in the end

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
just jump right in and get your feet wet, don't let them tell you it is bad.

pbs.twimg.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS Mura44! Glad you decided to sign on.

You'll be fine, this is a friendly place. Look forward to reading some of your posts.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

G, day mate. Dont sweat it we have all been new here at some time.
re your location yes I understand. we all have personal problems.
but it will be ok we forgive you and you are welcome out here in the colonies.
We have a thing out here called sunshine.
you, ll bloody well luv it
oorroo pronto

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: pronto

G, day mate. Dont sweat it we have all been new here at some time.
re your location yes I understand. we all have personal problems.
but it will be ok we forgive you and you are welcome out here in the colonies.
We have a thing out here called sunshine.
you, ll bloody well luv it
oorroo pronto

Welcome, and watch out for pronto mate. He has a 'bung' toe from kicken rear ends. Ex pongo an all. Likes SLR's. Me I like these. Have one on the house. Leastways I can cook.

Bally

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

G, day bally
Watch him murra. Cooking. Humbug, that sausage sanger is burn offerings on cardboard and as I keep telling everbody stick to steak mate its safer lol

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: pronto

Carefull of pronto mate. He has a 'bung' toe from kicken rear end but otherwise he's 'true blue'. Bit suspicious that you's come from places with the anacronym S.A.

Here's a pic of me and 'pronto' I'm the handsome one.

Regards,

Bally

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I was really nervous at first too. So many great minds and better debaters! You will get used to it. Just don't let anyone slam you too hard. Big egos can be verbally abusive. Hold your ground and know that Des is just around the corner with a bacon pie or something. I'll watch your back too, even being a newbie myself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join