It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homefront: The Revolution .. Open World Guerilla Warfare FPS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Two reasons to be exited ...
1: It's being made by Crytek so it will look awesome.
2: It's reported to be an open world FPS with player actions effecting the world.

One reason to be sad , 2015 release which could always slip to 2016.
I haven't played the first Homefront yet but will probably check it out in the coming weeks , I remember when it was launched everybody commented on how short the single player campaign was so I gave it a miss but at a bargain price it may be worth a look.
According to the little information that's being released the new game is set four years after the first game and Crytek have done away with the linear levels.

"We're using the power of the CryEngine to create a living, breathing ecosystem," said Salim. "We've got procedural day-night cycles, dynamic rain and weather effects, we've got a rich, emergent AI system."

This isn't meant to be a static world either, but one that reacts to the player, according to Salim. "This is dynamic, evolving open world where everything that the player does affects the environment around them and the people that inhabit this world."

The major promise is "guerilla warfare in an open and evolving world", although we got the impression as the presentation came to a close that this environment wasn't quite ready for a full unveiling.

But Homefront The Revolution is off to a strong start nevertheless. What we saw looked technically impressive, as you'd expect, the story has potential, and the promise of hard-hitting guerrilla warfare in an open, living environment is indeed exciting. Whether there's enough here to separate it from the Modern Warfares and Battlefields will be the key question.
www.computerandvideogames.com...

In the hands of other developers I'd be sceptical but Crytek are a special dev in my opinion and I fully expect this will be a special game when it's released hopefully sometime in 2015.

edit on 2-6-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The first one was great but way to short of a campaign, they made up for it in multiplayer. It's very cheap now (under 10 bucks) so you can't go wrong with buying it. It is not open world so this looks awesome!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yeah your Crytek is good. I mean just look how well done the Crysis game's are. "Prophet is on the move."

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shepard64
The first one was great but way to short of a campaign, they made up for it in multiplayer. It's very cheap now (under 10 bucks) so you can't go wrong with buying it. It is not open world so this looks awesome!

Homefront is awesome. I'm not sure I like the futuristic twist they've put on this iteration, but I guess we'll find out if it's any good. Looks cool and sounds cool, at least. The multiplayer will make or break it.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
The original Homefront was interesting, but lacked a lot. Just when you got going, and things were looking up, "BAM!" it was over.

The multiplayer was heavily flawed, for many months. Between aimbot hacks, and cheaters, it was hardly a "fun" experience.

The story line, tho, was thought provoking. And for all intents and purposes, it was a good game.

It certainly made you feel something, and experience something. Considering the "game area" was close to my home, that was something, in and of itself.

This second installment, looks promising. If they can achieve what they promise, on the story-side of things.. I will be impressed. I am not a huge fan of "multiplayer", considering, there are too many that exploit and hack.

Promising indeed....

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
There have been many stories of late about problems at Crytek with staff not being paid and departures from the studio so I suppose this shouldn't really be a surprise , Crytek have sold the Homefront IP and it would appear the studio creating it to Koch Media for an undisclosed fee.

Crytek has issued a statement which suggests its UK staff and studio have been wholesale transferred to Koch. It did not specifically state that its Nottingham business will be shut down, nor did it mention the UK when listing its active development hubs. The company was unavailable for comment at the time of going to press.

In a prepared statement, Crytek said: "On completion of the proposed acquisition, the Homefront team from Crytek's Nottingham studio would transfer their talents to Koch Media in compliance with English law and continue their hard work on upcoming shooter, Homefront: The Revolution. Both parties hope to finalise and implement a deal soon."
www.computerandvideogames.com...

Hopefully Crytek can restructure and continue on and Koch can deliver the Homefront game we are all waiting for.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Deep Silver have today announced that Homefront: The Revolution is still alive and is being developed by Deep Silver Dambuster Studios , the game has an expected 2016 release date for PC and current-gen consoles.

“We are excited that Deep Silver’s acquisition of the Homefront IP and assets from Crytek has allowed development of Homefront: The Revolution to continue with minimum disruption. The team here believes we are working on something truly special.”
www.dsogaming.com...

Only time will tell if the initial promise of the game will be achieved by the new studio.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

WTH that is so cool....

I wish I still played video games. Damn thats hot. I hope my friends get it and I can play it at their houses. I may gift it to someone I love so I can play it until my fingers bleed.

damn.

edit on 3 13 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
The first Homefront is my all time favourite game, and I've spent a lot of time on FPS games, 900hrs+ across two specific titles. The trailer looks phenomenal and I love how it takes the aspect of 'We'll do anything.' God I can't wait for this game. I haven't bought an XB1 yet and I'll basically just wait until this is out, and buy it on day one. Can't wait dammit! xD

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
A new trailer and single player gameplay for Homefront : The Revolution shown at Gamescom 2015.

new topics

top topics

join