It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Mile Long eruption of Liquid Sand + stored CO2 @ Fracking operation in Colorado

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: schadenfreude

Dutchsinise is the one that reported on the global earthquake that happened on 12/21/2012 that iirc, actually tiled the earth's orbit by 3 degrees.
No. There was no global earthquake on 12/21/2012 and the no global earthquake did not tilt the Earth's axis.

But he's the one who proclaimed that planned burns constituted an absolute earthquake threat.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

He's the one who said there was a volcanic eruption in southern California.
edit on 6/2/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Dutchsinise is the one that reported on the global earthquake that happened on 12/21/2012 that iirc, actually tiled the earth's orbit by 3 degrees.
No. There was no global earthquake on 12/21/2012 and the no global earthquake did not tilt the Earth's axis.

But he's the one who proclaimed that planned burns constituted an absolute earthquake threat.

He's the one who said there was a volcanic eruption in southern California.

the great & mighty phage visits my humble thread! welcome.

two provisos however; you're correct, it wasn't 2012 it was 2010. two, it did in fact tilt the axis by 16cm and was, for all intensive purposes, global.

notice the date.

axis proof

ETA: i would've given you dutch's actual vid, but apparently you can only go back so many years before its no longer an option.

~shrugs~
edit on 2-6-2014 by schadenfreude because: cause

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

two, it did in fact tilt the axis by 16cm and was, for all intensive purposes, global.

No. It did not tilt the Earth's rotational axis 3º or 16 cm. It shifted the Earth's figure axis (not the rotational axis, not the tilt) an unmeasurable amount. 17cm is a calculation. Beth Harris is a meteorologist not geologist. She got it wrong. Here is the correct explanation:

The calculations also show the Japan quake should have shifted the position of Earth's figure axis (the axis about which Earth's mass is balanced) by about 17 centimeters (6.5 inches), towards 133 degrees east longitude. Earth's figure axis should not be confused with its north-south axis; they are offset by about 10 meters (about 33 feet). This shift in Earth's figure axis will cause Earth to wobble a bit differently as it rotates, but it will not cause a shift of Earth's axis in space—only external forces such as the gravitational attraction of the sun, moon and planets can do that.

www.nasa.gov...

If, by "global", you mean it was detected on seismometers all around the world you're going to have to include a lot of earthquakes in that category. Any thing above about 7.0.

edit on 6/2/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

well i can only go by what i read from ppl that have decent reps online. I'm neither a geologist or meteorologist, (nor do i play one on tv) so i guess i stand corrected.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

well i can only go by what i read from ppl that have decent reps online.

Dutchsinse has a rep alright.
That doesn't mean he's right.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

oic. and you're the rep police huh?

okey-dokey.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

oic. and you're the rep police huh?
If only.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It's some guy on the internet so it is probably BS. Getting CO2 into the fracking doom, good work.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

edit on 10000001111America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I read an article recently CO2 fracking is not done yet. They were looking in to it to save water supplies but there is huge problems the industry hasn't figured out yet. There isnt a gas turbine that can produce enough pressure but its a strange idea from Europe. There thinking that we can capture CO2 from coal fired plants and to lower global warming. In the article they said another decade at least. Problem is it goes from a liquid to a gas at the well head. And pumping gas does nothing in fracking.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

It is a neat theory but you can see the where the side of the mountain fell, and he completely avoids talking about that.

We all are basically having to take his word for what the USGS supposedly said in a town hall meeting. I am a huge skeptic of anything on the internet, so I don't think he presents enough evidence that is it high pressured sand. He has a video from a news organization, but no samples, and no one testing the samples.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

This was from a mudslide caused by days of rain, not O&G drilling.

www.thedenverchannel.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
A Frack-Cano.

I wonder how much integrity the area below the weakness on the surface retains.

Maybe we'll get a Frack-Cano with actual roasting hot liquid rocks spewing from it someday.

People who can't claim certainty of the consequences of what they do really shouldn't be messing around with things like the earth's crust, not even considering effecting aquifers and such.

For some reason the old coal mine fires of old come to mind...

Just my mind meandering around....

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
You can also see the helicopter go over the forming lake in the shadow at the top of the slide, caused by what looks to be a fairly large waterfall going down the hillside. So their reasoning to remove the folks downhill is smart, safe, and sound. The landslide in Oso Washington had nothing to do with this or any kind of fracking as well. It was caused by record rains, the Stillaguamish river undercutting the bank, and clear cutting the hill above. This is a landslide. This is not a fracano.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
Injecting CO2 into wells is NOT fracking.

The term for injecting CO2 in wells is CO2 flooding if used in oil wells or Geologic Sequestration if used as part of carbon capture and storage.
water.epa.gov...
water.epa.gov...

Fracking is used in gas and geothermal wells not oil wells.

There is a big difference but the neo-luddite environmentalist could care less because they don't want ANY oil or gas drilling.
en.wikipedia.org...
I work in the oilfield and this statement is false. Fracking is indeed used in oil wells. All you are essentially doing is fracturing the formation open to allow more oil to come in. It opens up the oil zone.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Thank you for the excellent report. I work hauling frac sand and I did not know that the sand could erupt that way. I do hear of events like this from other drivers. Some things go unreported out in the countryside. It is hard to get drivers to work in western Colorado.

Our economy and security benefits greatly from the oil production. There are risks involved. The engineers do not deliberately cause harm. It is a very expensive operation and a lot of time and energy is spent on safety.

On the bright side I have not heard of a single instance of the deli truck causing any harm.
Please continue to keep us informed.

Cowboy Up!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join