It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archetypal myths and universal truth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Btw here is the documentary

vimeo.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JokerThe1st

Hey, thanks a lot for your links to sources!!

I've been intending to do a bit more research into Sumerian and Egyptian information.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: drivers1492

oh awesome!! The link I found was unavailable in my country. Going to watch now!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: JokerThe1st

Hey, thanks a lot for your links to sources!!

I've been intending to do a bit more research into Sumerian and Egyptian information.

Not sure if this is of topic or not. For those who have researched Sumerian/Annunaki and all who have an opinion. Is there visual evidence/pictures about Michael Tellinger:s laser precision mine shafts existing in South Africa being hidden from the public that would fit the Annunaki gold mining theory in South Africa?

I say it is a plausible theory that Annunaki genetically changed us to homo Sapiens Sapiens but would like a lot of physical evidence to support it.
. The funny things is that if this is what happened in a way both the genesis and the evolution based thinking is a correct story on what happened.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Your welcome, it was blocked for me as well. I have also located a full pdf of the book in question. Was a bit of a pain to find one I could dl but if anyone would like it and could recommend a good upload site I will link them to it.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: drivers1492

Yeah, I'd like the link to the pdf. Those are awesome - when a current copyright can be found online in entirety. It happens more and more now!!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I sent you a link for my dropbox upload you can download from there. If you can't for some reason let me know.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Well sadly after scanning through some of the book and looking through source material it's another book referencing other books on the same subject and not direct textual material. Hopefully it will have a bit more substance as I go through it. Thanks again for the share.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

It is possible, but at the same time there is a difference of translation relating to the Annunaki. the earliest reference i can find using that term is - Myths of Babylonia and Assyria by Donald A. Mackenzie. A PDF should be findable online. Published in 1915.
Annunaki is translated as either ''Earth Spirits'' or "those who from the heavens came to earth" the latter is based on Z.Sitchin's work which i tend to disagree with.
The other version of these paticular Gods is
Anuna which translates as ''Those of Royal Semen.''
One of the tablets of Sumer does indeed speak of why man was created and it was to relieve the Anuna gods of their toil as such. i cannot remember which one off the top of my head but its there. if i recall correctly is does not give exact detail as to the nature of the toil the Anuna Gods where fed up with.

I personally have seen no evidence about south Africa being involved but that does not mean it is not out there.
Also evolution and genesis are indeed very accurate it's all about how one views these revelations of truth.
Hope this helps somewhat

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

No problem, I am always happy to spread information. In doing so a better world might emerge

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I'm with drivers1492 as I'd like to see actual primary sources that back up these claims. I'm not against the idea of archetypes, in fact I'm greatly for it, and what your main idea for this thread is about I'm in general agreement with.

I was just reading something today about this, that other savior gods were just like Jesus, and he made the same statement that drivers1492 did. That these similarities fall apart when primary sources are examined. That usually it is a commentator quoting another commentator. I know that I rarely go through the source material myself.

With that I do believe there are many archetypal figures that predate Jesus, but I also think he was a real dude, and that all those that predated him were forerunners, types, and shadows of the full revelation of God, aka Jesus.

The Horus myth was carried over to Israel (see my sig thread) for sure, but was Horus ever a real person? and does his predating Jesus make Jesus a fraud perpetrated on the masses? For me, and like you are saying, we are all one. There is one truth that is given to all men, though it passes through the veil of our minds as a filter and is altered. So we see the same basic truth (seed) carried within misunderstandings (chaff).

So to see this truth pop up in our stories, myths, legends in different clothing is not surprising at all. And if we could see past our own version of The Story, that is based on our worldview, which is the veil we see through, the filter, and find the Seed, or the Gem hidden in the field, or the precious metal separated from the dross, we would realize that we are all "Sons of God".

The world will know that you are my disciples by this, Love one another.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: zardust

Well, I guess all we can know is that some people became experts at reading the heiroglyphics, and if you watch the docu that drivers put up, you can view the reliefs and other informational 'primary sources'. Whether or not Horus was a real person, I have no idea. Same with Jesus, although since childhood I've believed that the man Jesus existed, but was only another messenger of the same truths.

I think it's likely that either he studied with gnostics (and was one) while he was 'away', or that the church decided to attach the ancient myths to him AFTER he had died (IF he died).

Thanks very much for your response!!

One thing that I noticed (in the docu, I think) - was that the Gnostic Gospels seem to indicate that every disciple had to write their own version of it in order to be 'initiated.' Since those Gospels (rejected as heresy to keep an iron grip on Constantine's version of things as 'official') weren't written during Jesus's lifetime (NONE were, that we have, and many people think they are eyewitness accounts, but in fact, they are not - we have NO first century writings available to us.)

Also, the issue of whether or not the man Jesus was literate is in serious question (in my mind). Were they illiterate shepherds and wanderers? Or were they literate?

In any case, I agree with you. In my opinion, it doesn't really matter if Jesus or Horus were real people or not. It's not unusual for actual people to be retroactively fitted with 'legends' (like King Arthur). It's the message that matters, and I have no problem with stating that what Jesus reportedly taught was the SAME MESSAGE - you are all gods.

Take up the cross = realize this, walk in knowledge that your soul is immortal, and the flesh-life is but temporary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join