It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FarenHYPE 9-11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Rented the dvd and WOW.............Talk about first hand knowledge, talk about going right to the sources... Amazing...

You can find it at your local block buster...

This movie interviewed families that were in moore's 9-11 movie and they were so pissed off at him for stretching the truth and molding it to fit his agenda, a man who was in the army had his arm tore off and other had a prosthetic arm and he was saying moore said he was pissed off at the bush administration for putting him in an unjust war, ect.. He was fuming... it was just the opposite. (I know thats not a good example but it's the first thing that came to mind)

There is so much cool stuff in that movie... I'm not a republican but it's a rebuttal to moore's movie and you don't have to be a republican to watch it... It really is a good movie...

I HIGHLY recommend it...

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I haven't seen either movie but I'm glad to see that a Non-Republican took the time to view Fahreinhype! Michael Moore has distorted the truth is all of his books and movies so it's nice to see that people can read books (Michael Moore is a big fat stupid white man is a GREAT book!) and see movies that put Moore's 'facts' into perspective!

At some point in the near future I plan on renting both movies and watching them back to back. Should make for an interesting evening.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I've read some reviews on Amazon & was surprised to see character actor Ron Silver's name mentioned in connection with the film--I didn't know he was so political. Could anybody encapsulate for me what he talked about in the film, as I'm not going to be able to see this one for a while. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Just look around you, see whats going on, see what your gov is doing and tell me Michael Moore was spreading lies. I dont think so.

In fact he didnt cover everything in his movie. He could have done better at exposing all.

To each his own, but my eyes are "wide shut."

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I orginally heard about that movie in sept from this board....so i pre-ordered it online...got it....watched it twice...made such my friends (the anti-bush ones who loves frenheit911) watch it....liberals will be quick to dismiss it though as propaganda...so beware...but def. a great flick...

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
umm... Moore is a capitalist. Why did he put the stuff into the movie that he did? For media attention. What happens when you get media attention? People remember you and come to see your next movie... ANY publicity is good publicity.

I watched the 'making of...' Bowling for Columbine aired on the Sundance Channel before it came out in the theaters... I thought "hey, this might actually be decent", knowing that half of it was just acting and blowing stuff out of proportion, making fun of documentary films, bsically... yeah right! You know how many people I've had to tell that the bank scene wasn't real? You know how many people thought that it was a real-life documentary? You know how many people don't even realize that the actors are REALLY ACTING?!? I was so disgusted by the time it left the theaters I can't even watch it... the guy is a full-out bastard of true americans, IMHO!

I've read reviews on FarienHYPE 911... looking forward to seeing it, especially after viewing Alex Jones' "911: The Road to Tyranny"... some of you may call BS on it, but he presented alot better information that Moore did.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
So when will the rebuttal "documentary" of FahrenHYPE 9-11 be available, anyone know?

They are all lying to make their position seem more believable. I know Moore is twisting the truth but as far as I'm concerned I think it's good that someone takes the opposite side and asks the questions we otherwise might forget, or not dare, to as. Of course he should be called on whatever lies he tells, but so should all people in power. The imporrtant thing is that the debate is there, and people are asking questions.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
FerenHYPE-911 re-interviews the people Moore did...Moore lied...ALOT...HYPE proves it....its no spin...its the SAME PEOPLE SAYING WHAT THEY MENT...not what Moore cut and pasted to fit his agenda...

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I love his work, and consider him a genius at his craft. Heck, for Canadian Bacon alone I gotta love the guy.

But speaking as someone who admires his work, I must also say that there is no way in hell I would believe anything he says without carefully corroborating it.

It's not that I consider him a liar. Far from it -- I think he goes to great lengths to make sure he is factually accurate in his documentataries. What he does in presenting the facts he carefully selects, however, is where his talent comes into play.

To fail to realize that Michael Moore could -- and often does -- prove and disprove the same things in the same piece is to fail to appreciate his true talent. You can choose the obvious interpretations and assume you know what he's saying, if you like, but to do so is to miss most of the show.

How he presents information is at least as important as what he presents, and it is a very creative and evocative process. It is very deliberate and the process itself always contains messages of its own. That is what I love about the guy.

If a Michael Moore piece doesn't make you think for yourself, you didn't get it.

In my eyes, anyway, Michael Moore is the Lenny Bruce of documentaries -- redefining them while satirizing the genre while simultaneously making his own clever points, and in the most entertaining of ways.

But to take his work at face value? You must be joking!

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
He was on the jay leno show explaining how he wouldn't be put under the documentry section anymore so his films could go on tv...

And now what he's going to do is run for best picture and "editing" for an oscar...

Isn't that funny... editing... hmmm, moore, edit??? NOoooo....
I'm sure he'll take the cake for that....

ps: he also said his wife will be reading his speech if he wins......... I guess having your balls cut off from last time's speech really got his tail between his legs...

[edit on 2-12-2004 by TrueLies]

top topics

join