It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI issues nationwide alert for San Francisco man

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Yes. It never stated WHY he was under their radar. And the warrant is still sealed. The only thing I can think of as to why is the reference of the TOR network.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: concerned190
I agree.
Maybe they would have to give up some of their 'spying' secrets to disclose 'why' they had been watching.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

Appreciate the details! It does sound like maybe this is a case where there are probably other suspects, so they are keeping things close to the vest. Maybe some chat on one of the sites he went to was about more than poker. Site like that might be a place someone would use to have conversations they want to keep quiet.

That he took off as he did does make him look suspicious.

I wonder how dangerous the guy is.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: WanDash
a reply to: concerned190
I agree.
Maybe they would have to give up some of their 'spying' secrets to disclose 'why' they had been watching.

Now that's another consideration! I figured other suspects they don't want tipped off, but methods would be a reason as well. Even if legit and legal, they might want to keep all the details secret, so the methods still work.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: concerned190
It's a sealed warrant. And they still haven't opened it. Also they talked with Ryan at a coffee shop why would they not get him then. He wasn't running either. He was still in San Francisco at a bar. They said he had WMDs which clearly were not found.

I know a guy who was caught between a rock and a hard place...the gov and a big time criminal organization. The gov strongly suggested he cooperate...by turning state's evidence and saying something happened that really didn't...and all his troubles would disappear. Problem is, if he did that, he would have likely ended up dead from the criminal organization.

My point is...if Chamberlain met with the Feds and walked away...they were probably fishing for a bigger catch (maybe from his TOR experiences or maybe his SF politics connections) and hoping he would help. He obviously didn't and so they played their hand to squeeze him. He might help now....

edit on 6/5/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Here's another YouTube video about Ryan. youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I'd bet "someone" within a federal law enforcement agency read his suicide note on Hootsuite that he programmed to post automatically after he finished offing himself or carrying out whatever he planned to do. "They" checked out his prior browsing history and his time spent on TOR (which could obviously have a nefarious purpose like contacting the sorts of people one would consult when planning to build a bomb). "They" decided that the shady browsing history combined with what seems very clearly to me to be a "sorry for the crazy thing I did today that nobody saw coming" letter was cause enough to detain this guy.

They ignored the online insanity of Elliot Rodger and see what happened? Anyone with a suicide note programmed to auto-post should absolutely get attention from law enforcement. Anyone with a suicide note programmed to auto-post and a shady browsing history that indicates they may be planning to take people with them deserves A LOT of attention from law enforcement. It's easy to say that you can't grab someone who hasn't done anything but, had this guy actually killed someone, the entire nation would be whining that the FBI knew about him and did nothing.
edit on 6/5/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Here is more info. m.sfgate.com...
From the source
The FBI affidavit states that the investigation that brought agents to Chamberlain's home began with a larger probe of Black Market Reloaded, an online marketplace resembling eBay or Amazon where people bought and sold guns, bombs, drugs, chemicals and counterfeit goods.

People accessed the site using the Tor network, which conceals communications, and mostly paid with bitcoin, the anonymous digital currency.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join