It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI issues nationwide alert for San Francisco man

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: gorey
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

The article I read said that they found explosives in his apartment after a raid and that's why they issued the manhunt.

But why did they raid his apartment in the first place?

I didn't see anything about them locating explosives. Says they searched, but didn't see that they found anything, at least not in the article from the OP. "Suspicion of possessing" and they searched, but no search results. Did I miss a link to another article?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Here's what they found www.cand.uscourts.gov...
Go to pages 4 and 5

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: concerned190
Thanks for your continued work on this.
I think I'm going to disagree about what they found.
If, indeed, what is stated and described in the Affidavit, is correct...I have to wonder 'why' this rust-colored bag was out in the open.
Meaning - if his interest in these 'dark' matters was relegated to a year ago...("Hey - that was in the past and I'm over it!")...why was the bag in the kind of place that suggests 'recent' interest &/or access?
Likewise - If I had gone through the trouble to procure the items reported to be in that bag/case...and had configured them in the manner described......a year ago......and had 'changed my ways' to the tune of "I'm better now - Thanks Girlfriend for fixing me!"...why would I not have found a way of getting rid of this potentially life-ending device (rather than - keeping it in stroking/petting distance)?
On the other hand - if it was out in the open, like that...and, as the Affidavit claims - prior to being confronted by the FBI, Chamberlain had been seen exiting the apartment with a "known" female (I am assuming that this was the noted/mentioned girlfriend)...was she not aware of the bag &/or its contents?
One would think that it was sitting in the kind of place that would draw attention from someone who'd, apparently, spent the night... (?)
I would think - she will surely be one of the first to be questioned by the FBI in this case...
Anyway... Maybe we'll get more information as time goes on.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Its fairly common to keep hardware, ie nails, screws, washers, nuts and bolts, in used glass jars. Great for the garage along with old coffee tins. I wonder if they found his carpentry bag for around the house small jobs. Or maybe for a hobby. Model rocketry? And batteries get green powdery residue from getting damp and corroding. Seems like a pretty small stockpile, and no real explosives. I don't think a model rocket engine would even explode, just shoot sparks and fly around. That, could be dangerous! I have seen some pretty fishy evidence before...
edit on 4-6-2014 by panaque because: adding more detail

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

The link tries to open as a download, instead of in the browser.

Any other link?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It is a PDF file.
If you don't have Adobe Reader or Acrobat, or some other application installed that will handle such files...let us know.
If I'm still on...I'll try to find a way of getting the info for you.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: panaque
Its fairly common to keep hardware, ie nails, screws, washers, nuts and bolts, in used glass jars. Great for the garage along with old coffee tins. I wonder if they found his carpentry bag for around the house small jobs. Or maybe for a hobby. Model rocketry? And batteries get green powdery residue from getting damp and corroding. Seems like a pretty small stockpile, and no real explosives. I don't think a model rocket engine would even explode, just shoot sparks and fly around. That, could be dangerous! I have seen some pretty fishy evidence before...

I do agree that it doesn't seem to describe a "WMD"-worthy construction...
But ... we're operating on limited information, at the moment.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I agree why would it just be lying there on the floor in the middle of the room. And the search warrant was issued may 30th and the FBI talked to him on the 31st and then just let him walk away?!? If he was such a threat don't you think they woulda nabbed him right then. I am still trying to link @hiddencash to him because of the tweet.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: concerned190
I agree why would it just be lying there on the floor in the middle of the room. And the search warrant was issued may 30th and the FBI talked to him on the 31st and then just let him walk away?!? If he was such a threat don't you think they woulda nabbed him right then. I am still trying to link @hiddencash to him because of the tweet.

Link to that information?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: panaque
Yeah, that's how I store almost everything in my workshop. Re-purposed glass coffee jars. Got everything from gun powder, to nails, and even small tools that easily get lost, like drill bits and socket attachments etc.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: WanDash
Thanks for your continued work on this.
I think I'm going to disagree about what they found.
If, indeed, what is stated and described in the Affidavit, is correct...I have to wonder 'why' this rust-colored bag was out in the open.
Meaning - if his interest in these 'dark' matters was relegated to a year ago...("Hey - that was in the past and I'm over it!")...why was the bag in the kind of place that suggests 'recent' interest &/or access?
Likewise - If I had gone through the trouble to procure the items reported to be in that bag/case...and had configured them in the manner described......a year ago......and had 'changed my ways' to the tune of "I'm better now - Thanks Girlfriend for fixing me!"...why would I not have found a way of getting rid of this potentially life-ending device (rather than - keeping it in stroking/petting distance)?
On the other hand - if it was out in the open, like that...and, as the Affidavit claims - prior to being confronted by the FBI, Chamberlain had been seen exiting the apartment with a "known" female (I am assuming that this was the noted/mentioned girlfriend)...was she not aware of the bag &/or its contents?
One would think that it was sitting in the kind of place that would draw attention from someone who'd, apparently, spent the night... (?)
I would think - she will surely be one of the first to be questioned by the FBI in this case...
Anyway... Maybe we'll get more information as time goes on.

Is it possible the female is his Handler? Is it possible he isn't even what he says he is?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart
...Is it possible the female is his Handler? Is it possible he isn't even what he says he is?

I'm sure it's possible.
All kinds of explanations are possible with the limited information we've been given.
Why was the FBI interested in him, to begin with?
He admitted to visiting Tor sites to play poker... That gets the FBI's attention?
Seems, from his letter, that he was quasi-admitting something...more.
BUT - the FBI's complaint/affidavit doesn't say 'why' they had an eye on him.
Did he order materials that caught their attention?
If so - when?
How long was he 'dating' this female?
Kind of scares me to consider 'handlers'...since I've had my share of outrageous suspicions along those lines, as well (historically).
Interesting question in any regard.
Thanks!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

He wasn't using the TOR site to use poker, he said he was aware of the TOR Network.

Inside the coffee shop, CHAMBERLAIN admitted that he was aware ofthe Tor network,and that he sometimes played poker on 'black market' websites. He admitted that the laptop he used to
17 access these sites was inside the Subject Premises.

www.cand.uscourts.gov...
Tor Network:

Tor (previously an acronym for The Onion Router)[5] is free software for enabling online anonymity and censorship resistance. Tor directs Internet traffic through a free, worldwide, volunteer network consisting of more than five thousand relays[6] to conceal a user's location or usage from anyone conducting network surveillance or traffic analysis.

en.wikipedia.org...(anonymity_network)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
A short quote from the original article...

"We all knew that he was a very emotional guy and when he didn't get his own way he would say 'Screw you, I'm going to go do my own thing,'" Bramblett said. "I've never seen him be violent, ever, but I would definitely say that maybe emotionally and mentally he was a little unstable."

They're doing a fantastic job at villainizing individualism, aren't they?

And naturally, they continue to the steady drumbeat on the mental illness agenda. Gotta have that. Always.
edit on 5-6-2014 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: concerned190
...He wasn't using the TOR site to use poker, he said he was aware of the TOR Network.

Thanks for the correction... That does make a difference!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I"m sorry, but a social engineer capable of wiring and configuring a circuit-board for remote detonation? Really? I'm a software programmer and I don't think I could do such a thing.... maybe with lots of planning and tutorials... That aside, why in the world would someone make a bomb if they were just simply going to commit suicide? None of this makes any sense at all.

What else doesn't make sense, is this guy seems to be the most harmless individual you could imagine... Not only was he going to commit suicide (or at least disappear), but his view on life was that of all of us (assuming those were his words in the letter). This isn't the sort of person who would decide, on a dime, to blow up innocent people. We're clearly missing some big piece of the puzzle here. I doubt we'll ever know and I bet in a weeks time, this will all have faded into distant memory.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aedaeum None of this makes any sense at all.

That is what usually arouses my suspicion in these sorts of stories.

What else doesn't make sense, is this guy seems to be the most harmless individual you could imagine...

This is another thing. I think they want to condition the public to be suspicious of everyone, no matter how harmless they seem. That is exactly the kind of collective public mentality that would be necessary in order to create an Orwellian type of environment with people reporting one another for the slightest deviations from orthodox thinking.

And also, I believe they want to condition people to buy into absolutely ANY kind of propaganda, no matter how improbable it seems.

Now maybe this guy is real and maybe this story is not a script. Who knows? Things are just that crazy these days.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

I do, but using a borrowed computer, so avoiding even temp downloads. Think the motherboard in mine has gone out....*sigh*.

If you can locate another way, would be great, or just quote any relevant portion about the search results, and anything there about why they considered him a suspect in the first place.

I still recall a case where an ex got a guy arrested for simply owning a lot of guns, because she claimed they "made her nervous", even though she didn't live with him. His neighbors all considered him perfectly normal, till after he was arrested, for no real charge. Then, of course, they all claimed he was "scary", etc. Ever since then, I wonder when we aren't told why someone is a suspect.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The Criminal Complaint/Affidavit was ‘written’ by “Michael P. Eldridge, FBI Special Agent”.
Offense Description: Possession of an illegal destructive device as defined in 26 U.S.C. § 5845(a)
Code Section: 26 U.S.C. § 5861(c)

The Affiant signed the Affidavit/Complaint on June 1, 2014.
The Affiant had been a Special Agent with the FBI since July, 2013, and is…

…currently assigned to the FBI’s San Francisco Division, Oakland Resident Agency (“Oakland RA”). The Oakland RA is tasked with the investigation of federal criminal offenses, including the investigation of weapons of mass destruction (“WMD”), which comprise, in part, biological agents, toxins, explosive devices, and related materials. This application arises from a joint investigation by the FBI, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, and the United States Department of Homeland Security, Homeland Security Investigations…

After stating that Special Agent Eldridge had participated, personally, in the investigation, and that he had been provided information & expertise from other LEOs and technical experts…and that he…has knowledge, training & experience regarding the manufacture & deployment of WMDs…he further states that the knowledge included in the Complaint/Affidavit is Not All of his knowledge in this matter.

On May 30, 2014, United States Magistrate Judge Jacqueline Scott Corley signed a search warrant authorizing the search of Chamberlains suspected residence (1831 Polk Street, #117, San Francisco, CA).

6. On May 31, 2014, your affiant was part of a team of law enforcement personnel that served the search warrant on the Subject Premises. Shortly before the service of the search warrant, Chamberlain was observed exiting the Subject Premises with an identified female known to reside at a separate location. Chamberlain was observed to drive away from the area of the Subject Premises with the identified female. Approximately 30 minutes later, Chamberlain was observed approaching the Subject Premises on foot. Your affiant identified himself to Chamberlain and invited Chamberlain to talk in a nearby coffee shop.
7. Inside the coffee shop, Chamberlain admitted that he was aware of the Tor network, and that he sometimes playing poker on ‘black market’ websites. He admitted that the laptop he used to access these sites was inside the Subject Premises. After a short interview, Chamberlain was allowed to leave the coffee shop at his request. Chamberlain was thereafter observed to enter his personal vehicle and drive away from the vicinity of the Subject Premises. Attempts to follow Chamberlain were curtailed by surveillance teams out of concern for public safety, when Chamberlain was observed driving in an apparent intentionally reckless manner at a high rate of speed, failing to stop at posted lights and signs…

From there, it goes into what was found in the apartment.
I can transcribe that for you, if you wish.
As to your question… I have seen nothing in the complaint (and the Amended Complaint) that would explain “Why” they were interested in Chamberlain.
Perhaps that information would be in the Request for a Search Warrant.
Or – perhaps they’re going to keep that information sealed under “National Security” – Above Top Secret…

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join