It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI issues nationwide alert for San Francisco man

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
That reads like some one sat in an alphabet agency back room, who has this guys life written up on a sheet of paper in front of him and have been tasked to make it 'as real as possible' for the masses to ingest so 'we' believe its suicide.

Cold, lifeless, filled with zero believable rage indicators. No, I'm going to take a 'pass' on believing this.
edit on 2-6-2014 by Astr0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

It is called Werther Effect.

A copycat suicide is defined as an emulation of another suicide that the person attempting suicide knows about either from local knowledge or due to accounts or depictions of the original suicide on television and in other media.

A spike of emulation suicides after a widely publicized suicide is known as the Werther effect, following Goethe's novel The Sorrows of Young Werther.[1]
en.wikipedia.org...

It has been noted that every time some suicide gets lots of media attention, suicide rates in that area have a strong spike, especially the same method of suicide in the same age group. In most basic terms, people who identify with the victim get "inspired" by their actions and consider, as well as sometimes execute their plans.

I do not know this situation well, but that is one possible speculation. He did not do anything (luckily), but he might have had some plans and FBI got alerted before he did anything. Now at least it seems he might have calmed down.

I wonder how the situation culminates, hopefully it will have a positive ending, rather than negative, but well...

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

originally posted by: UnBreakable

a reply to: Black_Fox

False flag approachin'. Nationwide martial law as DHS does a Boston-bomber type sweep.

*facepalm*

Hey *facepalm*, it was a tongue in cheek comment. Get a grasp of satire, will ya?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Bizarre. According to NBC, "sources" are telling them he is not an immediate threat:

The San Francisco media consultant at the center of a FBI manhunt for allegedly possessing explosive materials is no longer considered an "immediate threat," two sources told NBC News ... they don’t believe that Chamberlain, a social media expert and well-known political consultant, presents an immediate threat to public safety.

Link

I get the feeling this wont end well for Ryan Chamberlain.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Aren't people tired of seeing these types of video's? We're looking for a man thought to have explosives, but we can't give out any information other than a picture. So they expect the public to keep an eye out for this person for no reason given. Law enforcement searched his apartment and apparently found nothing. A terrorist doesn't need a gun or a bomb they can just make a anonymous phone call they saw a man with a gun in a shopping mall.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Found this was that was interesting. Instagram photo that he tagged with #projectmayhem, another Fight Club reference though the actual quote is from the movie The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. So why tag it with #projectmayhem? The thing that has me wondering about that is that he actually has several Fight Club references from April to June of 2013. Referencing a movie isn't a big deal usually but Project Mayhem was also an Anonymous project in 2012, was it not? Kind of a stretch though.

poliholic.tumblr.com...

And here's his youtube account. Guy liked his dog apparently. Nothing really interesting there other than another Fight Club reference in one of his playlists. Guy liked Fight Club, too, apparently.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Texas or California plates?

We get a choice?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
FBI: S.F. Man at center of explosives threat in custody
www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerrorAlertRed
FBI: S.F. Man at center of explosives threat in custody
www.usatoday.com...

I'm glad that he's not dead. Sounds like he was sitting in a bar in San Francisco. Kind of funny, that. I also hope that the FBI were right about him being a concern because, if they aren't, they just ruined this man's already tattered life.
edit on 2/6/14 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Says he let Walter White get to him. Maybe he was planning on cooking the blue stuff! Certainly explosive if done wrong unless I'm mistaken. Could explain the haz-mat suites. Heh who knows right now. Probably isn't meth though.
edit on 2-6-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice
...I'm glad that he's not dead. Sounds like he was sitting in a bar in San Francisco. Kind of funny, that. I also hope that the FBI were right about him being a concern because, if they aren't, they just ruined this man's already tattered life.

I'm glad he's not dead, also.
I, though, did not see 'suicide' in his letter. Looked more sensational, and pleading (for attention) than - 'bye bye cruel world'.
Easy to say that after the fact, but, it was kinda implied in my former comment.
As to the FBI ruining his life - - he apparently had something to do with that...or he wouldn't have run, and called this 'the end' so quickly.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This story is sooooo strange. I know he is caught but look at his tweets. The hidden cash guy left him something and he asks how he got into the apt. But then look at montagraphs twitter site. It says doj activates dtec today. Very weird stuff.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
What is it all about? DTEC= a hazardous exposure identified by the National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI) that has not been included in the rate-making process. NCCI developed a premium charge, approved by the Oregon Insurance Commissioner effective January 1, 2005, to cover this exposure. DTEC exposures include acts of domestic terrorism (outside the scope of Foreign Terrorism), earthquakes, and catastrophic industrial accidents.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Something is off here. They claim they suspect he's in possession of explosives, but they never say WHY they suspect him. They search his place, but don't say if they found anything or not. So, a widespread alert, and very few details on why. We are missing a lot of the story on this one. If he's a legitimate suspect, and they are this closemouthed regarding details, I'd bet there is someone else involved, and they are trying to keep things quiet.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I'm telling y'all check out this twitter page. mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Curiouser and curiouser

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Here is a PDF I found about dtec. www.casact.org...

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I am so upset that no one finds this as interesting as I do.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

The article I read said that they found explosives in his apartment after a raid and that's why they issued the manhunt.

But why did they raid his apartment in the first place?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: concerned190
I tried to access the Twitter (mobile) link you posted, and received an error page.
Perhaps, if you could give a little more information &/or summary of what you're seeing...more interest would be sparked.
I don't know, exactly, what dots you're trying to connect --- So - a little more help from your end might result in others seeing what you are seeing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join