It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama administration unveils controversial emissions cap on power plants

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
The point is that you don't care about China polluting.... you avoid addressing it repeatedly by saying that I am saying something that I am not.

What is there to address?

You assume that because China's total pollution is higher than the total US pollution, that they are worse...when, ironically, they are far better in this regard. Their total pollution would have to hit 3 times the US level before they are on par.

They have per capita pollution rates that even our most optimistic day dream about.

They have already enacted more stringent pollution laws than anything being discussed here.

So..what would you actually like addressed?
edit on 4-6-2014 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

First, factor in their growing economy.

Then factor in our stagnant economy. How will all this figures look in 25 years?

I like the fact that you are parading China as the country to emulate in pollution control matters. Beijing has billboards with the sunrise shown on it so the residents can remember what it looks like.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
First, factor in their growing economy.

Then factor in our stagnant economy. How will all this figures look in 25 years?

Okay.
CO2 emissions vs GDP:
China: 1.0 kg CO2 / $1 GDP
US: 0.5 kg CO2 / $1 GDP

China: 0.7 kg CO2 / $1 GDP
US: 0.4 kg CO2 / $1 GDP

Net Change:
China: >0.3 kg / $1 GDP
US: >0.1 kg / $ 1 GDP

It would appear that in 25 years they will be quite far ahead of us...

I like the fact that you are parading China as the country to emulate in pollution control matters. Beijing has billboards with the sunrise shown on it so the residents can remember what it looks like.

You mean it is as bad as LA was for 20 years?

Or London for 100?

Funny you should bring it up! Not only did China identify their air pollution as a legitimate problem at levels lower than either LA or London, they have also taken steps to alleviate the problem faster than LA and London...cities which, even today, face air pollution problems.

They are implementing alternative energy sources faster than us. They are instituting regulations and monitoring faster than us. They are cleaning up their act faster than us. Why shouldn't we be parading them around as the country to emulate?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

You were talking per capita figures before.

US CO2 tons per capita, 2010- 100
China CO2 tons per capita, 2010- 102

I used your source.

Now I will post pics of the sunrise billboards in London and LA....

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Where I live, we get 70% of electrical energy from renewable sources (eolic: 50%; hydric: 10% and solar/biomass: 10%) ... until we have fusion, I think that's the way to go. Is it more expensive? Yes. You have to have more discipline and think about reduction of the amount of energy you use ... by being smart and do the right choices (better isolation, etc.).

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Forget it...USA is best...rash, rah, rah!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join