It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would make you NOT believe in God?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

originally posted by: AfterInfinity
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I don't see anything in there about not believing in gravity. Read my question again.

Already answered.

A better theory of how to explain the motion of particles and their attraction to each other and the movements of the particles.

Something that go past gravity but still validates the observations that are being made and have been made.

The question I wanna ask is why are you always so anti the notion of god? If it was defined as an all compassing consciousness that you are apart of will it still bother your mind so much that it exists?

But that wouldn't make you stop believing in gravity, would it?

It bothers me that people worship it. I'm more against the idea of worship, the idea that we would willingly be subjugated by anything. We'll fight a monarchy on Earth only to embrace one in the afterlife.

From my point of view.

That I can get and I would agree with you and dislike it if that is how I feel about god/divine. When I think of god/the divine then it is more like reaching symbiosis and helping each other out and following a higher level moral code than being subjugated.

I live under the assumption that no question on why something is "what it is" is wrong to ask god/the divine and if one souls comes up with something that makes god/the divine wrong then they would implement the better thing after validating the calculation. The reason god/the divine normally got every answer already is that they have gotten the same questions multiple times already. And I am talking about god/the divine not man made religion that is all more or less a work in progress.

Religion needs worship and like man made power pyramid schemes.

God/the divine wants symbiosis/oneness and that you follow the golden rule to the best of your ability.

So...you just assume that's how it works? You don't actually have a reason to say it does work that way?
edit on 3-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
How long did it take to prove the belief in DNA???

Not that it existed, because it existed whether it was believed or not...
So how long...?
"Millions of years" you say!!!

So now let's talk about the Almighty, the Creator, the Alpha & Omega...
How long do you think it will take to prove the belief???
What sort of apparatus would be needed to measure this???

Something more complex than finding DNA???
But what's more complex than DNA???

How about it's Creator!!!

There is nothing wrong with faith!!!

Arthur Conan Doyle needed faith to stick by his fingerprint analysis!!!
If he lacked faith in his belief he'd never have known...
Unique fingerprints would still exist though!!!
Science is just the explaination...
That explaination doesn't bring about the existence though!!!
Science is not the be all & end all... Not the Alpha & Omega!!!

More importantly what would it take for Atheists to leave the believers alone???
& vice verca...
But this is an Atheist's thread, so the original question stands!!!

Peace everybody!!!
edit on 3-6-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

no.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: backcase

no.

Why not?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I am like a child.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I am like a child.

lol.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

While watching the Ken Hamm vs. Bil Nye debate. An intresting question was asked to both parties.

" What if anything would make you reverse your religious views?"

Bill's answer: Any real evidence that lead to God as the only possible answer.

Ken's answer: Nothing could ever.

So that made me wonder. What about the rest of the devout religious people?

What would it take for you to come to the conclusion your religion was false?

Is there any scientific experiment/evidence that could?

What if Zeus showed up in the flesh and said it Greek mythology was the real religion?
( apply that to any other religion besides yours.)

What if aliens showed up and said either there was no real religion?

What if advanced aliens show up with a different religion they think is true?

So what would it take it prove to you that your religion isn't real? Is there anything that ever could?

Is there a difference in aliens and advanced aliens?

The advanced aliens would simply join the fray, who cares if they have their own religion?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I am like a child.

And suddenly, the Santa Claus metaphor doesn't seem so exaggerated.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

i am not like a child in that i believe in things carelessly, but in that i am barely able to feed myself, to speak as such.

but i have a question for you. why, if you understand what I am saying, do you continue to scoff and sneer at me instead of moving on?

do not say that you don't understand

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

i am not like a child in that i believe in things carelessly, but in that i am barely able to feed myself, to speak as such.

I don't understand what you mean by feeding yourself.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Only my experience with the other side that brings me calmness, a feeling of belonging and childish fun with feeling energy flows in my body.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Only my experience with the other side that brings me calmness, a feeling of belonging and childish fun with feeling energy flows in my body.

I TOO LIKE THE OTHER SIDE! I have one foot here and the other there; both experiencing at the same time on occasion. The feeling of belonging there FUN TIMES always compensates for this 3d reality; I know what is real, I understand I volunteered to experience this reality and in knowing its NOT REAL (just a test of sorts) will mire through it (after all it was my quest/desire to experience 3D) and it is very hard now to do so for others; the waiting lines are long; this experience (of being human) is thought of as the carnival ride of a lifetime for other beings in the higher dimensions. You actually attain celebrity within your domain if you accomplish the near impossible (experiencing being human).
edit on 4-6-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity to Veteranhumanbeing

[I]AfterInfinity[/I]Eh?

Are you the "Overlord Supreme Master" of the one or/and two word responses to anyone that is (unhappily) ON YOUR RADAR SCREEN (one is lucky OR NOT) if you'd bother to actually write a full sentence including a noun, verb or descriptive adjective in response to a post. I see how you have many posts to your credit 22,000?, as ANYONE would have quadduple yours as well if only posted one sentence or word responses comparativily; this thread being your poster child of that 'snappy retort' technique. I do not know how to respond to this reply post of yours except to say this:
TELL ME MORE.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
What would make me not believe in God?

Easy question.

I think that if I woke up one day to see that Bono had been dragged forth from one of his NWO king rat shill headquarter castles, only to learn that his smug assfaced fugitive mug had been given added sanctuary by being seated at the table of the board of directors at a major guitar manufacturer, say, Fender inc., well, that would be a start….

Oh, wait…to him that hath, more will be given….

Certainly God was referring to gold, right?

# 230
edit on 4-6-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Are you the "Overlord Supreme Master" of the one or/and two word responses to anyone that is (unhappily) ON YOUR RADAR SCREEN (one is lucky OR NOT) if you'd bother to actually write a full sentence including a noun, verb or descriptive adjective in response to a post. I see how you have many posts to your credit 22,000?, as ANYONE would have quadduple yours as well if only posted one sentence or word responses comparativily; this thread being your poster child of that 'snappy retort' technique. I do not know how to respond to this reply post of yours except to say this:
TELL ME MORE.

...Ooooookay then.

edit on 4-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I'm sure you've heard that saying that starts, 'lest ye be born again'...

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I'm sure you've heard that saying that starts, 'lest ye be born again'...

That doesn't answer my question. Try actually explaining it.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Your post is saying things I think myself. In between. Not 100% here not 100% there.
. I am not handling it as well as I think I should. One day at a time.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
originally posted by: AfterInfinityoriginally posted by: vethumanbeing

[I]AfterInfinity[/I]...Ooooookay then.

Then is now, now; now is 'when is it now' becomes 'its now again'. Ooooookay now.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

a reply to: vethumanbeing

Your post is saying things I think myself. In between. Not 100% here not 100% there.
. I am not handling it as well as I think I should. One day at a time.

No fighting it; that may be the problem, accept/trust this journey as your higher self has led you to 'become YOU at your best and experience. Take each new day as one of potential enlightenment (crazy fun). No one ever expressed to me that this is an easy (key word) PERSONAL PATH. You will rarely meet an individual that is 'questing' the same way using the same methods you are. If you even come close to another's experience that relates to yours is a blessing (for me it is you).

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join