It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Swarm SF Building, Seek Man For Possession Of Explosive Material

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Source

The suspect is a CA man, Ryan Kelly Chamberlain, 42.

worked as a social media consultant and also has experience in political campaigns, according to his social media web sites.

A couple of things that raised my eyebrows:

An FBI source told NBC Bay Area that crews found a chemical in the apartment that, if not handled correctly, can kill. The person may have bought the chemical -- which is often used in assisted suicide situations -- on the internet, according to the source.

&

An FBI spokesperson said that a bomb squad had shown up at the scene of the investigation, but that it turned out to be a false radiation alarm.

... The article never says what bomb materials they found, just that a chemical was found. Questionable.
Guess we will see what happens...

Huffpost

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Chemical that can kill if handed improperly... drain cleaner, bleach, rat poison, paint thinner, nail polish remover... you know just about anything that can be found in most homes. So now this makes the guy a suspect

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: WP4YT
Chemical that can kill if handed improperly... drain cleaner, bleach, rat poison, paint thinner, nail polish remover... you know just about anything that can be found in most homes. So now this makes the guy a suspect

Improper handling of those chemicals will not kill you. May cause burns and other nuisance injury but not death. I think they are referring to H2S.

Probably not found in most homes either.

Given that they tell us it is used in assisted suicides, it narrows it down to either that, or a few other chemicals. One other one IIRC (from reading similar articles) is a root or plant extract that is seriously poisonous.

In any case, it sounds like there is evidence of some ill intent or at least odd behaviour involving dangerous chemicals. I don't think they are out chasing someone down for a bottle of drano here. Probably well warranted.
edit on 2-6-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Calm down everyone. Here in the Bay they keep us on the edge of our seat with this crap. Every suspect is a potential terrorist, every domicile a bomb factory or drug lab.

Here are the tells:

FBI agents, San Francisco police and fire crews, and a hazardous materials team swarmed the building

bomb squad

explosive material

radiation alarm

armed and dangerous

nationwide manhunt

deadly poison ricin

assisted suicide situations

Did they leave anything out?

Terror, bombs, chemicals, suicide, armed felons, Ricin, (Ricin??) radiation, (expected that) every agency in the book and all their toys. Par for the course.

What do we actually know about him? Well that is officially sealed. But it appears we have…

learned Chamberlain worked as a social media consultant and also has experience in political campaigns, according to his social media web sites.

Uh oh. And…

confirmed Chamberlain served on the Republican Central Committee in San Francisco before switching over to the Democratic Party.

There it is. Please someone turn this guy who's guilty of nothing in so:

so people are safe…

Otherwise that army of investigators may kick in your door and throw stun grenades in the crib.

We're cowering here in the Bay… send heeelp.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
My guess??
The FBI knows the man had the deadly chemical because they talked him into buying it.
Well, that's the way it happened if we use history as a rule.
FBI, saving US from their own imagination...

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Calm down everyone. Here in the Bay they keep us on the edge of our seat with this crap. Every suspect is a potential terrorist, every domicile a bomb factory or drug lab.

Here are the tells:

FBI agents, San Francisco police and fire crews, and a hazardous materials team swarmed the building

bomb squad

explosive material

radiation alarm

armed and dangerous

nationwide manhunt

deadly poison ricin

assisted suicide situations

Did they leave anything out?

Terror, bombs, chemicals, suicide, armed felons, Ricin, (Ricin??) radiation, (expected that) every agency in the book and all their toys. Par for the course.

What do we actually know about him? Well that is officially sealed. But it appears we have…

learned Chamberlain worked as a social media consultant and also has experience in political campaigns, according to his social media web sites.

Uh oh. And…

confirmed Chamberlain served on the Republican Central Committee in San Francisco before switching over to the Democratic Party.

There it is. Please someone turn this guy who's guilty of nothing in so:

so people are safe…

Otherwise that army of investigators may kick in your door and throw stun grenades in the crib.

We're cowering here in the Bay… send heeelp.

Not just the Bay.

I found a baggie of white powder on the kerb in front of an elementary school in my neighbourhood and made the HUGE mistake of reporting it to the police.

I carried it home and placed it in a brown envelope which I wrote 'Police' on and sat on my front porch waiting for them to arrive.

Five minutes later they started arriving. Several squad cars, a firetruck, Supervisors van, unmarked cars and vans AND the HASMAT truck.

A yellow tape cordone was established around my house as I sat and watched. The ranks of law enforcement formed across the street. Eventually a single officer approached and I offered him the envelope. He threw his hands in the air and refused to touch it. I asked "Well, what do you want me to do with it then?". "Just drop it!" he says, so I did, in the middle of my front lawn.

The HASMAT guys in full gear set up a 'field lab', a kind of cardboard work surface thing with spots for bottles and jars of testing compounds.

The entire neighbourhood watched from a 'safe' distance while I was confined to my porch and interrogated.

This went on for well over an hour and I was not allowed to leave.

Eventually tests showed the powder not to be ricin or any other biological agents and the crisis began to wind down.

My neighbourhood is rife with crack houses and drug addicts and I had no doubt the powder was either Meth or Cocaine. I never dreamed that reporting 'unidentified white powder' in a school yard would result in a Terrorist Response Squad swinging in to action.

Next time I'll just kick the bag into the sewer.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Good stuff! You guys made me laugh, which is sad, in a way.

Dont forget about backpacks too, and the terrorists that carry them! Crap, I own 3 backpacks.... I think I hear a knock...

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

My niece is in SF today after competing (successfully) in the 'Escape from Alcatraz' triathlon.

I was very happy to hear the race results and to learn she'd neither drowned, been eaten by sharks or crashed her bike on the steep streets of Frisco.

Now I am just hoping she can get the heck out of Dodge and back to the relative safety of Canuckistan.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I know this guy. I don't believe the charges. Innocent until proven guilty.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Amen to that!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I think the real question we should ask is whats being covered up. We all know the media is bought and paid for.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

The conflicting info struck me. Allegedly they raided his home because a radiation alarm was tripped but later it turned out to be a false alarm. But they claimed then that they found explosive materials and some chemical used in assisted suicides... but allegedly definitely not ricin although some news sources reported ricin was found. All of those alleged substances seem so different and unrelated (and unlikely to set off a radiation alarm) that I immediately wondered what was really going on. As intrprtr pointed out, they pulled out all the terrorist buzzwords for this one.

When I read of his political involvement and being hired on almost every political campaign in the Bay area and his involvement with political parties, I immediately started wondering whether someone powerful and politically connected wants him dead.

Hope your friend or acquaintance comes out of this ok if he was set up.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Hah, hah thanks for the tale. That was amusing, for me not you. When did the cops become such paranoids about a little tiny bag of powder? Or is it just that they need to justify the enormous budgets and all their prowess by overreacting to every little thing?

Really big day today honey, we thwarted a major terrorist plot.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Hah, hah thanks for the tale. That was amusing, for me not you. When did the cops become such paranoids about a little tiny bag of powder? Or is it just that they need to justify the enormous budgets and all their prowess by overreacting to every little thing?

Really big day today honey, we thwarted a major terrorist plot.

Yes that, plus the opportunity to treat it as a 'training exercise'.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Yes that, plus the opportunity to treat it as a 'training exercise'.

Ah yes, I forgot the training. During my many outdoor ventures I used to watch them "exercise" on the homeless.

One little guy called "Frog" was small and quick. He could squeeze through the links in chain link fence. For no particular reason they used to chase him everywhere. The call would oft go up, "There goes frog", with a gaggle of trainees in tow.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast

He's alive as of this morning so he's still in the game. Tough situation though. He's a Breaking bad fan and got a little too deep into self pity and Walter White during some hard times.

I think everyone has gotten too far into self pity a few times. Ryan is a solid guy. Cares about people. SF can get rough real quick if you lose a job. He's not the type to collect enemies so I don't see any conspiracy -- just Ryan's flair for the dramatic.

So let's see what actual evidence there is. He posted on face-crook that all the stories are bunk. I'm going with that.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

The complaint against Ryan is here

new topics

top topics

join