It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Velocity Of Money In The U.S. Falls To An All-Time Record Low

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: HanzHenry
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

the money being printed is being hogged by those that already had gobs of it. The rich people have better access to financial info thru their accountants, hedge fund managers and such. They KNOW the economy is headed ever worse, THAT IS WHY they are hoarding it.

if they thought that releasing the piles of money would fix things, they would. But EVERYONE knows worse days lay ahead and that is why everyone is trying to hoard all the money they can.

Plus, the govt really knew the result, and they have a plan to impoverish us all. Or else they would have sent us all a check in the mail. Like they didnt know the rich would hoard it instead of circulate it, yeah right

LOL

Sounds like you want or believe you are entitled to other people's money.

Do you really understand where the money "being printed" is going? Something tells me the answer to that is a resounding no.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Thanks for the story OP. When money does not change hands it is a VERY bad thing. Banks are holding on to a ton of cash they can not release out into the market. If they do hyper inflation will come over night.

I have been saying this for a little while we are reaching a tipping point.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Well, I'm no economist but I do try to make sense out of this on a daily basis. It seems to me, the money printing is going to the top 0.1% who don't spend it. They are deep pocketed investors and banks. It doesn't really matter how much money they print as long as that money never leaves the showroom. So the people in the real economy never see that money and hence, low inflation (see later point on this). I read somewhere that you will not see inflation as a result of QE until the economy starts to recover, that's when the banks will start lending it out. And since the banks are flush with cash, that lending could be like a tidal wave. But, since there is no recovery, we see no lending.

But food and oil are getting more expensive. There's more than the fed going on here. Oil drives food prices, oil is growing scarcer and there are more demands for it, so when oil gets more expensive, food does too. And food is also getting more expensive due to increasing populations, growing wealth outside the US, and weather/natural problems (I'd say climate change here but some of you might take offense that that :-)).

If oil supply were stable and growing with demand, we would see deflation all across the board because there is less and less money in the real economy as people are laid off/fired and not adding to the real economy, and as businesses stop investing in themselves. When there are fewer dollars to go around, each dollar is worth more. But I believe oil and climate change are driving what inflation we see.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

originally posted by: HanzHenry
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

the money being printed is being hogged by those that already had gobs of it. The rich people have better access to financial info thru their accountants, hedge fund managers and such. They KNOW the economy is headed ever worse, THAT IS WHY they are hoarding it.

if they thought that releasing the piles of money would fix things, they would. But EVERYONE knows worse days lay ahead and that is why everyone is trying to hoard all the money they can.

Plus, the govt really knew the result, and they have a plan to impoverish us all. Or else they would have sent us all a check in the mail. Like they didnt know the rich would hoard it instead of circulate it, yeah right

LOL

Sounds like you want or believe you are entitled to other people's money.

Do you really understand where the money "being printed" is going? Something tells me the answer to that is a resounding no.

it is being circulated amongst the large retail banks and their shareholders. They in turn are using the money to invest in commodities. This is causing the price of everything everyone purchases to increase. Basically they are using the QE money to further pick all of our pockets this way

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

imagine money as a river. The more well of you are equates to being more upstream, the richest people are at the beginning of the river and the poorest are the furthest downstream. Everyone needs the water to function.
But in the current case, you have the people upstream, they have built dams and determine how much is released downstream. The people at the end see a few drops from the trickle, while those upstream have huge lakes.

Those as the beginning of the river think "hey, it flows to me, therefore it is ALL MINE. anyone downstream should bow before me in thanks that I have let any water pass through. It is mine after all"

this is your mentality.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: HanzHenry
Most is going to pay debt. In other words, paying off those govt bonds that were sold 20 years ago.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

ROFL

Sorry...not buyin it. That's ludicrous.

I suppose that entrepreneurs who invest money in new business ventures should (when a profit ensues) give their money to you?

Your view is such a simplistic and unrealistic one as to be just barely north of insane.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a rich person, and I am certainly not a 2%er. I do, however, believe that I have earned through work, intelligence, determination, persistence my retirement. I do NOT believe that the individuals who cannot be bothered to get off their couch and make a living let alone take risks to actually get ahead are entitled to my hard earned money, my hard earned income. I am sickened by those who seem to think they are entitled to money earned by others without themselves risking anything just because the rich are evil. (Yeah, let's demonize them, after all it is easier to hate that way, no?)

I am semi-retired, I am rich by way of family but I am not rich by way of money. I love my family and that is where my true riches reside. I do not want that which I have not earned.

You want to blame someone? Try blaming the govt who believes your money is theirs and they know better how to waste it then you do.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

you dont know what you are babbling and yammering about. The explanation is exactly how it works, and an age old analogy for currency. Currency being money you know, hence the ACTUAL WORD..

CURRENCY.. which comes from what? CURRENT.

ever heard the term money FLOW or CASH FLOW

Nice shill attempt.

edit on 2-6-2014 by HanzHenry because: bb

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Nice shill attempt? Seriously? lol

You have obviously never taken a single class in economics nor have you followed where much of the QE2 money went.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The sooner the global economy crashes, the sooner it can be rebuilt and re-stabilized as far as I'm concerned. It's been on life support for far too long and no one has the courage to pull the plug.

But I say that with absolutely no deep understanding (or interest) of economics. Part of me wants the whole system to burn for my own selfish amusement.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArchAngel_X
The sooner the global economy crashes, the sooner it can be rebuilt and re-stabilized as far as I'm concerned. It's been on life support for far too long and no one has the courage to pull the plug.

But I say that with absolutely no deep understanding (or interest) of economics. Part of me wants the whole system to burn for my own selfish amusement.

Be careful for what you wish for; no one knows what evil/hardships may lurk in such a scenario...

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

originally posted by: ArchAngel_X

Be careful for what you wish for; no one knows what evil/hardships may lurk in such a scenario...

truly would be survival of the fittest. All those pasty little white collar college wimps making 5 times as much as strong blue collar tradesmen will be the first stomped.

The pompous old baby boomers that lived/work in a much more prosperous time, where it was WAAAY easier to get ahead will be on knees begging all the younger crowd not to throw them in the back of the camp to wash the dishes.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

I am semi-retired, I am rich by way of family but I am not rich by way of money. I love my family and that is where my true riches reside. I do not want that which I have not earned.

You want to blame someone? Try blaming the govt who believes your money is theirs and they know better how to waste it then you do.

Thanks bbracken, finally someone gets it. The best things in life aren't things.
edit on 3-6-2014 by MarlinGrace because: fixed punc.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
What I do not understand is that the USA have the best universities in the world with the most briljant economists but nobody did see this financial downfall coming.

It is much like this picture,,,

No way a president... and the next... was not informed about which way a certain financial policy would go and endup. A person would almost draw the conclusion that the government doesn't care, is stupid or is willingly and consciously driving the United States of America into the ground.

A dramatic and swift solution to get rid of a 70 trillion debt would be jumping of a building... remember those guys with less debt at the 1928 crash? But for a nation like the USA.. A thermo-nuclear global reset is not the answer, maybe the US citizens should start at the root of the problem and work your way up again from there.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

I am pretty sure they did see it coming. There just was no honest discussion by our leaders regarding the issues.
It began during the Clinton era.
In 1999 there was a report to a congressional committee which illustrated the millions of manufacturing jobs which had already fled overseas. In the same report the massive increase in personal debt was also discussed.
Given the "bubble" economy along with the bubbles that had already burst, could it have been a surprise to anyone that the personal debt bubble would eventually collapse?
Given that people had reached dangerous levels of debt, what is the next level to go? The banks holding this debt.

It is not possible that our leaders were not aware of the direction and eventual outcome given the path we were on.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Our leaders knew full well the direction things were headed, but didn't plan accordingly because they follow a "let the chips fall where they may, laisses faire, don't fix it if it ain't broke'" kind of like a lack of a plan.

Our leaders really don't have any control over anything anymore anyway, the world is run by un-elected officials with no term limits or obligations to anyone but themselves and their share-holders.

No obligation to try to preserve ecosystems or recycle anything, no consideration given to the end use of technology, no real liability for any damage they do in the course of doing business.

We are all at fault for allowing others to become more powerful than us because we have become lazy and ignorant and helpless.

Corporations were illegal here in the U.S. for good reason, people die and their memories and experiences die with them and it just keeps going round and round in cycles.

Lather, rinse and repeat....

edit on 3-6-2014 by MyHappyDogShiner because: It's all HOLLOW

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Two Keynesian economists, John Maynard Keynes and Paul Krugman, were walking down the street one day when they passed two large piles of dog #.
Keynes said to Krugman, "I'll pay you $20,000 to eat one of those piles of #." Krugman agrees and chooses one of the piles and eats it. Keynes pays him his $20,000.
Then Krugman, feeling richer, says, "I'll pay you $20,000 to eat the other pile of #." Keynes, feeling bad about the money he lost says okay, and eats the #. Krugman pays him the $20,000.
They resume walking down the street.
After a while, Krugman says, "You know, I don't feel very good. We both have the same amount of money as when we started. The only difference is we've both eaten #."
Keynes says: "Ah, but you're ignoring the fact that we've increased the GDP by $40,000...

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Wow! When were corporations illegal in the US?

I fault the consumer as well. By our buying habits we trained Wally World to provide us with the cheap chinese products.

I read the report shortly after it was delivered. Frankly, I am not sure there was much our leaders could have done short of educating citizens about debt and reversing the direction we were headed in with regards to EPA legislation, taxation, OSHA etc etc...as conservative as I am, I do not believe that would have been a wise move. Not the educating part...the rest of it.

Mostly I fault our leaders for not informing the public about what was happening. Instead it was turned into a political hot potato. Bush was blamed for millions of jobs going overseas and the recession when the jobs had been moving overseas for years and the economic downturn began before Bush was even nominated as the Repub candidate (don't get me wrong...no Bush fan here, but I do call it as I see it).

Where I can fault the Bush admin is pushing the home financing fiasco or at least heavily supporting it. That made a bad situation much worse in the long run, but...but it did provide a short delay to the onset of the credit bubble bursting. Typical politician crappola: Think short term not long term.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The PR for QE was wonderful, some of the best ever. So it needs to be asked...

Has anyone on this board received any money from the FED via the QE? Anyone get a check? Anyone get a gift card? The answer is most assuredly no. So, what did QE do for you personally?

If you said, "well it allowed me to borrow money to get into debt" then you are only half right. When the FED dropped interest rates to zero for banks they allowed them to dodge paying any money to loan money. So banks get money for free and loan DEBT, yes DEBT, yes, long term enslaving DEBT to others without having to pay for the privilege. Banks can also GAMBLE, not invest as they do not do that, but GAMBLE on everything from food to your future income and you pay for it with debt. If you don't get it, think banks=junkies. When the banks need a fix they hit YOU up for more money and they do so by enslaving you with debt. Then when they need more money for a fix, they do it again.

The "velocity of money" nonsense is just that. The system is set up to create debt for everyone that isn't the one creating debt. Until people see this they are screwed. Making debt available to create goods and services is a the grand lie, people can do that without debt, but they have been raised to believe debt, long term debt, is the only way to get money.

Fact. The US gov went bankrupt 100 years ago over a 250 million dollar debt. That money, that debt, has still not been paid back - the US government still owes that money. How is this possible? Look at your "federal reserve notes" and read what those words mean. They are IOU's. Your road to salvation via the Dollar is via IOU's, you hand someone a dollar because you have nothing to pay them with.

The Dollar lives as long as the US is needed to kill the people who live in the countries who fail to regard the IMF as the debt lords. When the final countries fall into line, the dollar is dead and we'll still owe "money" to the FED. You cannot pay the Federal Reserve back in dollars - they are IOU's, so how are you going to pay them back when the dollar dies? They will show up at you door, personally, and demand you pay them...

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: crankyoldman

You are, essentially, correct. However, the 1%rs of this country also did not receive a check from QE.

The final paragraph is an interesting theory, but they could just as well be fanciful constructs of the paranoid conspiracist. Let's not confuse fact with potential fiction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join