It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are 40 years or older you may not get this.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Yeah, this sums it up, back into the workforce after 30 years.

Had to laugh. Loved the focus though, don't get that too much with the youth these days.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell
edit on 2-6-2014 by myselfaswell because: hit the enter button early, whateva.

edit on 2-6-2014 by myselfaswell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I am under 40 and I don't get it... Empty post = ????

ETA - I am still under 40... But I get it.

Nice!
A lot of us could probably do that easily. It's a good thing the first home monitors weighed as much as a baby T-Rex.

edit on 6/2/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Do you mean 40 and under? I'm 41 and I remember manual typewriters!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Ha love it.

I saw that it was 5 seconds long and i thought to myself, oh yeah sure make me laugh in 5 seconds... pffff
Touche. Well played.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Indead. Harsh, but then agin it is a degital wordl. Sadly, smertness passed by my fingures.

Kind Regards
Metoo

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

I love her.

Its like putting whiteout on the screen to correct mistakes.

Cheers

Bally

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Hey! I am twenty nine, but my first experience of typing was on an ancient mechanical typewriter at my grandmothers house, when I was four!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I still insert a double space after a period when I'm typing in a word processing program.
Old habit from keyboarding class in 7th grade. I think I'm among the last few years of people who were taught to type on typewriters.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

hahahaha I learned to type on a big Olivetti just like this one:

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Fair call mate. Did it ever make you feel like learning the piano after you'd built up the finger strength?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Piano...funnily enough, there has always been a piano or a keyboard where ever I have lived, but I prefer playing bass guitar. That said, I am still quite quick compared with other folk who are as technophobic as I am, where typing is concerned. I have avoided the smartphone so far, but I can touch type on both a plastic keyboard, and on an iPad, which is bloody strange, although it is easier to do with an iPad because of auto correct functions, which are part of its bag of arcane sorceries.

That said, I try not to use the auto correct feature, because I prefer to go back and retype an error, because it means that over time, I will make less, and less of them. I have a disconcerting habit of writing posts on this site for instance, while making eye contact with family and friends and talking to them!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I get it, and loved it

Back in my high school days I took typing class and that's where the hot girls were. Gotta love it when you're the only guy in the class..

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Ha Ha, that sounds remarkably familiar.

I have also managed to avoid the smartphone. Will I ever give it up, "over my cold dead hands."

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

G, day mate. Good one you cracked me up.
I am surprised bally got it thought he would of been expecting some one to be waving their arms up and down with small coloured hankys in each hand. Er semaphore I think his mob called it

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: kkrattiger
I still insert a double space after a period when I'm typing in a word processing program.
Old habit from keyboarding class in 7th grade. I think I'm among the last few years of people who were taught to type on typewriters.

I have always done this but never been to typing school. Print looks more polished when done this way.

edit on 2/6/2014 by earthblaze because: typo

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Wait, no double space after a period anymore? When did this happen? Man, first Pluto gets demoted and now this...

edit on 2-6-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

top topics

join