It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think is the point of alien abductions

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: payta

If a bird can think in such a way, it would certainly wonder why it is captured by force. Measured, tagged and then released again by our ornithologist. A big Northern Pike might wonder why it was caught in it's mouth by a sharp hook, dragged into a completely foreign and hostile environment and then released again by strange beings.

They do not have the brain capacity to figure out why. And they are also completely unaware of it.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Evenin',

"What do you think is the point of alien abductions?"

Earth women are easy?

-Peace-

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chazam

If a bird can think in such a way, it would certainly wonder why it is captured by force. Measured, tagged and then released again by our ornithologist. A big Northern Pike might wonder why it was caught in it's mouth by a sharp hook, dragged into a completely foreign and hostile environment and then released again by strange beings.

They do not have the brain capacity to figure out why. And they are also completely unaware of it.

Except, the logical fallacy there is that you are yourself comparing human behavior (with regards to research methods) to an evolved species that are potentially millenia ahead of us in technology (If we are to assume that aliens capable of interstellar travel exist). We are limited by environmental regulation, politics and laws that dictate moral behavior. Beings that are not held back by such mundane details can literally grow humans with only a small sample of genetic material. They don't even need to be here to do it.

The alien abduction scenario is fundamentally flawed and requires one to throw away logical reasoning and ignore the lack of evidence, in order to entertain it.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I think you would have to ask ETs to actually know their purposes with us and our planet.

I believe whatever the purposes for their interactions here is mostly benign. They could have invaded and taken over whenever they wanted to with the technology at their disposal. That doesn't excuse the secrecy however.
edit on 2-6-2014 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
No point because they're either psychological phenomena or false stories.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Frith

gee let's see, what would be one reason why they would be interested in us? oh right maybe because they created us. now when they interact maybe it's because they are checking on our genetic health. they know we are polluting our biosphere so maybe they want to know when to make us stop using the wrong kind of energy in our technology namely fossil fuels. maybe we're at a point where we could be considered advanced enough to warrant having access to free unlimited power? I'm sure they wouldn't just give us the keys to start and would impose some restrictions but in order for us to grow up and flourish as a species we would need to get off fossil fuels. And the government is never going to do that so if that did happen it would most likely be due to aliens influence not man's. everything negative and bad about alien stuff is probably made up by the government. I can't see advanced people being so petty and malicious because what's the point in being advanced then if you are still going to do wicked stuff?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
If aliens abducted people I'd assume it would be for research.

Really it just makes me think of Spore.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: payta
a reply to: DreamerOracle
Wow! Have you ever tried hypnosis to recover more memories about it? Are you even interested or remembeeing it makes you anxious?
I believe your story deserves a whole new thread. What was the general feeling, you recall feeling scared or calm?

I've written about it many times on ATS... no need for a thread
... As to Hypnosis, I've never done it, I'm a man of simple means and needs, I've never felt the urge to inquire deeply about it. It happened, it was slightly perturbing at the time but not scary at all...panicked once when I couldn't move due to the transparent ooze that creeped over my chest but then I blanked out... Moved on and brushed it off.
As to memories of the events, they are quite numerous with I'd say 3 different types... The Ooze, The Visitor and Visited and the invitationals(tiny 3ft greys) The invitationals being a polite invite in the early hours of the morning as I had got up to go to the toilet but it was a one way trip invite not a day return and at the time I had earthly commitments, kids etc.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: NiZZiM
Feel free to inbox me with your photo but... I'm not a fortune teller, I simply sense emotions or possible things they are capable of. It's been a while since anyone has asked
usually my wifes friends keen to know what there chosen boyfreinds are truly like beyond the first date camouflage
, I have a 100% success rate to date.
Off topic sorry OP...

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Assuming they actually exist, are highly evolved compared to us, have the means to travel to earth and back (wherever "back" may be) and are actually abducting ( as in taking away to another, off planet, area) people.
Maybe the people they choose are those whom they feel needs help, pity, friendship etc etc. which they, for some or other reason, cant get here on earth, help they might not even have known they needed. A sort of cosmic support group.
Or as most others have stated ,for research, but i doubt it would be something as mundane as our physical make-up, more emotionally based research perhaps? Why do we love/hate/cry/laugh etc.

BUT... first we need to prove they exist!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Dmvr34

There's no doubt aliens exist. We just need to prove that they have traveled to Earth.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: gorey

"No doubt" is a pretty heavy claim.

I honestly do not mean to be rude or argue, but what proof do you have for this viewpoint?
I personally believe there is a possibility (note: meaning "maybe" not "definite" ) that there are other forms of life out there, however untill i have proof of this i will always assume the contrary when thinking of replies or theories.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: kauskau
and btw: the abductions had stopped 10 years ago.. There are no abductions right now.. ANd this will stay that way...

Because : they already succeeded.

I didn't know that, never heard of that claim before. So when was the last documented abduction case, do you have any idea?
Does this also mean abduction are only performed by a single race, as you say, the Annunaki?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

no i don´t ...

the pdf is full of information about that..

and its not as second hand as my own...
so..

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalRazor
The beauty of it, is that enough people out there would sooner believe in alien abductions and alien animal mutilations, to make the idea of government involvement seem questionable.

Well-said. This reminds me of the South Park episode of the 9/11 conspiracy theories.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DreamerOracle

That interview helped...
Aliens may just be trying to spread their DNA type the best way they can to be adaptable to many different types of planets.
They may not be very well suited to live on our world so they may have created us as the next best option.

Over the many centuries humans have evolved and should continue to do so if we don't blow ourselves up.

At some point the aliens may come forward to explain why they did that to us humans.

Yes, aliens are very real!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalRazor

Thank you for agreeing with my opinion!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalRazor

Im pretty open to the idea that if the phenomenon is true, we are just another species a bit further down on the evolutionary scale compared to them, and they are studying us the same way we are studying other species (and cloning them in labs for that matter too). To think otherwise it to hold the human species in too high regard.

I doubt we are especially important or interesting to anyone out there.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
They track us and monitor us just like we do animals. Scientific reasons. Genetics. Some races probably eat us. Where else do all the missing persons go from around the world every year?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: payta
I've always wonder this. Im not quite sure, but i think they are gathering info for the sake of knowledge, to see what different kind of live forms are there in the universe, just like our scientists like to study animals.

But what do you think. Could they be breeding us?
What about those who never came back, are they taking some of us to their home planet, maybe to showcase our kind.
I've heard some abductees claim they remember flying above strange planets, as if they were on a tour. Could that be true?
I dont know, I guess there's a lot of room to speculate, but have you heard something that made you think they are not just looking at our guts to see how we "work".

For those that have the experience to believe they were abducted by aliens.

Its a deception that creates a whole new world to hide things in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join