It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Pausing as Russia Volatility Kills Trade-to-Invest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Hi Xcathdra.Some more reality for the ATS communists to whine about I see.As I and others have said Russia hasn't even begun to feel the west's backlash yet.And surprise no one wants to invest money in Putin's Russia now,lol.
And where's the dolt who was trumpeting the collapse of the stock market last week because of sino-soviet economic pact?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
If the information in the op is accurate, and so far I have not seen anything to refute it, Putin caused Russia's economic issues we are seeing. If the info is accurate then Putin has admitted to that fact and its supported by their most recent actions.

* - recognizing Ukraine's new government.
* - withdrawing troops from the border with Ukraine.
* - removing assets that were in the East / South of Ukraine.
* - The moves to stabilize their currency while remaining silent as opposed to them trying to stabilize their economy while complaining about the US / EU sanctions.
etc etc etc

Everything Putin is doing now is meant to mitigate the economic damage that he caused with regards to Russia only.

Yes Russia retreated since they know this can't be fixed and Russia doesn't want a country in a civil war and being economical totally broken (at least soon).
And yes also because they know the US wants Russia to do action against Ukraine so they can hurt Russia more with more sanctions and so on (Russia does try to solve/talk with the EU so the EU and Russia don't get hurt economical badly).
Right away the US put sanctions on Russia (and they successfully convinced Europe to do the same). Right after US rating agency's lowered the debt rating of Russia (Russia is running surpluses for years and years, the US the opposite!)
The same who rated US bank products AAA (which where sold to EU banks) so those US credit rating agency's lowered EU country's after! hurting the EU economy badly since interest rates suddenly go really high (see greece).
Can't you see it's important for the US to stay on top, even at a cost of other nations (even ''allies'' if needed), they surely will do it.. they have this power for a long time and have and still have done many things (invasion Iraq/Afghanistan (wars based on lies), countless other things in the past) and get away with it (must be addicting). Putting sanctions on any country that can't be controlled in the great plan of ''1 world order'' where the US controls everything basically. If you do as she pleases you may trade freely in the free market (controlled by the US powerhouse/military).

The US sits on top of world institutions and basicly can just do her wishes!! World bank, NATO, and so on are basicly lead by the US agenda (the EU is always following/doing US wishes almost always).

But really there is no point arguing, it's what you or I believe or not.

So pretty pointless.

edit on 2-6-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Well Ukraine was not doing very well before all this started and now it is in a very destabilized state .I am not sure if it could be called a civil war but many are calling it that .Ukraine either being unwilling or unable to pay for their own gas may see it cut off .The pipe lines go through the country and I would think that they may take offence to Russia shipping gas through their country to the rest of Europe .We already know they are not beyond killing some of their own country men so blowing up gas lines only seems like something they could and would do ... a reply to: Xcathdra

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe
For once I hear a distinct lack of heel-clicking and "Heil Putins". It was only a matter of time before the teeth of the sanctions' bite started to draw blood. Money talks. IMO Putin made an irreversible error in judgment. The russian economy will suffer for many years. The ruble may never regain stabilization.

Whoever thinks that Putin made a mistake and didn't calculate how the West would have reacted, is either naive or doesn't understand snip on how geopolitics works. You're pointing your finger on the very same person who made what was impossible, possible: the rise of russian economy. Just take a look back at Yeltsin's years and the gigantic leap of russian economy when Putin came into power. How many of you in this board are really going to understand once and for all that: this guy doesn't only have balls of steel. He also has an extremely ingenious mind and is surrounded by very smart people.

People like that are born to make and write history.
edit on 2-6-2014 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Ha,ha,ha.........I wonder if anyone in the inner circle told him how stupid of a move this would be. Crimea is going to cost the Russian people billions and billions. Not to mention the cost of credibility across the entire world. Russia is not a super power it is a regional power and should start acting like it.

Russia just like every other country is filled with smart hard working people who just want to have a future for their children. They need to start talking out against this policy and elect better leaders. They are not alone the US also needs better leaders who have the best interest of the people at mind.

The end of the Oligarchies starts and ends with the people. Apathy is what they need to survive without it they will be nothing but sand castles on the shore waiting for the tide.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Telos

has the Russian economy improved under Putin? Sure I guess.

The question is did Putin have a hand in that change or did the Russian people? Since Putin took power he has rolled back the freedoms.

As for how well the Russian economy is doing you may want to research it more. Putin's actions in Ukraine have come at an extremely high price for Putin, so much in fact that their economy is close to tipping back into the recession realm. foreign investment is down in Russia, banks are not willing to finance loans, external money markets are steering clear due to sanctions and risk. Russia took a massive hit on the energy treaty they signed with China.

Recognizing the new Ukraine government
Pulling back the 40k troops he had on Ukraine's border
Taking the pro Russians out at the knees in South / East Ukraine
Trying to figure out how to pay for improving Crimea

Everything he has recently done has centered around the Russian economy. Putin is trying to stem to tide before the damage he caused to the Russian economy boomerangs back at him and taking him out.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Russia's cabinet demonstrated a uniquely American quality - Arrogance

Putin's cabinet / advisors underestimated Ukraine's response to Russian action. Ukraine chose the very path that was dismissed by the Kremlin and we see this in Putin's actions from day one up to the present. Contradicting justifications provided, denying and then acknowledging the non insignia people were in fact Russian military. Ethnic Russians, strategic port, blah blah blah.

Ukraine is partially responsible for Putin's failure by their actions... Putin is responsible for the rest of his failure due to his own arrogance and his perception that Ethnic Russians / Russians in general are somehow better, morally superior, than anyone else.

Just like another leader and the Aryans.

Mr. Putin -
What occurred during WWII with regards to the Nazis is meant to serve as a warning to future generations to resist those ideals put forth by the Nazis. There actions are not meant to be used as a blueprint.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Now Joined to Russia, Crimea’s Economy Is Sliding Downhill

The geopolitical crisis touched off by Vladimir Putin’s annexation of Crimea seems to be easing. But for the 2 million residents of Crimea, another crisis is just beginning.

Despite the peninsula’s cultural and historical ties with Russia, Ukraine has been its economic lifeline, supplying everything from food and banking services to Ukrainian vacationers, who accounted for 70 percent of Crimean tourism. As those connections have frayed or broken, Crimea faces deepening economic woes.

The tourism industry has fallen off a cliff, the banking system is in turmoil, and prices are rising as Russia curbs shipments from Ukraine. Even McDonald’s (MCD) has fled, closing its three restaurants on the peninsula. Russia has promised aid—including plans for a Las Vegas-style gambling zone in Crimea—but that won’t come quickly enough to avoid what Crimean Prime Minister Sergey Aksyonov has described as “temporary economic difficulties.”

click link for remainder of article.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I'm sorry but I stick to my initial comment. I guess is just a matter of opinions. Time will tell what really goes on behind the scenes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join