It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama, Bowe Bergdahl and trading terrorists. Why the hate?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Elton

Sorry the thought just hit me.

Your comment about us negotiating with Iran. The Iran incident had a new government in place so im not sure the comparison actually works. However politics were involved in that situation.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
i do not believe he was a deserter. The Taliban claims he was taking a dump at the Observation post latrine when they grabbed him

A radio intercept of the Taliban was translated and give this account. and this is part of wiki leaks posting in 2009

UPDATE: 0610z LLVI TRAFFIC FROM REDRIDGE: freq 162.1 1- W ARE READY FOR THEM. 2- ALL THE NUMBERS ARE MESS IT. WE ARE WWAITING FOR THEM. 1- LOL THEY KNOW WHERE HE IS BUT THEY KEEP GOING TO WRONG AREA. 2- OK SET UP THE WORK FOR THEM. 1- YES WE HAVE A LOT OF IED ON THE ROAD. 2- GOD WILLING WE WILL DO IT. 1- WE WERE ATTACKING THE POST HE WAS SITTING TAKING EXPLETIVE HE HAD NO GUN WITH HIM. HE WAS TAKING EXPLETIVE, HE HAS NOT CLEANED HIS BUTT YET. 2- WHAT SHEAM FOR THEM. 1- I DONT THINK HE W 2-YES LOOK THEY HAVE ALL AMERICANS, ANA HELICOPTERS THE PLANES ARE LOOKING FOR HIM. 1- I THINK HE IS BIG SHOT THAT WHY THEY ARE LOOKING FOR HIM. 3-CAN YOU GUYS MAKE A VIDEO OF HIM AND ANNOUNCE IT ALL OVER AFGHANISTAN THAT WE HAVE ONE OF THE AMERICANS. 1- WE ALREADY HAVE A VIDEO OF HIM.

http://__._/afg/event/2009/06/AFG20090630n1790.html

type bergdahl wiki leaks if link does not work.

i believe his unit is trying to cover up there neglect in guarding there post.
edit on 2-6-2014 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
I am failing to understand the contempt for Obama in securing the release of Bowe Bergdahl.

Really? You don't get why people are ticked that Obama ..
1 - BROKE THE LAW
2 - Struck deals with terrorists giving them a HUGE advantage for the future.
3 - Released five murdering terrorists back out into the wild.

I don't care if the guy deserted his post...he's still an American citizen who should have been rescued.

He joined the enemy ... he didn't need to be 'rescued'. He needed to be shot for being a traitor and a deserter.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I am failing to understand the contempt for Obama in securing the release of Bowe Bergdahl.

1 - BROKE THE LAW

I don't care if the guy deserted his post...he's still an American citizen who should have been rescued.

He joined the enemy ... he didn't need to be 'rescued'. He needed to be shot for being a traitor and a deserter.

The attitudes presented by yourself and others are absolutely disgusting!

Yes, Obama broke the law...but considering Qatar was the middle-man, it is reasonable to assume that the White House went ahead with the trade due to limited time and unique circumstances.

Qatar struck the deals...i don't believe negotiations would have too much of an impact, but we can't really say one way or the other. Terrorists have always kidnapped foreigners, and they will continue to do so.

I'm sure the government has something in place to negate the potential problems of releasing suspects back into 'into the wild'.

How on earth do you know what he done? There are many contradictory reports regarding his disappearance, and allegations should not be cast until evidence starts to mount up regarding the specific circumstances of his disappearance and capture. Absolutely disgusting to call for his head, even though you have no idea what happened.

Pathetic.

Absolutely disgusting.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
well after doing some quick research it seems that the actual details of just how this soldier came to be held in captivity of the enemy are at best a little shady, and presumably that innocent until proven guilty doesn't apply in America any more and the majority of you would like to see him hanged from the yardarm without even allowing the guy to give his own testimony preferring to believe the Taliban's version of events.
These actions I'm seeing on this thread repulse me, and i'm an Australian defending this American soldier from his vulturous countrymen, take a look at yourselves and see what you have become.

He deserted his post. If the Muj captures you, they are not about to leave your weapon behind. He wrote about it and he even talked about it. That he deserted his post is undeniable. Whether he deserted his post to become a traitor or just got stupid and wandered off is up for his courts martial to determine.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

The porta johns are inside the wire. How could they just waltz in and kidnap an uncooperative subject?

la2

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I totally agree, it is foreign policy of most nations not to negotiate with terrorists, simply for the reason it puts others in danger of becoming hostages. It's a slippery slope and although I have never been a huge fan of President Obama, I do feel that his actions now have bigger implications for the office he holds and the ability of his successors to achieve things in the future, America is widely perceived as weak and politically deadlocked.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

The attitudes presented by yourself and others are absolutely disgusting!

I really don't care what you think of me. But guess what ... here's what I think right back atchya ... I find the fact that you are letting Obama off the hook on this to be disgusting. He is not the king of America. No POTUS should be breaking the law ... NONE of them. Obama let FIVE terrorists with blood on their hands go free all in exchange for one soldier who deserted his post; caused Americans to die; and who said severely bad things about America and joined the enemy.

Yes, Obama broke the law...but ...

NO 'BUT' ... Obama broke the law. PERIOD

The law is in place for a reason. Obama had NO RIGHT to go around it. And now, because of Obama's actions, the terrorists will think that they can take American hostages and get their terrorist buddies released from prison. Obamas actions will cause more Americans to lose their lives ... cause more terrorist actions to happen.

edit on 6/2/2014 by FlyersFan because: 'of me'

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Whether he deserted his post to become a traitor or just got stupid and wandered off is up for his courts martial to determine.

That idiot Obama has already given him a heros welcome at the White House. The entire world saw it. I doubt that Obama will sign off on Court Marshaling his terrorist buddy.

Ireland ... 'Heros Welcome Home for US Soldier Despite Desertion'

Yeah ... that's the kind of headlines that will make the terrorists think twice ... NOT!

This SOB is going to get away with desertion and with aiding the enemy.
He gets a slap on the back from sympathizer Obama.
The Americans who died looking for him will have lost their lives for nothing.
THAT is what is disgusting.

edit on 6/2/2014 by FlyersFan because: fixed link

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Exactly...

Or as my personal favorite growing up was...If you give a moose a muffin, he'll want some jam to go with it.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

What part you do not understand when it comes to the due process in the US when it comes to the three branches of government.

We are a nation of laws, we have checks and balances and that is what makes our nation unique, yes we the people, voters and tax payers will like to know why and elected president, (no a dictator, king or else) took upon itself to by pass congress and the law in order to trade terrorist for an American traitor.

Is that too much to ask?

edit on 2-6-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Upon hearing of the release's condition I worried of a false flag, and I'm hoping one of you might be able to clarify that this doesn't make sense as its "kickoff":

If Obama announced last week our "new and official plan to pull out of Afghanistan", then plans this release, does he have a ready-made group to blame if something terrible happens? And if there's another disaster on US soil, would we actually be able to leave Afghanistan, or would the American public demand we stay right where we are?

I can almost hear Obama's speech: "America, we gave them what they asked for: one - just one - American life, for five of theirs. And look what they did to us to say 'thanks'. We must hold people to their word in negotiations. We must remain in Afghanistan until all extremists are extinguished."

Please tell me this is inane - that these are the mutterings of a very pregnant mind imagining phantoms in the mist.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

One Muslim convert for four high level Taliban Terrorist leaders sounds like the deal of the century.
I guess the storm of the century is next. "If you're living in sin, well just come on in" said the Warlock to the lawman.
Yeah, we're feeling REAL SAFE NOW!!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Whether he deserted his post to become a traitor or just got stupid and wandered off is up for his courts martial to determine.

That idiot Obama has already given him a heros welcome at the White House. The entire world saw it. I doubt that Obama will sign off on Court Marshaling his terrorist buddy.

Ireland ... 'Heros Welcome Home for US Soldier Despite Desertion'

Yeah ... that's the kind of headlines that will make the terrorists think twice ... NOT!

This SOB is going to get away with desertion and with aiding the enemy.
He gets a slap on the back from sympathizer Obama.
The Americans who died looking for him will have lost their lives for nothing.
THAT is what is disgusting.

That is indeed sad. He abandoned his post and six men better and braver than him died trying to find his sorry ass because, unlike this traitor, they had a sense of loyalty to their fellow soldier.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Euphem

Same story, different child's book but I am glad that people understood where I was going with that, was worried it may have been to simple

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Some more info -
When the law was signed regarding Congressional notification of 30 days Obama used a... wait for it.... signing statement where he noted the Executive can act without notification in an exigent circumstance.

Absent that 30 days is required.

The argument of exigent circumstance by this administration revolves around the soldiers "health" yet they did not specify and absent the soldier coming out and explaining it its one of those pieces of info protected under federal law.

The exchange did not just occur. The administration has been dealing with this for OVER a year.

Its political and nothing more and is designed to shift focus away from other scandals. I find it amusing this administration, in order to push scandals off the front page, creates another scandal to do it.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

That is indeed sad. He abandoned his post and six men better and braver than him died trying to find his sorry ass because, unlike this traitor, they had a sense of loyalty to their fellow soldier.

Interestingly nobody is addressing that fact, everybody is getting their panties in a bunch about how Obama is been put once again in the spot light, I will like to know what the families of the brave death have to say about Obamas decisions of trading terrorist for a traitor, after all we can only imagine that it was all for justice but when Obama is shown himself with the father of the traitor praying to Allah, you know that justice for the brave death is not the agenda here.

I am still scratching my head trying to figure out what is the President up to, because justice is not to be serve after what we have learned.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Since when has Obama cared about the military? He has used them every chance he can.. From claiming victory in Iraq, Afghanistan, Bin Laden, no more al queida...

When something goes wrong he has no issues assigning that failure to the military. This is another example.

The military, by its very nature and its requirements, are not meant to be political. At the same time the military should not be used politically.

edit on 2-6-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The guy just might be a spy.

Good OP

Though I don’t like Obama for other reasons its true the brain dead GOP have no objectivity, there just partisan hacks who would condemn Obama for anything.

The negotiate with Terrorist doesn’t make sense, since they are already negotiating with the Taliban…some kind of behind the scenes peace talks that aren’t going very far.

Also how if ever will they end this war if they don’t negotiate with the Taliban?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

1 - BROKE THE LAW

'… five murdering terrorists … .' What did they perpetrate?

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join