It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kearney Nebraska Radcon 4?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I occasionally like to look at the US radiation maps and see what's going on. According to the map is shows Kearney NB at Radcon 4 levels?? Anyone know wth is going on to cause those levels?

Radiation Map

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Emerys

It looks like you're not the only one that sees high-readings from time to time.

For Example:

Why is Bismarck, ND station hot?

I'm trying to figger why Bismark would have a notable reading for a couple days at least...

I'm having trouble searching for radiation producing sites... is there a resource someone might advise? Yes, I did find the Minot incident..

What kind of power plant is 'Milton R. Young', on Lake Nelson, near Center? ..is it coal using only that one adjoining deposit?

-
There's also another site to check: Radiation Network but I don't see anything that Jumps-Out ... (except for an exceptional-sensor-reading in California).

This Radiation Network also has an "Alerts" webpage.

-
Finally, there is the ENENEWS - (Energy News) that consolidates Energy/Radiation News from around the world.

edit on 1-6-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I see it too.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Thanks for the reply. I saw that website as well. But I think both of them seem reliable. Curious as to which one is correct....

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

What if........It is caused by rain and storms. I notice Milwaukee and Madison WI are higher right now. It has rained a bunch today......Hmm.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Emerys

Thanks for the reply. I saw that website as well. But I think both of them seem reliable. Curious as to which one is correct....

OPINION: Use ALL three of those Resources ...

(or more that you can find; PLUS your Own-Judgement).

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Here is the EPA rad net for Kearney. Read in counts per hour, not per minute.

Link

Thing about other radnets is they are private party and although people mean well, results may vary. That reading isn't false, just not official…

Wait… what the hell am I saying?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
=Not to worry, one day we may have as many rads as this place here…

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Because of things like this....oil socks

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Blame it on Fukushima !

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
In the couple days following Fukushima, Denver was about 35, lately it ranges anywhere from 185 up to 350 on days that I have checked

Scary.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinker9917
In the couple days following Fukushima, Denver was about 35, lately it ranges anywhere from 185 up to 350 on days that I have checked

Scary.

The new average, huh? Same here on the west coast. Those are readings outside of our bodies, too.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Emerys
I occasionally like to look at the US radiation maps and see what's going on. According to the map is shows Kearney NB at Radcon 4 levels?? Anyone know wth is going on to cause those levels?

Radiation Map

I dont see Kerney NB at radcon 4 levels. When I check the map it shows radcon 1 levels..background.

This map is not serious is it??

I know of a nuclear power plant across the river in Surrey, Virginia..which has a large spent fuel storage pool.

Wonder what the counts are up close???

There are at least 10 nuclear reactors in Newport News, Virginia which have been operational and many more across the river at the Norfolk Navy base...not mentioned at all in this map.

You can find several up at Bremerton, Washington, Everet, Washington. La Jolla, California, Portsmouth, New Hampshire ...also look at
the shipyard in Roysth, Scotland..where the new English aircraft carrier can be seen on Google Earth. Look down at the river where you can see some 7 nuclear submarines tied up at the pierside...they are decomissioned submarines awaiting being scrapped. You mean these reactors do not have a level in them whether the fuel rods have been removed or not???

There is talk of bringing these submarines here to the United States to be scrapped. What do you think is going to happen to the levels iin the areas where they are being scrapped??

Not everything is on that radcon map.

But it is a starting point.

Some of you who can afford it ..get a small counter...capable of reading in Rems or Sieverts...at the push of a button and take levels around your neighborhood...and put them on a map. This is what radiation trained people do at a facility. These are called survey maps. Make your own..dont totally depend on a map like that one. Know what is going on in your neighborhood.

I have this counter here.

www.alibaba.com...

I keep it in my daily BOB and also spare batteries for it. It uses two AA type batteries.

I have mapped my property and also the routes..or certain places along the routes to and from the businesses I frequent and drawn survey maps of such. I will occasionally check them again to see if the background has significantly changed.

There are often survey points in cities and towns for which most of the public has no idea they are there but readings are being taken and logged in to someone. Not all of them are on that map.

Just some additional informations...no cover charge.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: orangetom1999

Thanks, orangetom. Kearney was yesterday, did you see today? Good for you on keeping your own tally. Its the only way to be sure.

Check your food too, it comes from somewhere else?

Scrapping subs in the US… gulp.

top topics

join