It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wtf just happened?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I've never been one to suffer from sleep issues before. I've been pretty fortunate that way. I lay my head down and I'm usually asleep within minutes. The only thing that has altered over my 53 years is the total sleep time per night has shortened bit. I'm usually good with about 6 to 6 1/2 hours a night.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow
I'm willing to bet you didn't lose any time at all, actually. You simply "thought" the clock said 8:57 when you looked at it, when it was actually 9:57. You just had your time wrong. It's easy to do with the sun going down so much later now as it seems like it's earlier than it is.

Also, if it was a digital clock, your view could have seen an 8 when it was actually a nine as they are so similar.

Easy slip-ups really.

POssible. But if he saw an 8 rather than the 9 then wouldn't he be aware of gaining an hour, as opposed to losing an hour? I mean, it's 9:47 am on my clock right now, but what if I looked at it and thought it said "3:47"? Wouldn't I catch that? I'll admit what you say makes sense to me.
edit on 2-6-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet but a great source for this type and similar experiences is the Glitch in the Matrix subreddit. It's comprised of user submitted stories that are supposed to be entirely factual. What you may have experienced is generally referred to there as a "time slip".

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
I usually dont post on these topics, but I will say this: last week I lost an hour in the car. I was out camping with my long time girlfriend, my niece, and her 3 year old daughter. My girlfriend and I drove down the hill to go to the little fishermans store to get my great niece a flaotie toy. Its about20 minutes down the hill, on gravel roads.

Overall, this trip took about 45 minutes.

When we got back my niece asked what had taken so long. We had been gone for almost two hours.

The weird part an out it was that my car clocked jumped forward the hour. But the clock on my phone didnt.

From someone like you who said this in another thread and much more along those lines in many:

The point is, any cter that admits they dont care about evidence is admitting that they shouldnt be taken seriously. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I take your time jump very seriously and thank you for sharing it. Did you speculate on the cause, did you spend any time looking at the toys?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I think that a lot of people have experienced similar things, but perhaps explain it away very, very quickly or get obsessed with it!

When it comes down to it, I think that our perception of space-time and space-time itself have some attributes and behaviors that we have not even begun to scratch the surface of understanding.

Or maybe... just maybe... your toaster oven is a time machine.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: twohawks
Not only am I baffled, I'm pissed I missed the show somehow after waiting two weeks. The weird part was I was looking through the channel guide to see what I could find for the couple of minutes before the show, as I hate commercials, and when I knew it was time, I turned back to 511, only to find that the show was over. DONE, FINITE...WTH

Most likely scenario is that it was actually 9:50 when you thought it was 8:50. You were sufficiently fixated on thinking about the TV show at 9 that when you saw the clock at 9:50 your brain registered at 8:50, because that was your expectation.

Modern neuroscience shows how powerfully people's preconceptions and assumptions can influence their attention and perception, so unless you're specifically looking to see if you missed the show by an hour you wouldn't notice one digit being somewhat different.
edit on 2-6-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
a reply to: twohawks

At least you were still in the same place and the pizza was still hot. I have lost about 2 hours while driving a car, and found myself in a completely different location, miles behind where we had already been. I had a passenger. Both of us looked at each other in a state of shock, at the same time, and said "What the hell?!!"

Any chance you made a thread on it?

If not, will you?

I would love to hear all the details of that story.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: twohawks

At what temperature did you heat your pizza? If you heated it at a high temp, like 375 or 400, then there's NO way an hour went by without burning your pizza slice. However, if you heated it slowly at 250, it might still be edible if left an extra hour.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: chasingbrahman

The toaster wasn't on the bake setting it was on the toast setting with a timer set to about 2 1/2 min. So I can't speak to what the temp was as it's pre set. But the timer which as expected did go off at the time set.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

From someone like you who said this in another thread and much more along those lines in many

I take your time jump very seriously and thank you for sharing it. Did you speculate on the cause, did you spend any time looking at the toys?
im not sure how to take this post....whether you are being serious or taking a dig...

As I said earler, I dont usually post on these topics. The reason being, evidence is hard to come by. And without evidence its hard to back up any claims. Much the same as the ghost and ufo experienced ive had. I rarely post on them, because I dont have anything but my word, so I tend to keep them for myself.

That said, heres what I know:

We were in the store for no more than ten minutes. I know this because there were 4 loggers in line buying beer for their end of the day, and when we walked up to the register the last one was being checked out.

The drive down was actually a little quicker than usually, because the gravel road was nice and dry (rare in a temperate rain forest)

We didnt finish a full cd from the time we lefthe campsite to when we returned.

Neither my girlfriend or I felt as though wed been gone any longer than normal.

Thats all I can recall at the moment.

I do consider the possibility that it wasnt us who necessarily slipped.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

I think you may have missed the part about having watched the complete movie that was scheduled just prior to GOT.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

Interesting story all the same.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Yes. Thank you for the information. I did in fact read EVERY word of the OP. Seizures may have kept the pizza hot if he didn't realize when he actually put it in the oven. It is possible to have fuzzy memory before and after any seizure.

So yes. I did read the OP.

What happens when we ASSume?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: twohawks

The toaster wasn't on the bake setting it was on the toast setting with a timer set to about 2 1/2 min. So I can't speak to what the temp was as it's pre set. But the timer which as expected did go off at the time set.

Well then. So this is the freakiest thing I've heard about in a while.

Out of nothing but dogged curiosity, what did you do between the time you pulled your pizza out of the toaster oven and posting here? I have no idea how this might help, but I guess I'm just hoping there's some small detail that makes us say "OH!" because this is so beyond odd to me. I typically jump to medical explanations for perceptual inconsistencies, but nothing medical explains this. Not the seizures or other odd states since that pizza wouldn't have stayed hot an hour and when people "lock up" for an entire hour, mid-pizza-prep, they sense muscle tension because they've been locked in a weight-baring position for an hour.
edit on 6/2/2014 by chasingbrahman because: oops

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Like I said I don't know whether it occurred prior to pizza prep or after eating the pizza either way we're only talking a matter of a few minutes, 8 or 9 tops. There were approximately 20 min between programs. Prior to getting up to heat the pizza, I just remember looking for something to turn the channel to to spare me having to view commercials or trailers as it were, given it was hbo.

It only took finding that I lost an hour for me to pic up my kindle and post it, so maybe a four minutes counting one finger typing time.

edit on 2-6-2014 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

im not sure how to take this post....whether you are being serious or taking a dig...

Serious, I haven't caught up yet but if no one asked did you guys do any drink?
I am fascinated by such cases, there are so many of them and some like yourself not prone to high imagination.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
so let's do a sherlock (correct me where wrong)

1. he watched a movie that directly preceeded the one he missed as a result of the time slip. 8pm-9pm?
2. ten minutes before that movie ended, presumably, he got up to remove his pizza from the toaster oven. 8:50pm?
3. he recalls these moments because his girlfriend fussed at him to turn down the tv, in this general
time frame (what time did she fuss at you precisely?)
4. he removed the pizza from the toaster oven. it was hot. 8:50pm ?
5. he went back in to the tv room to prepare to watch his regular tv show that comes on at 9pm. 8:50-9:00pm
6. the clock reads 9:50-ish pm instead, and he has lost 1 hour / give or take a few minutes. but his pizza is still hot from an hour prior.

only thing that comes to mind is that he had the black out/ time slip BEFORE he removed the pizza from the toaster oven but after his girl friend asked him to turn down the tv? to isolate it down to the exact time he blacked out/ time slipped, would be nice to have exact times.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
MY digital cable sometimes gets a program start/finish time wrong on the guide. I've seen it list a program to end at, for example 7:00 and the following show to start at 6:30.

Maybe you just simply weren't aware of the correct actual time...

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Except 9pm is what time that show is always on. Every single time. So that is not what happened here. Blackouts not possible because OP stated that the toaster oven was set for 2 1/2 minutes and heard the 'ding' for the timer. So no way he blacked out especially since it'd still gone cold completely in an hr. Even if it was in the toaster oven. Because stops when the timer has dinged. He didn't black out with it in his hand, it would mean the pizza would still have gotten cold. The only possible explanation is time skipping. Person was moved instantaneously between two points in time in close proximity, that's the only way this can have happened. Like a small time jump.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

To be precise, the pizza was hot while I was eating it which also happened to be the time period I noticed I had lost an hour.. so given that info, it is more likely something happened prior to my going into the kitchen.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join