It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a coincidence or an extraterrestial signal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This is something that happened to me that made me pause. Awhile ago, I was doing some research and I came across Jocelyn Bell Burnell. Who is she?

Dame (Susan) Jocelyn Bell Burnell, DBE, FRS, FRAS (born 15 July 1943) is a Northern Irish astrophysicist. As a postgraduate student, she discovered the first radio pulsars while studying and advised by her thesis supervisor Antony Hewish,[5][6] for which Hewish shared the Nobel Prize in Physics with Martin Ryle, while Bell Burnell was excluded, despite having observed the pulsars.[8] Bell Burnell was President of the Royal Astronomical Society from 2002 to 2004, president of the Institute of Physics from October 2008 until October 2010, and was interim president following the death of her successor, Marshall Stoneham, in early 2011. She was succeeded in October 2011 by Sir Peter Knight.[9]

She came across a pulsar called PSR B1919+21 she labeled it LGM-1 or Little Green Man-1.

In July 1967, she detected a bit of "scruff" on her chart-recorder papers that tracked across the sky with the stars. Ms. Bell found that the signal was pulsing with great regularity, at a rate of about one pulse per second. Temporarily dubbed "Little Green Man 1" (LGM-1) the source (now known as PSR B1919+21) was identified after several years as a rapidly rotating neutron star. This was later documented by the BBC Horizon series (extract www.bbc.co.uk...)

I chuckled and continued my research.

Months later I'm reading some information about planck's satellite and how recent findings suggest earth may have a special place in the universe.

Most cosmologists will not admit it publicly, but perhaps over a beer they would tell you what is happening. Observations over the last 50 years, culminating with the Planck satellite results set modern science on a counter revolution leading closer to ideas formed 500 years ago. Today’s cosmology is based on two broad principles: The Copernican Principle (we are not in a special place in the universe) and the Cosmological Principle (The Copernican Principle, plus isotropy- the view from anywhere in the universe looks about the same). Starting with early studies of the cosmic microwave background (CMB), and in recent years culminating with results from the COBE then the WMAP satellites, scientists were faced with a signal at the largest scales of the universe- a signal that pointed right back at us, indicating that we are in a special place in the universe.

Without getting overly technical, the Copernican and cosmological principles require that any variation in the radiation from the CMB be more or less randomly distributed throughout the universe, especially on large scales. Results from the WMAP satellite (early 2000s) indicated that when looking at large scales of the universe, the noise could be partitioned into “hot” and “cold” sections, and this partitioning is aligned with our ecliptic plane and equinoxes. This partitioning and alignment resulted in an axis through the universe, which scientists dubbed “the axis of evil”, because of the damage it does to their theories. This axis passes right through our tiny portion of the universe. Laurence Krauss commented in 2005:

“ But when you look at [the cosmic microwave background] map, you also see that the structure that is observed, is in fact, in a weird way, correlated with the plane of the earth around the sun. Is this Copernicus coming back to haunt us? That’s crazy. We’re looking out at the whole universe. There’s no way there should be a correlation of structure with our motion of the earth around the sun — the plane of the earth around the sun — the ecliptic. That would say we are truly the center of the universe.”

Most scientists brushed the observation off as a fluke of some type, and many theories were created to explain it away. Many awaited the Planck mission. The Planck satellite was looked upon as a referee for these unexpected (and unwelcome) results. The Planck satellite used different sensor technology, and an improved scanning pattern to map the CMB. In March 2013, Planck reported back, and in fact verified the presence of the signal in even higher definition than before!

medium.com...

This is a very interesting discovery and it's good that it may shake things up. Here's a video about a documentary called The Principle that's coming out on this subject.

I then looked at another article that said our universe also had a preferred direction.

Rong-Gen Cai and Zhong-Liang Tuo at the Key Laboratory of Frontiers in Theoretical Physics at the Chinese Academy of Sciences in Beijing have re-examined the data from 557 supernovas throughout the Universe and recrunched the numbers.

Today, they confirm that the preferred axis is real. According to their calculations, the direction of greatest acceleration is in the constellation of Vulpecula in the Northern hemisphere. That’s consistent with other analyses and also with other evidence such as other data showing a preferred axis in the cosmic microwave background.

www.technologyreview.com...

I read Vulpecula and something clicked. I read that before. So I remembered it was the pulsar from Jayne Bell Burnell. The LGM-1.

PSR B1919+21 is a pulsar with a period of 1.3373 seconds,[2] and a pulse width of 0.04 second. It was the first radio pulsar discovered (on November 28, 1967 by Jocelyn Bell Burnell and Antony Hewish).[3] The power and regularity of the signals was thought to resemble a beacon, so for a time the source was nicknamed "LGM-1" (for "Little Green Men").

The original designation of this pulsar was CP 1919 and it is also known as PSR J1921+2153. It is located in the constellation of Vulpecula.

Jocelyn Bell said this:

We did not really believe that we had picked up signals from another civilization, but obviously the idea had crossed our minds and we had no proof that it was an entirely natural radio emission. It is an interesting problem - if one thinks one may have detected life elsewhere in the universe how does one announce the results responsibly? Who does one tell first?

Interesting questions indeed.

So you have Bell picking up signals she thought was odd enough to label them Little Green Men - 1 coming from Vulpecula.

Planck satellite shows we may have a special place in the universe contrary to popular belief.

The expansion of the universe seems to be expanding faster towards Vulpecula.

There's more:

We are not alone. Scientists have discovered a second blue planet in the Universe, although this one is decidedly inhospitable and unlikely to support life.

Planet HD 189733b lies some 63 light years beyond our Solar System in the constellation Vulpecula is a deep cobalt blue according to data gathered by the Hubble space telescope, but its azure hue is not due to water but drops of liquid glass raining down horizontally in 7,000 kilometre-per-hour winds.

Vulpecula again? Here's more:

Never mind whether there is life on Mars, is there life on planet HD 189733b? That is the question raised by the discovery of some of the building blocks of life on one of the closest known planets orbiting a star other than our own sun.

Cont'd

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Astronomers said yesterday they have detected water and carbon dioxide – key signs of life – in the atmosphere of HD 189733b, which orbits a star 63 light years away from Earth in the constellation Vulpecula.

www.independent.co.uk...

What else?

NASA's Hubble Space Telescope (HST) has made the first detection ever of an organic molecule in the atmosphere of a Jupiter-sized planet orbiting another star. This breakthrough is an important step in eventually identifying signs of life on a planet outside our solar system.

The molecule found by Hubble is methane, which under the right circumstances can play a key role in prebiotic chemistry -- the chemical reactions considered necessary to form life as we know it.

This discovery proves that Hubble and upcoming space missions, such as NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, can detect organic molecules on planets around other stars by using spectroscopy, which splits light into its components to reveal the "fingerprints" of various chemicals.

"This is a crucial stepping stone to eventually characterizing prebiotic molecules on planets where life could exist," said Mark Swain of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), Pasadena, Calif., who led the team that made the discovery. Swain is lead author of a paper appearing in the March 20 issue of Nature.

The discovery comes after extensive observations made in May 2007 with Hubble's Near Infrared Camera and Multi-Object Spectrometer (NICMOS). It also confirms the existence of water molecules in the planet's atmosphere, a discovery made originally by NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope in 2007. "With this observation there is no question whether there is water or not - water is present," said Swain.

The planet now known to have methane and water is located 63 light-years away in the constellation Vulpecula. Called HD 189733b, the planet is so massive and so hot it is considered an unlikely host for life. HD 189733b, dubbed a "hot Jupiter," is so close to its parent star it takes just over two days to complete an orbit. These objects are the size of Jupiter but orbit closer to their stars than the tiny innermost planet Mercury in our solar system. HD 189733b's atmosphere swelters at 1,700 degrees Fahrenheit, about the same temperature as the melting point of silver.

www.nasa.gov...

It's not only that artist rendition of the planet look close to earth.

en.wikipedia.org...:HD_189733_b_deep_blue_dot.jpg

Is this just a coincidence?

Maybe the advanced civilization that put us here comes from Vulpecula like in that movie Prometheus.

Who knows
edit on 1-6-2014 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

While i found your post interesting, I have to warn you .....You probably shouldn't take the ideas expressed in 'The Principle' too seriously. It's basically psuedo science that is being produced by Robert Sungenis. Sungenis is also a notorious anti-Semite and Holocaust denier. Though being an anti-Semite and Holocaust denier doesn't NECESSARILY disprove the ideas in the film.....There's been a rather huge backlash from the scientific community calling it a bunch of hogwash. Here's a couple links I just Googled about it. Apparently even 'Captain Janeway' herself (who is the narrator) has denounced the film, and claimed she was misled as to the nature of it.

gawker.com...

mobile.rawstory.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bhornbuckle75

I figured someone would read the post and concentrate on Robert Sungenis which has nothing to do with the actual discovery or the post. His views about Jews are irrelevant to the findings in the study from Planck. Who cares about his views? It's a documentary about what occurred with Planck and this is why Scientist appeared in the video.

So please don't turn the thread into a debate about Robert Sungenis. Out of the entire post I knew someone would zero in on that when the post isn't about Sungenis.

Like I said, his personal views have nothing to do with the discovery from Planck that Scientist are discussing and I added a link to more information on the topic.

Out of the entire post, all you saw was Robert Sungenis. The discovery from Planck has nothing to do with his personal views. Now that has been discussed can we please just debate the thread.

If you want to debate the personal views of Robert Sungenis, I suggest starting a separate thread.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Not that I've heard of the guy Robert Sungenis, I'd disagree with you and state that his 'documentary' he made is entirely relevant to the topic at hand. If the film maker has wild views against the grain of knowledge, then can we trust a documentary of his?

What do you mean by special place in the universe? A copernican view? I'd say that's a by product of us looking outward in all directions as far as we can see, it may look like us at the center from our viewpoint. Can you clarify what you think Bell is saying? It seems to me she's simply saying that at the time they didn't quite know what the radio signal was, but obviously now they know it is an entirely known phenomenon, a pulsar.

I'm a bit lost really, about what your getting at....?

Edit: Actually, reading this helped.

Sungenis is also a notorious anti-Semite and Holocaust denier who apparently believes in a Zionist plot to install Satan as the ruler of the world. He got his Ph.D. in religious studies from "a private distance-learning institution located in Republic of Vanuatu," where his dissertation was on ... you guessed it, Geocentrism.

He's also the principal speaker in The Principle.

gawker.com... ary-about-geo-1560832782

Well, that put's his credentials of a scientific documentary film maker in the toilet I guess!

edit on 1-6-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Did you actually read my post? I was the first to point out that his racist views, and holocaust denial didn't necessarily debunk the ideas in the documentary. (Though his doubting of the holocaust doesnt exactly portray him as having the most logical of thought processes IMHO)

My main point was that there is a rather huge backlash from the scientific community, calling the documentary misleading, and full of pseudoscience. THAT was why I was suggesting you not take the documentary that seriously. Why do you choose to ignore the very serious red flags brought up by the scientific community, and pretend I was saying something that I clearly went out of my way to point out I wasn't?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

If you're lost read the post.

It's about Vulpecula not Robert Sungenis. I actually put that video on here to show that science is in bad shape.

The documentary is just a trailer and it's talking about a SCIENTIFIC DISCOVERY FROM PLANCK SATELLITE.

Scientist discussed the new discovery and that's it. I quote from the article again:

Most cosmologists will not admit it publicly, but perhaps over a beer they would tell you what is happening. Observations over the last 50 years, culminating with the Planck satellite results set modern science on a counter revolution leading closer to ideas formed 500 years ago. Today’s cosmology is based on two broad principles: The Copernican Principle (we are not in a special place in the universe) and the Cosmological Principle (The Copernican Principle, plus isotropy- the view from anywhere in the universe looks about the same). Starting with early studies of the cosmic microwave background (CMB), and in recent years culminating with results from the COBE then the WMAP satellites, scientists were faced with a signal at the largest scales of the universe- a signal that pointed right back at us, indicating that we are in a special place in the universe.

Without getting overly technical, the Copernican and cosmological principles require that any variation in the radiation from the CMB be more or less randomly distributed throughout the universe, especially on large scales. Results from the WMAP satellite (early 2000s) indicated that when looking at large scales of the universe, the noise could be partitioned into “hot” and “cold” sections, and this partitioning is aligned with our ecliptic plane and equinoxes. This partitioning and alignment resulted in an axis through the universe, which scientists dubbed “the axis of evil”, because of the damage it does to their theories. This axis passes right through our tiny portion of the universe. Laurence Krauss commented in 2005:

“ But when you look at [the cosmic microwave background] map, you also see that the structure that is observed, is in fact, in a weird way, correlated with the plane of the earth around the sun. Is this Copernicus coming back to haunt us? That’s crazy. We’re looking out at the whole universe. There’s no way there should be a correlation of structure with our motion of the earth around the sun — the plane of the earth around the sun — the ecliptic. That would say we are truly the center of the universe.”

Most scientists brushed the observation off as a fluke of some type, and many theories were created to explain it away. Many awaited the Planck mission. The Planck satellite was looked upon as a referee for these unexpected (and unwelcome) results. The Planck satellite used different sensor technology, and an improved scanning pattern to map the CMB. In March 2013, Planck reported back, and in fact verified the presence of the signal in even higher definition than before!

His documentary is relevant to the topic at hand when it comes to the recent findings from Planck Satellite that Krauss, Kaku and Tegmark agreed to discuss.

Co-producer Rick DeLano responded to these allegations, insisting that the documentary is an examination of the Copernican Principle and does not explicitly promote the geocentric point of view, adding that he is in possession of signed releases from Krauss and Mulgrew, neither being misled about the content of the documentary or its intention to "explore controversial aspects of cosmology, even highly controversial ideas and theories."

Again, can we talk about Vulpecula and the post. If you want to debate Sungenis then start another thread.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bhornbuckle75

What red flags?

You're talking about his personal views. Did you even watch the trailer?

Scientist were talking about recent discoveries that could shake up current scientific understanding. That's it. You're the only one talking about Sungenis and his personal views. I didn't see Kaku, Krauss or Tegmark talking about his personal views in the documentary.

Their talking about science.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Scientists are excited about learning about dark matter and energy, that seems to have been placed out of context to be used in promoting this stuff. You can see this first hand in the video when that famous physicist is saying there is a shelf load of awards awaiting the people who can explain dark matter and dark energy, he doesn't mention any earth as the center of axis stuff.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

I am not sure whether Knauss was taken out of context here:

I mean, we are not looking at "the whole universe". Nobody thinks we can observe the whole universe. It could be that the fluctuations are just a "local" anomaly.

The task of interpretation is complicated by what's called “cosmic variance,” or the fact that our observable Universe is just one region in a larger Universe. Random chance dictates that some pockets of the whole Universe will have larger or smaller fluctuations than others, and those fluctuations might even be aligned entirely by coincidence.

In other words, the “axis of evil” could very well be an illusion, a pattern that wouldn't seem amiss if we could see more of the Universe.

arstechnica.com...

That article does go on to say that the anomaly is somewhat larger than theory would suggest is likely, but it certainly isn't impossible.

Equally, the fact that the "axis" appears to be roughly aligned with the ecliptic means that it could be something close by that is interfering with the measurements... but again, nobody knows what.

As Johns Hopkins University cosmologist Marc Kamionkowski phrased it, "These CMB anomalies, if real, will pose similarly big questions for fundamental physics and for the prevailing inflationary paradigm for the origin of the Universe. The case that these anomalies are real is, however, nowhere nearly as well established. They may be there, but they may just as well not."

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I've always had my concerns about the way we measure the CMB and think that we're getting a good picture of the big bangs "after glow". If the CMB does indeed contain this element which puts us at the center of the universe then clearly it's some sort of artifact caused by the way we measure the CMB. Lets be honest here, our solar system is moving through space at a great speed, it's rotating around the center of our galaxy, and about 100 million years ago we were on the other side of the galaxy.

Even our entire galaxy is moving at a great speed, and given enough time it will eventually collide with another galaxy which is on a collision course with our galaxy. So it's completely insane, however you look at it, to claim we are "at the center of the universe". That is just not a technically or logically correct claim, and it never will be. The real problem here is our methodology, we are at the center of the measurements being made, that is the first clue to how this problem can be explained.
edit on 2/6/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Something else I just thought of, if the universe is infinite as the evidence suggests (in fact the strongest evidence for an infinite universe comes from CMB pattern analysis) then in some sense we are "at the center of the universe". So that's another potential explanation, although perhaps not entirely satisfactory.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

then in some sense we are "at the center of the universe".

In this case, I am the center of the universe and everything revolves around me.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder
Well certainly we are at the centre of the observable universe, by definition.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Like I said, this is a huge discovery that was made even worse because Planck satellite showed the signal was even stronger than it was originally thought.

Even the rabid atheist Laurence Krauss realizes how potentially huge this could be.

Here's more from a New Scientist article that occurred before Planck confirmed this.

WHAT would you do if you found a mysterious and controversial pattern in the radiation left over from the big bang? In 2005, Kate Land and Joyo Magueijo at Imperial College London faced just such a conundrum. What they did next was a PR master stroke: they called their discovery the cosmic "axis of evil".

What exactly had they seen? Instead of finding hot and cold spots randomly spattered across the sky as they expected, the pair's analysis showed that the spots in the cosmic microwave background (CMB) appeared to be aligned in one particular direction through space.

The apparent alignment is "evil" because it undermines what we thought we knew about the early universe. Modern cosmology is built on the assumption that the universe is essentially the same in whichever direction we look. If the cosmic radiation has a preferred direction, that assumption may have to go - along with our best theories about cosmic history.

This disaster might be averted if we can show that the axis arises from some oddity in the way our telescopes and satellites observe the radiation. A nearby supercluster of galaxies could also save the day: its gravitational pull might be enough to distort the radiation into the anomalous form seen.

Nobody knows for sure. We are dealing with the limits of our capabilities, says Michael Longo of the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. "All observations beyond our galaxy are obscured by the disc of the Milky Way," he points out, so we need to be careful how we interpret them.

The European Space Agency's recently launched Planck space telescope might settle the issue when it makes the most sensitive maps yet of the CMB. Until then, the axis of evil continues to terrorise us.

www.newscientist.com...

This is huge and this is why they labeled it "evil" and said it could "terrorize us." Why would it be evil? It's just a scientific observation but it's evil to them because the universe is supposed to be random without question and this says the opposite.

In all honesty, we shouldn't be surprised because we're a type 0 civilization that knows less about the universe and the nature of reality that some in science don't want to accept.

This is what Paolo Natoli said about the discovery:

“The fact that Planck has made such a significant detection of these anomalies erases any doubts about their reality; it can no longer be said that they are artefacts of the measurements. They are real and we have to look for a credible explanation,” says Paolo Natoli of the University of Ferrara, Italy.

This brings us back to the point of the post. In a separate discovery Scientist discovered that the expansion of the universe was occurring faster in places instead of being uniform.

Rong-Gen Cai and Zhong-Liang Tuo at the Key Laboratory of Frontiers in Theoretical Physics at the Chinese Academy of Sciences in Beijing have re-examined the data from 557 supernovas throughout the Universe and recrunched the numbers.

Today, they confirm that the preferred axis is real. According to their calculations, the direction of greatest acceleration is in the constellation of Vulpecula in the Northern hemisphere. That’s consistent with other analyses and also with other evidence such as other data showing a preferred axis in the cosmic microwave background.

Why Vulpecula?

Like I said, it's just a question because all of the things I listed in my OP seem to come back to Vulpecula. We've found water, methane and carbon dioxide from a blue planet in that constellation.

I remember reading not to long that an advanced civilization would create anomalies in space because the enormous amounts of energy they would use.

For instance, if we were a type 2 civilization we could harness more energy from the Sun and we would begin to populate the solar system and the galaxy. We could have 300-400 billion people spread out in places like Mars, Europa, Titan and other places.

So the reason the universe might be expanding faster towards Vulpecula is for these reasons.

In fact, we could be dealing with an advance type 3 civilization that could terraform other Hubble volumes that may not be able to produce life as we know it and this is why Planck is showing this axis towards earth. Because the Hubble volume was "void" and darkness(no life) could be found. Then this civilization changed things around and also put us on this planet.

We need to explore Vulpecula even more.
edit on 2-6-2014 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2014 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
If we were at the center of the universe, wouldn't it be strange for Earth life to ultimately originate on Vulpeca?

Why would scientists call a data set "evil"? Results that contradict the current model are not considered evil, because science isn't religion. They say stuff like this: "On one hand, we have a simple model that fits our observations extremely well, but on the other hand, we see some strange features which force us to rethink some of our basic assumptions," said Jan Tauber, the European Space Agency's Planck project scientist based in the Netherlands. "This is the beginning of a new journey, and we expect our continued analysis of Planck data will help shed light on this conundrum."

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: conundrummer

Good points.

The reason they label it "evil" because it's less about science and more about a worldview. Atheist and materialist don't want to see a non random universe. They want random distribution of matter and that fits the worldview that there isn't any special places in the universe. Krauss summed it up.

“But when you look at [the cosmic microwave background] map, you also see that the structure that is observed, is in fact, in a weird way, correlated with the plane of the earth around the sun. Is this Copernicus coming back to haunt us? That’s crazy. We’re looking out at the whole universe. There’s no way there should be a correlation of structure with our motion of the earth around the sun — the plane of the earth around the sun — the ecliptic. That would say we are truly the center of the universe.”

See, if it's non random then the question has to be asked why? Why is the universe expanding faster towards Vulpecula? Why is there correlation of structure with our motion of the earth and the sun? If it was just random then this shouldn't be. So this is more about a worldview and less about science. Here's more about Vulpecula.

Vulpecula is small, so why is the universe expanding faster towards this small constellation?

Although Vulpecula is a small, dim constellation, with no particular mythology and no named stars, it does have one major claim to fame: M27 (NGC 6853), a planetary nebula named the Dumbbell Nebula. M27 is the first planetary nebula ever discovered, back in 1764 by the famous French astronomer Charles Messier. This cloud of gas thrown off by a dying star is considered the most conspicuous planetary nebula in the sky, easily accessible in a backyard telescope and even visible in a good set of binoculars. The star at the center of the nebula that created this extraordinary cloud has a faint magnitude of 13.5. The nebula itself shines at magnitude 8, and is 1,200 light years away. It is truly immense, stretching over 2.5 light years across, which is over 4,000 times greater than the distance from the Sun to Pluto. And it is growing ever larger, expanding at the incredible rate of 17 miles per second. The first photo below shows what the nebula looks like through a small scope at high magnification.

mexicanskies.com...

This Nebula also contains the biggest known white dwarf.

The central star, a white dwarf, is estimated to have a radius which is 0.055 ± 0.02 R☉ which gives it a size larger than any other known white dwarf.[2] The central star mass was estimated in 1999 by Napiwotzki to be 0.56 ± 0.01 M☉.[2]

There's more. The way it was discovered is kind of peculiar.

This month we've got two tiny constellations to look at: Vulpecula and Sagitta. The fox and the arrow seem to be a match made in heaven, but on investigation we find that while the arrow has been around for thousands of years, the fox is a fairly recent creation.

The constellation Vulpecula was initially known as Vulpecula et Anser,"fox with the goose", and was the invention of 17th century astronomer Johannes Helveius to fill an area left blank on prior star maps. Known today only as Vulpecula (The Little Fox), the goose must have been a short meal – all thats remains of the goose is Alpha Vulpecula (named Anser) caught between the teeth like a leftover morsel.

It’s far too late to save this goose.

So if it's too late to save the goose, why shoot the fox? That presumes the unknown archer is actually shooting at the fox.

Given the timeline, we see we have a bit of a chicken and egg problem. Obviously, since it was shot well before the fox came on the scene, the arrow can’t be targeting the Vulpecula. Who shot the arrow? And at what? Taking a look at the summer milky one celestial archer screams out – but unless he’s a truly horrid shot, it most likely wasn't Sagittarius – he’s facing the wrong way. Casting about the sky, we latch onto another likely suspect setting in the west – Hercules. But if it was Hercules, whom was he shooting act? If not the fox, we've got two other prime suspects, either Aquilia (the eagle) or Cygnus (the swan)/ Both have just taken flight, undoubtedly shocked into action by the unexpected attack. Whatever the target, it looks like poor Vulpecula is going to go hungry for a while.

www.cloudynights.com...

You then have water, methane and carbon dioxide in the atmosphere around a planet in Vulpecula. They need to time these heat emission better because they look one year and there gone.

I remember Dr. Kaku talking about one way to find an advanced civilization is to look for massive emissions coming from planets because of thermodynamics. We need to ask do these emissions look random or do they look non random. The video says emissions were seen and then in 2010, they didn't see emissions and then they saw them again in 2011.

Like I said, why Vulpeca? Why this small constellation?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
“But when you look at [the cosmic microwave background] map, you also see that the structure that is observed, is in fact, in a weird way, correlated with the plane of the earth around the sun. Is this Copernicus coming back to haunt us? That’s crazy. We’re looking out at the whole universe. There’s no way there should be a correlation of structure with our motion of the earth around the sun — the plane of the earth around the sun — the ecliptic. That would say we are truly the center of the universe.”

Can you expand on the "weird way" that the mapping is correlated with the plane of the Earth around the sun?

Is it possible that the reason there are similarities between our Solar System and the universe at large because certain structures are naturally reproduced at various scales (i.e. the logarhythmic spiral appearing in a gastropod or galaxy swirl)? We've all heard correlation does not equal causation. A snail shell doesn't spiral because the galaxy it comes from spirals. Is it possible that what we're looking at is a common scalable structure of space that we think looks like our solar system because that's how solar systems look? It sounds a bit like assuming that all systems of planets rotating a star are actually copying our unique way of conserving angular momentum, when in reality we are one of many examples of a common model.
edit on 6/3/1414 by conundrummer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The Band Joy Division used the image of PSR B1919+21 as their album cover for the record Unknown Pleasures

Two songs on that always interested me...
Transmission
The Day of the Lords

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

It means current understanding in Cosmology could be turned on it's head. The Cosmological Principle require that any variation between radiation be distributed randomly throughout the cosmic microwave background. Well, first WMAP and now Planck Satellite has thrown a big monkey wrench into the mix because the hot and cold spots show a preferred handedness in a direction that's aligned with the motion of the earth around the sun.

This flies in the face of the Cosmological Principle and the Standard Model. Cosmologist predicted that we should see a random distribution at large scales because there isn't any place in the universe that's special. Lo and behold, WMAP and Planck said space prefers the direction towards earth of all places. Why earth?

This also goes deep into people's core beliefs and it dates back to Copernicus. The Copernican Principle says there's nothing special about earth, those within Religion say God created the earth and the universe specially for us. WMAP and Planck seem to be agreeing with those on the Religious side of the debate but maybe they will invent something like dark gravity or something else dark to try to explain these observations.

It doesn't stop there and that brings us back to Vulpecula. Scientist thought space should be expanding in a fairly uniform manner, yet we see the expansion is moving faster towards a small constellation called Vulpecula.

The same Vulpecula where we found a planet that looks similar to earth and we found methane, carbon dioxide and water in the atmosphere.

The same Vulpecula where pulsars originated that a scientist labeled Little Green Men-1.

The same Vulpecula that contains a huge Nebula and in the center of this nebula is the biggest white dwarf in the universe.

I remember reading scientist saying one way that we may spot an advanced civilization is through white dwarfs.

White Dwarfs May Hold The Key To Finding Alien Life

It’s around these slowly dying stars that astronomers now think may show the first signs of life. At least, given the limits of our current technology. That’s the conclusion of researchers at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics.

“In the quest for extraterrestrial biological signatures, the first stars we study should be white dwarfs,” said theorist Avi Loeb in a CfA press release.

So far, no planets have been found in the “habitable zone” of a white dwarf star – an orbit where liquid water could exist on the surface of the planet. However, the researchers believe that a survey of 500 or so dwarf stars could discover such a planet.

www.forbes.com...

So we have space expanding faster towards tiny Vulpecula.

The largest white dwarf in the universe in the center of a nebula in Vulpecula.

Water, Carbon Dioxide and Methane found in the atmosphere on a planet in Vulpecula.

A pulsar labeled Little Green Men-1 coming from Vulpecula.

What else? Did beings from Vulpecula get in contact with Gene Roddenberry and gave him the idea of Vulcans???? (Just Joking).

a reply to: abeverage

I just saw your post and that's very interesting. I will have to check that album out. Thanks for the info!
edit on 3-6-2014 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

top topics

join